Men with moustaches are more attractive. Fact.

"The moustache evolved from a roughly cut block of hair in prehistoric times into the genuine work of art it is today.

Theoretically possible since flint razors were first fashioned around 30,000 B.C, it’s unknown who first sported upper-lip topiary. What is known is that the oldest portrait of a shaved man with a moustache is an ancient Iranian horseman from 300 BC.

Over the course of history, men with facial hair have been credited with attributes including wisdom, sexual virility, masculinity, and technical proficiency in all things.

Equally, the moustache has fallen on less illustrious times, a result of being sported by some notorious dictators.

images-12.jpeg

The moustache has proven its resilience. Just when it seemed that it would be hung in the dusty mop cupboard of history, a cultural revolution swung the pendulum back, ushering in a new day for moustaches.

images-5.jpeg

Albert Einstein had a moustache for over 50 years.

Salvador Dalí published a book dedicated solely to his moustache.

Men with moustaches are more attractive. Fact.

If you listen, facial hair says a lot: Where someone’s going, where they’ve been, what they ate".

:mrgreen:

=D> Q-ta.

Would some people be more successful, if they (also) had moustaches?

Hmm … :-k

[tab][/tab]
Maybe …

Or maybe not …

You have to be at least 28yrs. old to sport an age appropriate facial topiary. A '70’s Tom Selleck moustache does not fly in the face of youth.

Facts galore! :mrgreen:

Perfection in age. ( :-$ Don’t tell Joker!)

Arm…stop with the editing! :evilfun:

I haven’t shaved in two weeks, or had a haircut in a, month, and it looks horrible. My head doubled in size. I’m sitting on the toilet, yeah.

I’m better off just moving into a cave with bearskins and a wooden club.

I agree. I’m seeing a number of young guys around (mostly in their 20s) jumping on the lumbersexual trend. I know it’s none of my business, but in my humble opinion, having a gnarly beard on a baby face doesn’t really make one any more masculine, you just get a baby-face-with-a-gnarly-beard look. It’s not proportionate/balanced and not really complimentary. It’s like being over pumped for your size. I think this style is best sported by 40+ men. But if it’s a trend, it’s a trend, and I get it, it’s about trying to reclaim a young man’s sense of masculinity through fashion (and it’s a step away from metrosexual).

Also, I think bald is the masculine thing now too (perhaps representing masculinity through unpretentiousness and general indifference for appearances). Think Jason Statham.

Oh look, it’s a turd on a toilet dropping a turd…

Too late, I’ve seen this post now.

There’s only one goatee for me Mr. J. :evilfun: :romance-heartsthree:

I never feel more masculine or metrosexual or lumber sexual contract vis whatever…

I can only pull off a very short beard (3-5 days growth) and hair cut under three weeks, and I’m feeling like I’m in a state of “not a freak” but I’m very uncomfortable walking around like this, cause I get those long awkward growths at either corner of my jaw, and they just stick out, and my hair starts acting crazy, and my literal hair color according to someone I used to work with at Vidal Sassoon is “Dirty Blonde”… no matter how much I wash it, it looks fuvking dirty.

And if I see some guy walk around with a clearly manicured beard, I don’t do the wave back. I’m not a part of the beard club. Just no. If you fancied it up, I know your a faggot. How is that a step away from Metrosexuality towards masculinity. It is worst. Far worst. I’ve never once looked at a man’s beard and said “I respect you for your masculinity”. You either got a beard or you don’t, and further details indicate if you give a damn, are a rabbi or a priest, or a hobo. I don’t like these fucking shitheads running around in $300 flannel designer shits and pants with a analflap button in the back for quick access while in the office. I’m not ducking impressed with that, but know some internal dialogue is going on in women’s mind where they look at such idiots thinking "That guy is so fashionable and hip, I wanna fuck him, but is he a gay? ".

Ladies, if he is living in Indianapolis and cut his beard like he is a Ottoman Vizier, then he is a cocksnuggler. He isn’t gonna go down on you, that’s all designed to entangle and stimulate with some other guys hairy balls as he slurps down, setting a breath holding record. Real guys really don’t care. Honestly, it isn’t a play that we care, we just don’t fucking care. We keep it till it is too much, then it goes away. Can I be seen in public with this shit, or just too much?

Time is relative. :wink:

Right. Usually, the men who wore beards simply didn’t have time or means to shave. It wasn’t a fashion statement.

It depends on where. Right now, I think you’ve got a lumberjack proper/Zizek thing going on there. Once it starts going into “I’m a homeless guy” or “I just had a mental breakdown” area, I’d do something about it. Unless you can rock it, and if you can, then more power to you! :smiley:

I think men do it to show it to other men, as well, and not in a gay way; and men do envy other men for not being able to grow one, or at least, they are very conscious of it.

Hmm…I don’t think very many people can pull off this look. I’ve seen too many guys who just end up giving off creepy/sleazy vibe with it for me. Maybe it’s just me. Plus, isn’t a goatee sort of a high maintenance style? Don’t you have to constantly sculpt it and make sure it stays proportional?

I was always shaved when I was homeless, so cops would leave me alone.

I gotta cut this fucking thing off now given the zizek reference.

What? The Marxist isn’t your hero?

If so, how come when I scroll Brokeback Mountain comments, girls say that Jake is cuter without his mustache.

Jake was too young then to pull it off. Facts are facts. He does look oh so fine now with the stubble to the fuller beard. Damn! :evilfun:

You should sit down tonight with a spaghetti dinner and watch Brokeback Mountain with Joker. You two need some quality time together, enjoy a romantic movie with him.

Oh Turdaloons,

We did last night…Friday The 13th IV. :evilfun:

Beards reduce the range of facial expression, therefore, they are bad.

The same reason I never wear sunglasses.

It’s cheating. Whatever covers face is cheating.

Does this mean that arab women with the head coverings are cheating?