Tramadol

is a perfect example of how the system is flawed.

Doctors say it doesn’t have dependency issues or major withdrawal symptoms. Not true. In 2014 it was changed over to schedule 4. Doctors still know nothing about it. I say to them: maybe check the research every 5 yrs, lazy ass. It has SSRI-like action and effects dopamine and norepinephrine. Going off cold turkey is like going off Effexor and codeine cold turkey, at the same time. Which is bad if you’ve been taking it for chronic pain for seven years. But they don’t know this, because the rep’s research didn’t share this. So they walk around parroting and reciting the first batch of info they got a decade ago.

And because of DEA restrictions pharmacists and doctors who are making decisions now based on lawsuit odds and insurance not medicine, are careless and callous about making it difficult to get your tramadol. So you have to jump thru hoops and explain to them about chemistry and such. It’s sad.

I know b/c SWIM was telling me about it. The tramadol withdrawal effects are…just imagine every muscle cell in your body vomiting these nauseous dry heave vomits all night, like each cell vomiting separately, unless you flex like the hulk every 37 seconds all night. And that’s just the beginning.

The even worse part is that it’s not even as good at relieving pain as 5-10mg of hydrocodone.

I’ve never really cared for this over-medicated society myself. How can medicine perfect nature exactly?

It’s the counter of nature.

Give everyone shitty lives and stick them in boxes, medication is the only thing giving them the energy and motivation to work as slaves.

Yes, the pharmaceutical counter of nature.

Some times the meds dont always work though.

One time they forced me on Haldol and it was the worse I have ever felt, felt like I was in hell my muscles were locking up and suffocating on my own fluids.
When I got off it, I was mentally scarred for years and could not find joy in any activities because it altered my psychology, just wished I was dead but I was afraid to die because Haldol told me I would go to hell. When I was on Haldol, it made me religious, but when I was off it made me stop being religious. So this wasn’t even a religious view, I was an atheist at the time, I thought scientifically that I would go to the equivalent of hell.

Im fine now though, Im a lot happier and have overcome the Haldol.

I think if someone’s never been on Haldol, they are not a super philosopher, because I have exceeded the limits of ordinary human consciousness.

I agree that drug withdrawal is educational and so is having altered states from psychotropic therapy where your body reacts poorly, and you get the stretched out equivalent of a sad existential acid trip.

In soul pain, the symptom/cause dichotomy is similar to existence/essence. So one might feel that fighting the symptom with a drug is as good a fight as any. But problem is, its not. Fighting the cause, not the symptom, is a better fight. More interesting, more entertaining, and more upside.

Like Joker I don’t believe mental illness actually exists, Like Joker I am super sane.

To be more clear though, I believe a few mental illnesses actually exist, such as panic-attack proness.

I don’t believe hallucinations are really a mental illness because anyone can get them simply by not sleeping all night.
Narcissism, BPD, Bipolar, Paranoia, DID, psychotic behavoir, psychopathy, are not mental illnesses, just normal human conditions.

When billions of people go around following a self-referential book that says Death to the Infidels, and are considered normal and not mentally ill, you begin to question the whole validity of the idea of mental illness.

I like that we use imperfect words like illness, right, wrong. Doing so binds the majority together for a shared experience. Illness, while flawed as a word, tilts toward the opposite of well being. Again, not always. But we generally agree on the extremes of illness and health. Same goes for mental illness. Those qualities you mentioned are human but it’s also human to drink water. If you drink too much water you die. The illness isn’t in the reptilian brain. It’s in the lack of counterbalance in the cerebral cortex and other areas that most of us have that allow us to empathize and cooperate.

It is said that at three month mark you are at the highest risk of relapse. And boom, just like magic, I am feeling depleted, like all the novelty And strength and rush and love of adventure I’ve marshaled to get me thus far has decided to say, “ok, that was fun for 3 months, but the novelty has worn off, you are in fact not Rocky Balboa, you get no trophy for simply being clean. what else ya got for me?” Guess we will see. May SWIM go from strength to strength.

I guess this is where a new kind of work begins