Impressions of ILP People

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: Impressions of ILP People

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:43 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:I am sure Magnus will make an excellent husband for somebody one day. The only reason that I say it will not be
the Mongoose is because she is already spoken for. But I think he has strong moral character and so can see it in
others as well. And so he will therefore instinctively know who the right woman for him is when the time comes

monogamy is mental slavery meant to keep smart ones from breeding.
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
the Grandmother.

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:44 pm

-1- wrote:
Arcturus Descending wrote:
-1- wrote:Are all the males REALLY gay on this site, or they only appear to be so in this pictorial interpretation of them?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: For instance, who - and please give your reasoning.

Look at the pictures in this thread. The guys are all gays. I am repeating myself for your sake, baby, I don't know why you could not understand me the first time around, but here we go, a third time, so I preempt you: the pictures of males given as character descriptions show only gay males.

Im gay in the sense of modern lesbians calling themselves gay.

My diagnosis is a man who thinks everyone is gay has gaydar which is inverse. The gaydar is inverse because he himself refuses to accept his own gayitude.
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
the Grandmother.

Postby Arcturus Descending » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:43 pm

-1- wrote:
-1- wrote:Are all the males REALLY gay on this site, or they only appear to be so in this pictorial interpretation of them?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: For instance, who - and please give your reasoning.

Look at the pictures in this thread. The guys are all gays. I am repeating myself for your sake, baby, I don't know why you could not understand me the first time around, but here we go, a third time, so I preempt you: the pictures of males given as character descriptions show only gay males.

Don't call me baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know why you would assume that all of these men are gay unless you had or have evidence to that effect and I pretty much figure that you don't so why call them all gay?
It is true that some men who are married can still be gay but insofar as Ryan Gosling is concerned, I doubt it very much.

Halo effect?
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Arcturus Descending » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:57 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
I think number one is the poor mans Turd

We know that he is a he because he posted his photo

And carry on posting numero uno as you are very welcome here

lol There was a time when my avatar was a fierce roaring dragon.
Does that mean that this is actually who and what I am?

I'm not saying that 1-1 is not who is portrayed in his avatar but to say that "We know that he is a he because he posted his photo" means nothing...except naivete. He may or may not be a he and may or may not look like that image.
Proof pawns assumptions.
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Arcturus Descending » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:08 pm

Golden Turd - otherwise known as Steve to me... :evilfun:

the crow.jpg
the crow.jpg (9.46 KiB) Viewed 436 times

...not a silly impression but based on a crow's characteristics.

One or two more to come.
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby surreptitious57 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:08 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:
Mongoose is bitchy

I have never once seen her bitchy to anyone here

Not even to the Turd who she cannot stand at all
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher

Postby surreptitious57 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:06 am

Golden Turd otherwise known as Steve to me ...

... not a silly impression but based on a crows characteristics

Would not an owl represent him better because they are associated with wisdom

Or a golden eagle because that is the national symbol of America his country
surreptitious57
Philosopher

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:23 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
Golden Turd otherwise known as Steve to me ...

... not a silly impression but based on a crows characteristics

Would not an owl represent him better because they are associated with wisdom

Or a golden eagle because that is the national symbol of America his country

The United States.
I am not saying that Steve is not wise - in some respects he may be very wise.

But the crow also suits him. I remember reading a few of his posts to me and I thought of the crow. I also have an impression of the crow based on one or two of his peculiarities in here.

I think he has the essence of the crow within him. lol

I like crows.

Is it possible that you may be scratching your head at this time?
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby surreptitious57 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:35 pm

No for I understand that the crow has traits you think Turd has too
surreptitious57
Philosopher

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:48 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
No for I understand that the crow has traits you think Turd has too

...and others too. :evilfun:
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby surreptitious57 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:18 pm

Does that mean Turd has other animal traits or that others here have crow traits

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
surreptitious57
Philosopher

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:20 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
Does that mean Turd has other animal traits or that others here have crow traits

As for the former, very possibly and as for the latter very possibly. I don't see myself as having crow traits to a large degree.
I am somewhat like the wolf. :evilfun:
No, not that.
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby gib » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:38 am

Inspired by Erik's depiction of Trixie as Harley Quinn (which I think is extraordinarily fitting), I thought I'd have some fun and see how many Suicide Squad characters I could match up with ILP members. I got five so far:

Trixie:

Joker (obviously):

Turd:

Pandora:

Erik:

There's 5 other characters: Deadshot, Katana, Killer Croc, Slipknot, and Captain Boomerang (6 if you want to include Waller).

If anybody wants to help out here, be my guest. I'm thinking *maybe* Croc for Random Factor, but that would fit more how he wants to see himself rather than how we see him (I think Erik nailed it with Christian Bale in The Machinist). Can't think of any other pairing here.
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

“Everyone is always like ‘how do you feel about feminism? how do you feel about feminism?’ and it’s like maybe I don’t wanna fucking talk about feminism, maybe I just wanna be a female producer, because it’s like even being a female producer is so rare it drives people fucking crazy. It’s like my sheer existence is like a political act, I think, to a lot of people. It’s not to me.”

- Claire Boucher
gib
little shitheaded Buddha

Postby MagsJ » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:22 am

Then in that case.. you remind me of an acquaintance of mine... a Nordic male model with a penchant for classical music, but he looks more like the guy in your avatar.

Magnus Anderson wrote:I look 10 years younger, but Lucas Till is a bit too much.

I am a big guy. Lucas appears tiny in comparison.

I would use this guy as my avatar:

MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:21 pm

Trixie is more similar to the Joker character than Harley Quinn. Do you guys even watch cartoons? I have not once seen a fan-art of Trixie where she is depicted as Harley Quinn. She has been depicted as Joker or Bane, but not Harley Quinn.

When I go to sleep I dream of dreams where I am Trixie, and also where I am the Joker, but never Harley Quinn. By dream I don't mean daydream, I mean night dreams I have no control over. Thus it is my true spiritual form I have no control over.

That being said, I am not offended by being called Harley Quinn. Let's say it like this. If I woke up one morning and my soul was inside of harley quinns body, I would never want to leave. 9/10 would bang.

Speaking of villians, I HAD TO SIT AND BE SONICALLY ATTACKED BY A BUNCH OF GARBAGE MODERN MUSIC ON THE RADIO. this music is SO BAD it's driving me into a JOKER mood. I keep imagining I am bowser and ripping the radio to shreds after yelling at the patrons and insulting them at the top of my lungs.

Shit they put on the radio=Devolution of the species.
If Autsider went "God Bless America" on American Idol, as supreme emperor of Earth I wouldn't even press charges. I would actually say "thankyou"..."thankyou for saving my EARS."
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
the Grandmother.

Postby Arcturus Descending » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:46 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:

YES.

YES.

But I do believe that Steve may have more crow DNA (lol in a manner of speaking) then some others in here. :mrgreen:
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Arcturus Descending » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:53 pm

Be still, my heart - sans the mustache and beard...but perhaps just a bit.

What eyes! What a mouth! What hair! An almost perfect face. No, a perfect face.

I intuit that he is thinking about a great love which he lost.
If you look intently enough at his face, it might appear that he is about to shed some tears.

I wonder what he was really pondering at that time.
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat