Anyone have Zoot Allures Name, Prison Number, Prison?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: Anyone have Zoot Allures Name, Prison Number, Prison?

Postby derleydoo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:20 pm

Zoot Allures wrote:

that being said, when the criminal justice system betrays you, your social contract with the state is voided (see locke and hobbes). part of the civil contract is the obligation of government to behave itself. if it breaks the rules, you can break the rules. if you do not receive the rights, privileges, and luxuries of other citizens, you are no longer subject to society's laws, ipso facto exacto.

Can anyone pinpoint the books (chapters, sections) that deal with this subject?

Thanks
derleydoo

Postby Mitra-Sauwelios » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:39 pm

Zoot Allures wrote:
derleydoo wrote:Zoot Allures wrote:

that being said, when the criminal justice system betrays you, your social contract with the state is voided (see locke and hobbes). part of the civil contract is the obligation of government to behave itself. if it breaks the rules, you can break the rules. if you do not receive the rights, privileges, and luxuries of other citizens, you are no longer subject to society's laws, ipso facto exacto.

Can anyone pinpoint the books (chapters, sections) that deal with this subject?

Thanks

according to hobbes, society is a compromise people enter into in order to achieve a state of peace that is otherwise impossible for life in a state of nature. the compromise, or 'covenant', consists of an agreement among people to follow certain rules and conventions imposed by a government.

so far there are two disagreements between hobbes and locke here; locke denies that the natural state of man was necessarily 'solitary, nasty, brutish and short', and locke does not agree that the ruler has absolute authority, as hobbes claimed. but for both, government should not be tyrannical.

the one exception to the absolute rule of the monarch, according to hobbes, is that the citizen retains natural rights that aren't transferred by the covenant. in other words, since the subject has entered into the contract to protect and preserve his life, he can refuse to obey a sovereign when to do so would put him in danger. i was put into a kind of danger when i was wrongfully convicted of crimes i did not commit (long story).

locke claims the same thing, only civil disobedience would be against the elected, democratic government instead of the self imposed autocratic ruler.

in both models of government it is apparent that authority exists only insofar as it can function properly... and part of functioning properly involves competence and honesty of that government.

if, and when, a branch of government violates these terms, it forfeits its authority in principle. in my case, because of being charged and convicted of crimes i did not commit, the judicial branch of government has violated its terms, and as such becomes exempt. in other words, i have been emancipated from that civil contract as a result of this violation, and i no longer recognize the laws i am supposed to be bound to.

because of these wrongful convictions i no longer have many rights and privileges i once had... and since these rights and privileges were stripped from me unjustifiably, i respond by disregarding any punishments, penalties and restrictions i was once subject to. of course, i will follow laws sometimes only because breaking them might subject me to unwanted consequences, but not because i honor or respect such laws. if i can get around such laws and consequences i will not hesitate to do so.

in short, my entire contract with society has been cancelled (since 2007).

the crimes i mentioned above (breaking and entering into vehicles) is a kind of collateral damage that's a consequence of my having to survive without being able to do so legally (working)... as that would risk my being arrested again, as i explained. perhaps i should have been given a medal for what i did instead of punishment? i could have very easily commited armed robbery, but i chose a nonviolent means of making money because i felt bad for having to steal shit from people in the first place.

it is unfortunate that this had to be done, and if citizens of this society object to what i have done.. and they certainly do.. they can complain to their criminal justice branch of government, since it is to blame.

when government betrays a citizen, that citizen is in principle justified in being disobedient and no longer acknowledging the sovereignty of government. that there will be 'victims' of his crimes is incidental/circumstantial.

there are three options for the citizens, that would prevent my crimes against them:

1. force its government to expunge from my record the convictions i was not guilty of.
2. destroy me
3. join me

only these three options will prevent the citizens from becoming victims of my crimes.
Mitra-Sauwelios
religious philosopher

Postby derleydoo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:01 pm

Thank you for your very candid and informative response.

"i was put into a kind of danger when i was wrongfully convicted of crimes i did not commit (long story)."

I enjoy your writing - any time you wish to share your 'long story', I would be more than happy to 'listen'.

Thanks again for your help.
derleydoo

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat