What's for dinner?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby promethean75 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:53 am

promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:54 am

promethean75 wrote:the reuben is the brainchild of a jewish lithuanian grocer and his fellow poker players - known as 'the comittee' - in the state of nebraska. the unique but strange idea for the sandwich is quite apropos, since we are given to ask of a lithuanian jew grocer poker player; 'wtf are you doing in nebraska, anyway?' perhaps it is true that novel circumstances give birth to novel ideas. one must wonder what kind of sandwich would be conceived by a protestant nebraskan wheat farmer should he have residence in iceland and take up the sport of curling. i can only speculate.

I once knew a Lithuanian girl. Track scholarship. 80s hipster style. Denim jackets and vinyl pants type chick. At least 10 years younger than me. Good times.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby promethean75 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:50 pm

So when I go to these upper class restaurants I always stare dumfoundedly at the menu because I don't know what half the shit is on it. I usually end up defaulting to what has never failed me and is always reliable; the burger. They call this one a Hawaiian burger. Not entirely sure what it is, but I know what Hawaii is and I know what a burger is, thus I am confident it'll be somehow familiar.

https://imgur.com/a/FtN9Ayd
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Exuberant Teleportation » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:59 am

I ate a Chinese dish called Beef with Garlic Sauce.
RaptorWizard ~ The Gale Force Tyranny Cosmos viewtopic.php?f=10&t=195061
Secret Garden viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194124
Buddha Unleashed viewtopic.php?f=25&t=195208
Nihilus Harnesses Yoda Wisdom viewtopic.php?f=5&t=195214
Kazaam viewtopic.php?f=5&t=195203
I'm Lugia Prototype XD001 in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness (Ultimate Weapon, Final Annihilator), the Star Forge Lugia firing AeroBlasts, surging with SuperHolographic Propylon antechamber Polarities, and the SuperUnknown mysteries of the Ruins of Alph in Pokemon Crystal. Wartortle wisdom with age turns Me from fool Meganium, to wise Lugia. Banette ghost doll makes Me Red with Pikachu, Sabrina. Saddle shaped cosmos grows 4ever Infin Champion with Red (Raptors (Red/Eagun) + Warriors (Gold/Infin). Existence is entirely Imaginary, and will never stop expanding and improving!
Exuberant Teleportation
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:59 pm

Tucking into.. I guess what can only be called a goulash, of carrot and pumpkin and courgette and chicken, and seasoned with garlic and paprika and a mild sliced green chilli. I have to say.. it was very good.

A green tea for afters. :P
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Meno_ » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:06 pm

Sounds delish.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:23 pm

Mine?
I'm afraid whatever I can find in the fridge, after what remains my son in law didn't throw out.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:35 pm

I read your initial post.. why change it? it was fine.. :D

Yeah, it was very fitting.. fitting for my tastebuds. :P

..used to cook it for the fam when a teen, but served it with tagliatelle and creme fraiche.. back when I weren’t intolerant to such foods. Dad.. who was a trained chef (as well as other things) approved it.. as well as everyone else, so I always made enough for seconds all round.

I do hope that you can find something decent enough left, to muster a decent dinner..? Hope everyone’s getting on? Here, everyone’s still remaining in line so I can get on with being me.

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:30 pm

Not worms, that’s for sure :-& the cat is repaying me in kind for feeding him on-demand lately, and endearingly brought a worm for my consumption, as a thank you.

Thanks but no thanks, Hunter.. a cute gesture, but worms make me squirm.

I’m actually having a yet-to-cook generic-Asian green curry. I’ve taken to eating dinner at night.. perhaps it’s a thing i.e. a reasoning behind it. Google! :confusion-questionmarks:

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:21 pm

A whole sea bass, with baked mooli and baked pumpkin.. all Organic and nearly ready, and simply seasoned with E.V. olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh lemon.

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:19 pm

No appetite.. well no appetite to bother to cook, so a huge cup of black Clipper tea and a large orange will have to suffice.

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:31 pm

MagsJ wrote:No appetite.. well no appetite to bother to cook, so a huge cup of black Clipper tea and a large orange will have to suffice.

..added a carrot and a medium hot chilli to the bowl of orange segments.. because.. why not.

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:57 pm

Drinking some Organic Sauvignon Blanc and dining on a bag of Kettle’s crisps, whilst waiting for a roasted pheasant and turmeric-and-garlic spiced pumpkin mash dinner to manifest.. well, until it’s finished cooking, that is.

Considering the meagre dinner had yesterday, I perhaps should have ate the worm the cat so thoughtfully brought to the door again.. but again I declined his kind gesture.. wonder why. :|

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:01 am

Currently been rotating between pheasant and chicken casseroles, and plenty of paleo-friendly vegetables/squashes and salads, and actually feeling all-the-more energised for it.

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:15 pm

Roasted pheasant, with roast pumpkin, squash, and courgette.. ready in 45.. a few Bacardis with citrus wedges and water, whilst I wait.

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat