Post a message to Zoots

I’ll put it in an envelope and make sure it gets to him.

PM’d you.

From Zoot’s mother:

Does his prison allow books to be sent? Can they be from Amazon, the publishers only, or can I just mail any book I have?

No.

They don’t even give the original letter, it is photocopied. Guessing too many soaked letters into drugs, no more than five pages. Yeah, my letter certainly wouldn’t of been delivered.

I doubt he will be there for years, they seem a bunch of cheapskates. I’ll try payday to send a cheeseburger.

Wait, they do allow Amazon.com books, but I’ll call the number on Monday to confirm. Says no hardcover books, but seems to be in general for local jails, still gonna check, cause knowing him, he is in the one prison that disallows it.

I’ll send a food package to him via that link, using his prison number? does Brian(?) have any preferences?

Wait till we can absolutely confirm his prison number is correct. It might not be the same as Hyde.

vbsocaremart.com/contactus.aspx

That is the contact address, like a idiot I forgot yo ask if his prisoner number is current. Questions I asked involved mailing books off Amazon, and if I send him a cheeseburger, if the money I put in for it actually gets him a cheeseburger, or if the automatically take the money and apply it to his debt.

When my heroin addicted little sister was jailed in Ohio, she said she needed $340 dollars for a medical visit. I get under $200 a week in pay, so I was shocked, asked the prison clerk, they said they have to pay $300 in administration costs before they can check in, and that medical care was completely free.

My sister was mentally debilitated from the drug damage at the time, so opted not to pay, cause she couldn’t stop lying even once behind bars. I get her son presents though.

Prison policy is the warden/sheriff’s ultimate responsibility. There are obvious state laws, both from the legislature and judges saying how they are to be treated, and wardens do study model prison and practices, but it looks like Zoots has landed in a prison ran by a sheriff who ran on a brutally strict financial austerity program, claiming he was getting tough on crime, making prisoners pay for themselves. Technically legal, but the meals sound legally below nutritional requirements. You really need to contact them, confirm it is his cutrentprison number, that he will receive the food we pay for and that the Sheriff’s Department isn’t defrauding us of our financial contribution, because honestly, they may be. I can’t see anything written on the site claiming they are or are not. Keep proof of payment if you do, if they don’t deliver, we can collectively sue if they give no indication. It is one thing to make a prisoner pay, but another entirely in misleading others inti paying a state when the think they are relieving a prisoner’s suffering.

I like it that at this jail there is an option to buy him food and goods.
To everyone who have shown an interest in helping, thank you.

I have no idea if anyone else but me has sent him anything over the past year. I send my letters without a return address, so I don’t hear back. If I really am the only one helping him, then his situation is bad.
I’ve sent him money and letters in an erradic way. Not frequent enough, and not with any predictability. I feel bad for sucking so much at giving support. I am very constrained where it comes to time for sitting down and writing. I’m rarely alone. I don’t own my time. This is no excuse, though. I am going to effort to make time.

Stop sending him cash, checks, money orders, he won’t get them.

He got the money I sent to him. I sent it via jpay at hyde ci.
JPay, at the time, was the only way they’d accept money.

While he is at VA Beach, use his new booking number.

What is his new booking number.

I need to know exactly what to write on the letter I’m mailing, I’ll copy a small philosophy text for him tonight.

Is his prisoner ID the same?

His booking at VA Beach is 17-017188. This is the number that he put in his envelope to his mother, so it is valid.
He has a state inmate id# as well. I reckon that this one stays the same so long as he is in Virginia.
I posted the address in the other thread, but I’ll post the full adress here later. I’m on mobile.

vadoc.virginia.gov/offenders/lo … sults.aspx

His zip code is 23456, you left a number off, and Virginia is listing his ID as 1872160

I put two numbers on. Hope it doesn’t get rejected. Copied five pages with a brush, so it took a few hours. He now has a crash course in pyrrhonist philosophy. Next time, who knows who I will select. It has to end with a name -ius though.

Hey this thread is awesome. Just throwing this out there, if I drop off this site and don’t post for more than a month or so, it’ll be because I’m in a state prison here. Long story. But, be assured, I would love to have people send me snacks and books. So, keep that in mind. It’s probably going to be a non-prison situation, but you never really know until you know. If I do go, it’ll be for quite some time, so send lots of books. Thanks.

Smears, pm full name and dob just in case.

I got Zoots a box of donuts and a big pack of snacks. He’s going to receive it on Monday.
I guess the best thing is to put money in his account, so he can just get whatever he needs. Extra food when he is hungry, toiletries, clothing etc.

You would also need the State he’s being locked up in and the district/county to help narrow the search. J/S.

Yeah, it helps.

Is there a definitive prisoner ID number for Zoot A? Don’t really want to send anything otherwise.

Phone, if they deduct money from his account till his debt is paid off before allowing him to purchase, then just putting money in doesn’t let him buy anything.

I have no issue buying him a cheeseburger. I just have a problem thinking I bought him several cheeseburgers over the years, only to find out he got no cheeseburger, instead some sheriff department pocketed the money. I’m serious, that’s how Ohio does it. I just want a assurance first before I do that from the state of Virginia. I have no intention of buying the prison Mop Glow or fixing the bathroom sink of some clerk when my real intention is buying him a double cheeseburger. That is exactly how Ohio does it.