Anyone with Taxidermy Experience Working On Skunks?

I have access to a dead skunk and a dead porcupine, I need a Porcuskunk melded out of the features.

I’m willing to mail the two carcasses to you, name your price, and I need absolute confidentiality, it is likely to make the news as a hoax, and can’t have someone claiming responsibility. Will deliver via USPS, can arrive in a few days. Hoping the weather is cool enough that they don’t smell.

Thanks in advance.

There’s a world famous Taxidermists in my part of town, but I’m sure you can find somewhere closer to home… in any case I would suggest that you email them for a recommendation near you, as they supply to the Film and TV industries globally.

I would think that the category you are looking for would be Miscellaneous…? :open_mouth: thegetstuffed.co.uk/galleries/miscellaneous/

The only local one only does people.

Is that legal? or even ethical? who the fuck does that? Google Search coming right up on that one!

Wherever you decide to transport your carcasses to, I’m sure you know that you will need to transport them in a refrigeration box… preferably pumped full of some sort of preservative gas.

…or, you Google on how to do it yourself. I know a few people that have… starting with small animals first.

google.co.uk/search?q=home+ … eAwPqQ_0:0

No, it’s almost December, I’m sure it is cold enough to transport a dead skunk through the regular mail service without it smelling. I’m taking the precautions of putting them both in a pasting bag tied tightly, so so long as the porcupine doesn’t puncture the bag, it all should be good.

That taxidermist in England sounds interesting. I wonder if my package would pass UK Customs. How long are imports usually delayed by your customs officials? Any restrictions tradewise on the number of skunk carcass the UK can import? I don’t know the specifics of our trade pact, and can’t wait for Trump to renegotiate.

Do I look at EU Laws? I’m so confused with Brexit.

I would consult with Get Stuffed on the points of transportation and packaging, as they would need to keep up to date/know those protocols, or they would lose business quick.

Btw… I order a monthly organic meat box which is delivered on ice… and that still just about gets to me somewhat fresh, but again… a taxidermist will be able to advise you on the best transportation method.

I dare not ask why you desire a porcuskunk/skunkupine.

I can’t understand British accents, can you call up UK Customs and ask them for me? I think the ice will melt, and don’t want their fur getting wet, can damage it. Better if just cool, or slightly warm.

Try to record the phone call and post it here so I have proof I understood the advice of customs before mailing.

Thanks in advance.

I suggested you email the Taxidermist, not call up Customs & Excise… they will have the means and/or knowledge to bypass the red tape and on how to transport the carcasses… it’s their field of expertise.

I will call them on your behalf in the first instance, and transcribe the conversation in text fyi.

Where are you shipping from?

How many items are you shipping?

What is the weight and size of each item you wish to ship?

What is the desired output?

Hope you have a good knowledge of chemistry otherwise it will get messy.

Use dry ice.

Can’t now, turns out they were just hibernating. That’s one room I’m not stepping into for a while.

Anyone know what skunks and porcupines eat?

Was just about to send Get Stuffed an email, as no-one could get to the phone right now…

Hold on a few weeks, I’m just not gonna feed them. I’ll be needing that phone call… Or you can call in advance, say they will be dead soon. Would it be better if they arrive live through customs?

They happened into your vicinity, you thought they were dead but they aren’t, but you still want them spliced joined and stuffed? Why? and who is supposed to kill them at the other end?

gov.uk/bringing-food-animal … er-animals

I can’t click that last link.

I’m sure taxidermists have sufficient tools to kill them, if not, customs might do it. It is a question to ask customs, I’m willing to pay extra for that service. Putba extra $20 in the box for them. I’m sure this has come up before in the past.

Are you… sure?

Are you sure you’re not trying to get me arrested?

Customs transports things not kills them, and I am uncertain if it is in the job description of a taxidermist to do so… there have been instances of old dears requesting that when they die they want their cat or dog or Parrott or whatever to be euthanised and either buried along with them or stuffed, but I’m not sure who’s remit the euthanising falls under.

Our Government website can’t be accessed outside of the U.K.? who knew… you perhaps :laughing:

Well four months quarantine for importing live animals outside the EU is long, but I guess that wouldn’t apply to dead ones.

Try one of these companies… I’m sure some of them would do animals… especially the Penn School of Taxidermy.

google.co.uk/search?q=taxid … ent=safari

I like the British work ethic and quality of craftsmanship, nothing is better built than products of the British Empire. So you won me over, I’m gonna need your help with customs.

If I send them by plane in cat carriers, can you Puck them up at the airport? I will send two leashes so you can walk them through public transportation.

In your haste to jest, you forgot about the four months quarantine issue.

Is that why your country makes all those people sleep in camps around Calais?