a fairly intelligent audience

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

a fairly intelligent audience

Postby demoralized » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:17 am

Is this a fair assumption of mine?

I post here and tend to be in fairly deep thought most of the time here. (Sometimes not as much - I must confess with age/practice I am beginning to wear 'depth of thought' with increased ease)

I like to assume that most people at ILP are fairly intelligent. Formal education or not, well versed in philosophy or not.. seems like most people here can have a well articulated post, and/or insinuatingly suggestive posts. Even the "out there" posts are good in my mind. Maybe I need to start seeing the bad in you guys :P

Anyway I consider myself fairly intelligent; I consider the posts I read and the responses to my posts fairly intelligent. Perhaps the medium of communication assists with this in some way

No point to this topic really

Just voicing an opinion I suppose
demoralized
Thinker

Re: a fairly intelligent audience

Postby The Golden Turd » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:45 am

Can you point me to a few examples of intelligent posts?
Support "The Angels of East Africa" on smile.Amazon.com it is free to do, they donate 0.05% of your purchase cost to them, or give donations directly via:

http://www.machinegunpreacher.org

Recently hidden post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192227&p=2649513#p2649513
The Golden Turd
Fucking Unflushable

Postby MagsJ » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:18 pm

incorrect wrote:I post here and tend to be in fairly deep thought most of the time here. (Sometimes not as much - I must confess with age/practice I am beginning to wear 'depth of thought' with increased ease)

I have noticed this change in you and your contributory style...

I like to assume that most people at ILP are fairly intelligent. Formal education or not, well versed in philosophy or not.. seems like most people here can have a well articulated post, and/or insinuatingly suggestive posts. Even the "out there" posts are good in my mind. Maybe I need to start seeing the bad in you guys :P
I totally agree with this... the out there posts allow for more imaginative and creative responses, rather than the path most trod replies.. as a creative type I'm glad for this corner that threads have taken, but hopefully not too much on the formal boards.
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby demoralized » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:57 am

Turd Ferguson wrote:Can you point me to a few examples of intelligent posts?

Yes.

Here's one: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=177676&p=2643056
Here's another: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=172682&p=2161382
demoralized
Thinker

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat