I'm Enduring Health Problems.

I’ll be perfectly honest with everybody here on the forums. Next week I’m setting up an appointment because I’m suffering some gastrointestinal problems. It is at the moment medically unknown.

My best guesses of the problems I’m facing are:

Trapped gallstones
Infected gallbladder
Trapped kidney stones
Incarcerated/strangulated hernia
Liver sclerosis
Intestinal obstruction
Stomach cancer

I’m hoping my problems are one of those that are less severe.

Maybe that toy car you ate as a kid is finally starting to move out?

I was known to do crazy and in-ordinary things as a child, let’s hope not.

Good idea to get the matter looked into early, as medical issues get worse over time and cause other issues to arise.

My non-religious prayers are with you that it’s minor [-o<

Yeah, I’ve put it off too long. If I do die I’m coming back to haunt you all on the forums here as an internet nauseating nihilistic ghost. Even in death my pestering everybody here with my doom and gloom won’t stop. You’ve been all warned in advance.

You can foe ghosts. One of the unexpected positive quirks of this site’s bizarre programming.

Nah, we’re talking about me here, I’d find a way around it. It would be a phantom underworld cyber haunting forum hack. You think I’m a pain in the ass now just think about how much of a pain in the ass in death I would be. You all are not getting off the hook so easily if I did mark my words. =;

You are indeed the most religious person here on these forums Mr. Wizard.

If I should die prematurely (Let’s hope not of course) if god exists (I highly doubt it) I’ll make sure to spit a loogie in god’s face and tell him Turd Ferguson sent me.

You won’t die from having your prostate removed.

Best of luck to you, Merlin.

Hopefully, it’s nothing serious.

just remember, pain pills are your friend…
I have had many issues over the years including your type of issues…
turns out I was getting ulcers from the pain pills and so to prevent that,
I begin to take something like Prilosec when I took my pain pills and
problem solved…I had diverticulitis and had part of my colon removed
a couple of years ago… if you have diverticulitis, you will know it because
it is incredibly painful… pain that won’t stop and it makes you unfunctional
it hurts so bad… pain pills are your friend…

Kropotkin

Thanks, yeah I hope so also. Just turned thirty today.

Yeah, I’ll consider myself lucky if it’s an ulcer. Most of my pain is abdominal. My abdomen feels horrible after I eat.

To take precautions I only drink water now and stay away from everything else.

hopefully its not crohn’s

Yeah, that’s the problem with internal health problems like this, it could be a variety of things and many of them share the same symptoms.

Make sure you get your finances and insurance coverage squared away, first. Diagnostic services can be costly, especially if you’re paying out of pocket.

Ulcer is common too, but can be treated with antibiotics (and diet).

Yeah, I think that I heard something about an over the counter ulcer medication one can buy. I should of looked into that when I was at the local Walgreens today.

My biggest problem is that I’m in between health insurance policies currently. (Currently without)

Some medical providers will allow you to negotiate the cost of treatment if you’re paying out of pocket, or have low income. But you’re young, so it’s unlikely that you have something serious (there are exceptions, of course). Many GI problems (and ulcers) can be caused by bacterial infection, so while you’re waiting for insurance to kick in, you could try a broad spectrum antibiotic treatment course, like amoxicillin (you can buy these online w/o prescription).

Ulcers are quite common in homeless populations. You also gotta factor in he likely just experienced a radical diet change from hunting deer to chip infested salads.

But it is definitely his prostate they are gonna cut out.