blew out my knee yesterday

So there I am putting groceries into the car, a Costco run, and my
knee just felt like someone just stabbed it with a knife…
I could barely stand, little less walk, got home, made an Dr.
appointment and find out today, tore my Meniscus, and I am off
of work for two weeks…work was not happy…
the end result of all this is… I will be around a bit more as I really
can’t go anywhere…physical therapy begins next week…
the only other good thing… got me some happy drugs for the pain…
it is the least I can get from all this dam inconvenience…

Kropotkin

Sounds terrible. Except for the not going to work and taking painkillers part.

Sorry to read that Peter.

This parking lot is way more hazardous than Costco, the new, damn Ego-friendly cars are driven by many without licenses.

K: as we were driving home from the Doctors, my wife commented on how I was way, way
way too happy about the whole thing… If I could have danced, I would have, but
it would have hurt too much.

Kropotkin

Take lots of fish oil, I have the same issue, but it was severely aggravated over the years with repeat surgeries and no cartlidge.

Fish oil helps regrow it. If you got chunks of bone, they will have to scope it. It will scar your tissue inside, if it gets bad enough, they can cut into it, causing it to bleed, but that hardens for a few years as a shield, but only a few, or a experimental method of mesh netting with cartledge regrown in a dish (one of the few human tissues easy to regrow outside the human body).

Recommend staying off it, if you hear and feel clicking noises not to ignore it, and know icy surfaces will cause it to periodically blow out, in a twisting motion. You live south of San Francisco, so avoid hills during winter, they can ice over. Buy shoes with excellent traction, walk slower, and keep an eye to where you step.

If left to heal, you can recover fast, if you don’t, you can severely fuck yourself in the long run. Lots and lots of fish oil.

…End Bring Nice To Kropotkin Mode…

At work I’m on my feet constantly eight hours a day. Sometimes I get a shooting pain through my feet and knees. I find a diet rich in potassium helps keep away such pain which is why I eat everyday things like bananas. Potassium is your friend. :wink:

Can you describe that shooting pain a bit more in depth? I doubt that is caused be a lack of potassium.

It happens.

Don’t get sucked into the painkillers. Seriously.
It’s not an entirely conscious thing. Your brain can actually start feeling pain that’s not there to get you to take the opiates. Just take as directed and don’t be a fucking idiot. Heal quick as possible and put this shit behind you.

I’m not saying I’m Mr. Bigshot or anything but I’m fairly sure I would been a lot farther along in my writing career if I hadn’t gotten sucked into opiates for a small legitimate pain episode that turned into an 8 year dependency. I’m as smart as it gets and it slipped by me, even with my Google intellect and grit and nobody and nothing outsmarts me mentality. Nobody except me, that is. Anyway, feel better. Don’t enjoy it too much. If you like TV and painkillers better than your actual job it’s time to take a look at your life.

Your knee will be fine. Omega 3s and therapy. Then stay hydrated and work out more. Know your limits.

Sorry about the injury pain sucks but, enjoy the unexpected vacation and the med supplies :slight_smile: