Haitians Going Whiteface

m.youtube.com/watch?v=KmRE4I_KxiI

Should the US bomb Palm Beach, Florida in response?

They’re speaking my language babae… literally… French patois… understood every word… almost.

I would like to visit that establishment… hence I would vote to not bomb Palm Beach in response to that advertorial for that establishment… a bit more heated than where I’m from… but I can handle it.

Your not making a good case for why it shouldn’t have a Daisy Cutter dropped on it.

That was my case :confused:

What the hell are pricklies? you’re from that part of the world TF… what the hell are they?

My favourite part: “They’re feeding us, aand they’re giving us sex tips”
:laughing:

No, they speak your language, and are very much from YOUR part of the world, in the Caribbean. I’m from California, ask me about Mexicans running through neighborhoods from cops, I have fond childhood memories of that.

And I know people in Haiti don’t eat those dishes, they eat dirt cookies.

I thought you lived in Florida for a while? or maybe not… I’ve never met a Haitian before, but that restaurant is in Florida, so I thought you might be in a better position regarding their culture than I. They don’t have much in common with any of the other islands, and certainly don’t have a sister island like the rest of us have.

Dirt cookies? don’t keep telling me things and expect me to know what they are? :confused:

Google says the poor there have resorted to eating dirt, mmmmm, sounds delicious :neutral_face: What about all that produce that naturally grows everywhere on the islands? or maybe it doesn’t on their’s…

Yeah, they are bullshitting you with those dishes. Lots of videos on YouTube on what they really eat. I’m reading up on it in advanced so I can figure out what to call the shit, so they don’t hand me a dirt cookie for $5 bucks.

If they were better-looking I doubt they’d be in that predicament… people are shallower than we think is even possible, to the extent that they would let their own die through it. Disgraceful!

If Palm Beach should be bombed because of that video then wherever this was filmed should also be bombed because of this:

and this:

I’m open on bombing pantomimes the world over.

And Hatians look very similar to Americans, it is very easy for Non-Americans to forget we have a substantial West African population, they blend in just fine, and other black countries that have better investment aren’t any better or worst.

Not speaking French certainly helps many of those countries, or having something people actually want for trade helps, or stable laws and inoffensive judges help.

Haiti is just a really fucked up place. I’ve looked over the arguments for or against over the years, including claims of US or French obstruction, high debts, etc… Lots of countries have experienced similar shit, and they never get as bad as Haiti.

And the argument that Haiti only gets a minority of the water The Dominican Republic gets isn’t a good excuse either, several civilizations have adapted to no water, it gets plenty if you plan and invest in agriculture and specialized forestry. Some species of trees from Australia and Brazil regrow 10-15 years. They could of terraced the he’ll out of their country with Wells to choke off the rain, introduce drought resistant crops, focus heavily on cash crops for income and professional fisheries plowing the deep seas. They could form overseas security contractor companies to make cash. A lot of shit they can do, with shitty, shitty land.

$5000 buys a fucking brick machine. They only got 8 million people. When you are essentially a homeless country, starving, nobody, not even the strictly capitalist minded, will say don’t collectivise your most miniscule of resources, like building one story brick walled (don’t fucking brick roof it Haiti) and floored huts.

They are just absurd fucking people, most African countries don’t do this shit, so I can’t point to race, it us just they are retarded, like the British Slave Traders rejected all the non-retard slaves, and France came along and bought them half price cause they are just that fucking stupid sort of retarded. They simply put have got to be the dumbest fucking nation, it defies all reason.

A shit poor, oppressed society can still become orderly. I get the Clinton Foundation and other conglamorates really fucked the earthquake relief up, I’ve seen that joke of a rotten Olympic Soccer Field… but for crying out loud, if you didn’t die off from starvation by now, even without trees, you could of been making bricks. Sumerians made bricks, very ancient civilization. Nobody has a fucking monopoly on this technology, we “evil foreigners” can’t keep you from ordering your illegal camps into a ordered fashion, setting up shop, everyone erecting one house at a time. We can’t stop you from establishing free schools, downloading and printing agricultural manuals in mass explaining it in rural areas.

No trees, smuggle grass in, herd goats. Have goats mingle between growing trees, store your water in Brick Wells…

If the international investors saw you we’re less antagonistic to the charity aid you get, try to arrest people, put severe emphasis on stable property, wage, and contract laws, people would invest more in you simply due to proximity to the west coast US market. Haiti has so many advantages, and they just fuck it up. Cuba was intentionally fucked with for generations by the US with a embargo, and they still came out better. It is a Third World country too, but Haiti is way worst, it is 4th world.

There looks ain’t got shit to do with it. Our streets are lined with people who look just like them. They aren’t unattractive, just they ate stupid as fuck, and you can’t blame race cause other African countries don’t do stupid shit like this even the worst have their act together better. They are a unique, screwy situation.

How are they going to get out of this pickle then? all those destroyed homes, but no building skills…

Apparently Usain Bolt and Shakira have donated £10m and £15m, respectively, but there are claims of that being just a fake news story, but I’m sure donations are rolling in and with those donations will come volunteers to help rebuild the island… volunteers with the skills they lack.

How about you use your Caribbean group in the UK to direct fund 100% donations for the island? Even if just £100 is collected, that’s more than someone otherwise would get.

Any Carib restaurants you can get willing to do a relief dinner for, everyone paying for a overpriced dish, the difference goes to relief? Your the community activist, you know the elites, that’s your natural job. Don’t expect others to organize this, that is your natural duty Ms Politics.

I thought we weren’t going to talk about this anymore? my political affiliations.

News update:

Let’s hope this effort will see Haitians learning skills and a self-sufficient lifestyle, then perhaps they can stop eating dirt cookies and start eating foods that they have caught and picked instead. Perhaps these particular waste-man Haitians are on impoverished barren land, but still…

I would sooner eat a worm cookie or a bug cookie than a dirt one.

And these cookies are mass produced by, well, I’m not calling them bakers, but women who specialize in mass production, and assholes sell them the dirt $5 a bag.

You can like, grow Algae in containers. Water + Sun + Stink = Slimy Carbohydrates.

And no, I’m talking about little miss politics and her shortcomings for years and years to come as a good little gadfly. I specialize in the philosophy of statecraft, and you admitted your stepping foot into my realm.

You need to be setting up a fundraising drive/ getting awareness out in regards to the hurricane. I’m very serious, if you set up a London Carib network, in one of the wealthiest cities in the world, and you sit around saying “hmmm, somebody should do something about that” and contemplate running for office, then your deeply unqualified. You need to light a fire under your ass and start networking your circles for relief back to your home islands. You can piggyback on a fundraising drive already in progress, stsrt your own, etc. Your a political ex patriot, your former communuty depends on people exactly like you in your new community to spearhead help. Who is better qualified than you?

You do this, people on both sides of the atlantic will have reason to applaud you, and best of all, I wouldn’t complain anymore about thus particular. It costs so little of your effort.

Serious they really are eating dirt? I saw that on facebook, I figured it was just a wierd plea for money. I would grow algae and eat bugs first and is not it an island??? Well hell they have access to proteins, plant and water. Why are not the people using the one greatest asset that anyone can have , the ocean. They just need folks to teach to harvest , fish and distill salt water.

They do use the ocean, fishing. Just, in fairness, you can’t build a boat from scratch using algae and bettle and dirt. Well, maybe you can, but your not coming back to port.

They sell a lot if fish in their markets from the video I’ve seen, but you know the capital to raise a boat is high, and you gotta know what your doing to maintain it, have a place to launch it, etc. Only a minority of the population is going to be fishermen for that reason, despite the high coastline to land ratio the country has.

This doesnt mean they can’t build fish farms though, both for internal consumption and hard cash export. In Iraq, fish farms were built right into the ground next to my base, we used them as part of our defence. I’ve seen above ground lily patty farms (why, why would you do that?) constructed using bricks.

There are even breeds of fish that only eat algae. Others only eat bugs, like mosquito larvae. I saw this myself in Hawaii, both left in tanks, all you gotta do is add water.

For Water Desalinisation, the cheapest method is concrete pools that take in ocean water, then evaporate it, water is bounced back from plastic or glass. I don’t believe they have a water shortage, but if they want to do that, and have sea salt (and more) as a surplus, they can do that.

You do not need a proper boat, look at all the scraps of buildings. Humans made rafts long before boats, or fish from shore. Cooperation in a group could easily feed the group. Why not educate the people rather than make them dependent on donations?

Haitian judges are brutally Austrian Economic oriented at times, they have stopped food aid on thus very basis.

And I have looked at their rubble, in Iraq, the rubble is identicle. Same for every third world shithole. I wouldn’t build a boat out of that. I’m not expecting anyone to go out to sea on a highly recycled raft put together by hobos. You send them out on that, they aren’t coming back. You would have little kids on the shores weeks later crying, scanning the horizon for daddy. Boats require building standards, as well as maintance and skill in use, including piloting and awareness of local hazards, weather patterns. Property needs to be protected to dicks aren’t vandalized or raided, ships stolen, stripped or sunk.

It certainly is a recommended direction to take, as a island people with few obvious resources. They will need to invest in fast growth forestry, so they have the wood to maintain ships and build new ones. This requires forest rangers and lumber jacks who can harvest the trees selectively, for maximum repkinishable yield, and not all at once. Woods have to be protected from people illegally logging it. Game can be introduced, and non-indigenous yet highly edible fauna… in many places, it’s barren. I’ve read they are regroeing somewhat, but if your starting from scratch, I recommend every plant introduced into the “ecosystem” be something humans can exploit, eat. Our forests in north America are mostly inedible plantwise. If we ever turned them into lifeless wastelands, I would want the recovery to be wild tomatoes and potatoes, grape vibes and apples. I want a crop famine to result in people just going into the woods to find food, and comming out fat as pigs from easy survival.

Only some plants will grow in Haiti, but they should be the most edible of those that are resilient. I don’t have a particular love or desire for preserving prickly, thorny useless plants in the name of the goddess Maia and new earthed environmentalism, honestly, fuck that. Throw some beany plants in those woods. The best weeds are those that offer edible fruits.

Just how far out do you think they have to go to catch fish?? Two decent beams and a stabilizer would work for a team of 2

No, Ocean doesn’t play by those rules. I have lived on waters on three coasts, Alaska, California, Hawaii, and the water isn’t always Kayak weather.

In San Diego, you can go out and come back on a ocean going kayak with a few hundred pounds of tuna in a day. But that isn’t every day, and they have favorable fisheries off the coast.

Haiti, honestly, unless you can make something as sturdy as a kayak or canoe, I don’t recommend going out. There isn’t that much fish a few hundred meters out that is replenishable, the distance you can swim back when the joints of that ship you’ve describe rip apart from ghetto duct tape or miscellaneous cheap rope fastening.

I’ve occasionally have seen in Hawaii these sorts if ships made by Hawaiians, and it is far less evidence of their ship making prowness than questionable teenage intrepidy to see if they can pull off a one way trip between islands on the mist suspect craft you can imagine.

Haitians are not Polynesians. You can’t just toss them some driftwood and expect them to develop a advance fishing trade, even subsistence level fishing requires a high level of organization and forsight. It is something they have to a degree, but you don’t grab random failed farmers and congradulate them on becoming fishermen, move them without shelter or training to the coast without training and point at crumbling buildings and say “this is your ship”. Do they even know how to swim? If you send them out, and their “ship” wobbles and tips over in two meters of water 15 feel out, will they just drown?

A lot of Americans would fail at that. Big difference between steam fishing and ocean fishing. I’m not saying pursue it, but there is a much higher level of oeconomia one must first put into place. They need to be trained, they can’t just destroy the coral and wipe out every fishers. Their equivalent of the Department of Fish and Game (suspect their version doesn’t exist) needs to know what waters to protect from fishers so fish stock isn’t exterminated or depleted to absurdly low levels.

They likewise have no coast guard, cause they have no military. Bad storm warnings on radio, you can get from Dominican Republic next door, but not all ships can make it back in, for whatever reason.

I do encourage strong emphasis on fishing, just, it isn’t something I recommend just thrusting on a whim on. These are people who live as refugees in their own damn country, can’t build a wall worth a damn, competent ships are beyond those cases. A few steps need to be covered well prior to learning how to become a shipwright, like… making houses using right angles out of bricks.

You master building with brick and wood as a common skill, we can talk about building and launching sea worthy small craft, then larger ships with crews for much farther out, catching lobsters and large tuna.

You do that, you can build canneries for export.

I’ve done a inconclusive search, barnacles are sometimes used as food, but not usually, it appears less because they are indigestable and more because they are complicated to eat, being Shelly in ratio to low food.

I know diddly squat about the growth rates if Carribean barnacles, but I would sooner eat a barnacle than a dirt cookie, and it is something that appears to require a very low skilset. I know alot about methods to treat wooden ships to keep them from destroying them in the 16th to 19th centuries. I suspect if you can just anchor down some scrapwood, such ad the roots of a dead tree, you can get a protein source in return. Doesn’t involve deep sea, you can do it relatively close to shore, might not even need any sort of ship. Just a ocean farm field of sorts.

One bad storm, and it is gone.