I misplaced a damn temple

I’m trying to make a small movie on Iambilchus’ Dramatic on, and can’t find any reference to the island temple to Aphrodite mentioned in it, and modern maps of Qurna don’t even show a Island.

I’m guessing perhaps qurna IS the island.

I dunno, pain in the ass, nothing on the net.

I wonder how Turd would reconcile the "transcendent incommunicable ‘One’, with, say, the Christian God?

I’d appreciate someone asking him.

I think you have already posed that question to him Iam, when you uttered that someone should :wink:

Why don’t you just ask me directly?

Because, according to you, you’re not reading this.

You aren’t, are you? :wink:

Though, sure, if perchance you are, I’m asking you.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=192088

Think I’m reading you.

Wow, the only post of yours that I missed!

So, okay, answer the question.

Oh, and what do imagine Trump’s take on Iambilchus might be?
[size=50][you might need some help from Uccisore on this one][/size]

And my invite here is still open: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=189516

Well, first off, Christianity views creation of physicality as distinct from God, the existence of angels, of devils, or even locals such as The Garden of Eden. It is a creation Ex Nihilo. We differ from the Neo-Pythagorian account of a trinitarian existence as given by the pagan Numenius of Apamea, in which a central unmoved mover illuminates and moves a world soul (matter) into a mimicry of illuminated awareness, via depositional ecosystem ls, species. We don’t presume this at all. Some Christians, such as hardcore Christian orthodox (not all) incorporate the Platonic/Neo-Platonolic concept of the rarification of the soul via celestian gatehouses, but not the more western or better educated Greeks in the east, who know that was a later adaptation. Searle is right and wrong in questioning “where is the soul located in the mind”, we never described it as material based even in older mainstream patriarchal writings. It is something different from matter yet directly linked to God. I personally wouldn’t even use the term Nous, as it is of the Christianized Neo-Platonic school, and not authoratively Christian. It is a adopted terminology to explain a idea, not too different from embracing other concepts like Tao or Modern Physics to explain a idea.

There is a expectation that via intuition and reasoning in the new testament, one can arrive at a understanding of God, even in isolated ignorance. While we possess the onus of the original din, we also have access to the love of God, and have a ethics left to us in how to approach one another. Likewise, God describes himself as similar to us.

God isn’t described as Transcendental, this isn’t a Christian concept, it isn’t a aspect of our physics, hence why we never developed a system of yoga for liberation, we have meditative schools every bit as old and complex as Japanese meditive schools, but it isn’t founded on the same idea of Karma-Liberation. Simultaneously, as a default, we never expected science to either affirm nor refute our physics, we would be bewildered in fact if CERN discovered proof of God, as the universe was created by God but not God. It is a paradox a lot of people fail to grasp in the science vs religion debate.

More info, recommend:

If your gonna be ridding Christianty’s ass on this particular topic, I recommend Robert Petty’s translation of Numenius of Apamea. I believe Boethius includes a few fragments he missed, but otherwise this still remains our most professional and authorative translation.

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/18989105 … ref=plSrch

Note this Iamblichius I’m doing the Dramaticon on is a much earlier, Babylonian Greek and not the much later Neo-Platonic Philosopher. But if you insist on doing this, these two resources are quite authorative, Seraphim Rose for Christianity and Numenius for the Pagan concept your posing. My opinion on the matter is they don’t resolve, two very different religions, and furthermore, I’m not a theologian so don’t preach on such things, but you’ll have at least a more educated dialogue regarding things through these two resources.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akshak

Maybe it was Akshak?

Alright, I see a island.

Now I gotta do some confirmations.

Man…

Dating this story is turning insane, it’s all over the place with hidden references.

Turd wrote

The soul is God material. Who is “we?” Science is trying to make the brain be something it’s not. Our mind exists somewhat in the vicinity of the brain but that mind(of the soul) and the brain of the biological body are different organs, brain all human, soul all God, both working in tandem with different functions. Think of the Russian nesting dolls with a bigger exterior body hiding (so to speak) another smaller body nesting within, that’s a human bod and a soul bod simplified.

That’s great to know. Not proveable through classical Christian sources that the soul/heaven/eden is made of God Stuff even (just not physical matter of our universe), much less evidence of a Matryoshka Doll complex, unless you touch upon Christianized Neo-Platonist concepts that came later. It’s a assertion that can’t be made. I’ve seen a few systems from Christian Antiquity that contradict this if anything. You gotta wait for incredibly sloppy Cartesian Mind-Body dualists to assert this idea within Christianity later on.

I don’t dictate such things, as I’m not a theologian, just a Christian philosopher with a eye on history. It’s enough for me to note the divergent views on this matter, knowing contradictions aside, it really doesn’t matter as something or another is occurring, and shit will work out one way or another. The ecumenical councils doing guesswork on the nature of Christ went all over the place, caused a lot of needless strife, with little gain in the one area Jesus preached on the most, the exploration of ethics. The placement of soul or consciousness has little effect on logic, ethics, and self awareness as experienced, that’s the more important aspect we all rush to overlook, the health of the soul, not what it is made of.

Turd wrote

No one rushes to even acknowledge the soul (period). And I would beg to differ that belief in the soul’s existence very much affects all aspects of being human regarding the finite life and the eternal life. How can something that doesn’t exist in scientific terms be kept healthy?
What it is made of determines how it functions and to what degree it may continue to function.

Responsiveness of intuition, miracles, prophecy, impulse, etc. You’ve heard it all, falls under the broad categories of Omnipresence and Omnipotency. Hard to test that by blastic particles at a gold sheet, they can’t even decide is shit is a wave or a particle in the most controlled of experiments, and demand more money than any church got to find out.

Why can’t energy be an object? I’ve seen others write that everything is energy moving at varying speeds, yet they contradict themselves by changing their tune along the way of their explanation.

Because it doesn’t want to be objectivied.

Turd wrote

Energy doesn’t want to be objectified? It has to be one or the other? Why can’t it be both, motion and being? If motion and being are analogous, what did either of their takes do other than lead your reply to me in motion and being? Time only exists through being and being only exists through motion.

It doesn’t want to be limited in it’s options nor forced to conform, likes the options of swinging both ways.