Are katana swords a good Christmas present for a 4 year old?

I’m there nking about getting my nephew, he is like, I’m not certain, 4 or 5, hasn’t started kindergarten yet, a bunch of wooden katana swords for him and his friends to beat the shit out of each other with.

I was thinking maybe a Playboy, but they don’t have nudes anymore, so it isn’t appropriate for a young child to look at anymore.

His laser shooting pair of remote control helicopters didn’t last long, and he is too young for explosives. Is he the wrong age?

Are you angry at your sibling??

Yes, she abandoned my nephew for heroine, I’m quite angry with her, and I’m the very little bit of family other than his grandfather left in his life. As a Uncle, I’m supposed to give him crazy shit like this, it is part of what being a uncle is all about. I’m just not sure of the ages.

I decided not to give him the unsharpened practice sword for I do, given he can’t read, so wouldn’t know what to do with it except shatter the bones of his friends.
Instead, I saw a prop sword a woman said she gave to a five year old.

I’m also throeing in a generic crusader helmet, but without the padding and chainmail (yes, they do sell that) so he doesn’t run around all the time wearing it. Besides, I have no idea how to size his little melon to this helmet.

I just hope this keeps him from turning into a gay.

Then what you should do if you live near him is get him and you each sword and helmet. Spend time with him and be that man every boy needs to look up to. That is the best gift of all, time spent. You can always pad his helmet if it is too big. The company you buy from probably will ha an idea of size for him.

I’m not certain he is ready to be taught yet, I have fencing lessons, and studied some western martial arts texts, a few books on various eastern schools, and have a couple of Amazon video series on sword use, as well as a extensive background on ethical works on martial arts (started reading many of them after reading Kishido).

I dont think a chikd of that age can go thriugh the rigors,it is mire of a youthful pack mentality of boys fighting boys street by street. It is ehat I did on Beale Airforce Base as a kid his age- we all had streets that ended in circles in a big field that lead to marshes, ponds,thickets, and airforce phydical training courses… We would all go out randomly, street vs street and attack the shit out of each other. I was the first to discover that if you put ricks in sandwich bags and throw them, they are far more effective than the fake clicking noise toy machine guns made.

In my neighborhood, after I got out, I taught all the kids how to pie corners and move in bounding overwatch when havinf squirt gun wars, but they were first to third graders. At my nephews age,it is jyst about looking cool and inflicting damage in primal groups, the way Jesus intended.

I say give him a BB pistol, no more than 480 fps, at most it will take out an eye, not a fatal velocity, if it ricochets on him it will teach him gun safety, possibly saving his life in the future. Airsoft gun won’t really puncture the skin, won’t make enough of an impact for him to sober up and learn the ways of using a safety, has to be a bb gun, has the possibility to hit the bone but be less than lethal, will cause enough wound to get him to sober up and appreciate the improtance of safety precautions in the future.

I’m giving him a M16 paintball gun next Christmas. Hopefully I will make enough money next year that I can throw in a nice night vision monocal, get a kids helmet, mount it, some snowshoes, and teach him how to do some cold weather patrols. I don’t want him entering into first grade without this knowledge base.

Badass man. Alex Jones would be proud.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBEcLxnXVAc[/youtube]

Turd, I did not mean give him formal strict lessons. I meant play with him , teach him rudiment behavior, give him attention. By sharing swords and helmets , it helps bonding.

I’ve barely watched that guy, not Alt-Right like you are shouting lingo around like Cuck-cervatives, etc.

I just know those who were trained to fight since youth did much, much better in the army than those who didn’t. Special Forces doesn’t target guys with Hollywood physiques, but rather backwoods hillbillies. I’m wanting him in the best possible position in case a draft ever happens, so he stays alive, and keeps those around him alive too, not for some bulkshit macho Nietzschean power gambit. It is a skill set my community once excelled in, it is now dying off. George Washington used to select his top ranger scouts from here, his top one, Samuel Brady, came from my town. His brother conquered Detroit. We maintained a high level of excellence for centuries, and it was the backbone of our republic. A citizen soldier makes for a loyal politician. I want a higher degree of this to return. Still kinda exists- but not as much. We have one of the only two Special Forces National Guard units in my state, but it is in the opposite far end of the state. If you learn to use a gun, you gotta learn how to use it in a variety of environments, a large pool of strategems to pull on, a comprehension of politics, and wisdom on knowing when not to use force, which is 99.99999999% of the time.

Good lord Turd, read what I wrote, you can play train easy then work up to discipline and most important you will bond and Turd that will make him the best. Bonds like that makes the child try harder, be better and gives them strength.

My play is always aimed at excellence. And he is even more anti-social than me. He hasn’t spoken to me since he was in diapers, I show up, give him his presents (usually a tablet, likes to break them) or when walking by I stop by and say hello. He says nothing. Not my place to force him to like me, I’m just a uncle, not his father. If he mistrusts my family, then he is wise. I don’t trust them either, that’s a good instinct he has.

Do you really want me wacking a four year old upside the head with a wooden bokken teaching him Zen Concepts of Swordsmanship like it is the last samurai? Wait a year or two till he can mentally process it.

When I was 5 I got a daisy model 8 in .22lr. Little single shot, youth sized rifle. I still have it. Get him one of those.

Not till I think he can handle basic troop movement procedures through the woods. If I just hive him a gun, he will shoot at the neighbors, he lives in a ratty suburban area, think outskirts if Pittsburgh.

Why would you whack him in the head at the start?? Dude the boy is waiting. Just a guess but, from you describe it sounds like you need to break through a barrier that you both have. You as the adult need to begin. Give you and him time and start slow but, do it. It sounds like you both need each other. You two need family bonding. My stepmom took time with me, it was a rough road but, now we are truly family.

I would suggest anything that can hold his interest long enough to stimulate his mental processes, and anything that won’t be hazardous to him or anyone in the vicinity… no-one fancies the idea of losing an eye or being blinded by paintball paint… no-one!

I’ve tried to break through, he isn’t interested. Fine.

And taking a solid couple sacks to the head is essential to teaching good swordsmanship, I’m not teaching him to wack at the other sword, but people. When you see sword fights on TV, they do it wrong if they go back and forth for ten minutes- you seek the decisive blow from the start. He needs the pain association to grasp that everything in the universe is out to destroy him, that he either has to wack me first, or at least stop me from hitting him. Teaching him anything less is deceptive and shameful, and against ethics.

Just get him a rifle and go from there. Troop movements through the woods? Don’t try and fancify sneaking around in the woods. You military guys love to slap some jargon on some common sense shit and call it training. Give me a break.

No, it is also river crossings, ambushes, camouflage, using winter and summer gear, surrounding houses and selectively killing off people, setting up defensive and offensive positions, how to rest and sleep and build emergency shelters, it is a lot more than the basic battle drills. Child soldiers don’t really do very good till at least 6-7 years old. What good is a child in elementary school if he doesn’t know how to disembowel people? We need to keep pace with both the academics innchina and the child soldiers in Africa. I taught him last year how to do basic vedic arithmetic before he stopped talking, so he already has a head start. Just keep those two spheres balanced.

Four years old dressing up as a ninja with a katana? Sure, why not? :wink:

Make sure you tell him not to poke his eye out or anybody else’s.