What's for breakfast?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: What's for breakfast?

Postby Arcturus Descending » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:24 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:People of dominantly weak traits should not smoke, watch tv, eat anything synthetic or breathe exhaust gasses at all.
People with dominantly strong traits can handle all that (except tv), and quite a bit more.

In any civilization that is over its peak there are more weak than strong traits.
In every rising civilization, the population chainsmokes and drinks hard liquor.

Why?
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby UrGod » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:05 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:People of dominantly weak traits should not smoke, watch tv, eat anything synthetic or breathe exhaust gasses at all.
People with dominantly strong traits can handle all that (except tv), and quite a bit more.

In any civilization that is over its peak there are more weak than strong traits.
In every rising civilization, the population chainsmokes and drinks hard liquor.

Yep.
I am your master.
UrGod
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:30 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:

Why?

Because life isn't fair.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides

see it now?

Thunderbolt steers all things.
- Heraclitus
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby UrGod » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:05 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
Arcturus Descending wrote:

Why?

Because life isn't fair.

Because they can.
I am your master.
UrGod
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:47 pm

Clipper's Organic unbleached teabags tea (with Organic non-GM soya milk) and Free Range scrambled eggs.
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:59 pm

Thin cut, baked pork chops and Honeynut Cheerios in milk. Need protein for my stretch at the gym.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:58 pm

A bowl of Honeynut Cheerios and vanilla hazelnut coffee.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:26 pm

A banana and black silk coffee.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:37 pm

WendyDarling wrote:A banana and black silk coffee.

Black silk coffee? sounds fancy :)
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:49 pm

Smooth as silk, full-bodied, regular coffee made by Folgers...yum!
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Pandora » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:49 pm

I used to like using folgers singles, especially when traveling, but it's getting harder and harder to find these days as everyone seems to be into Keurig craze. I did come across this one the other day at the supermarket. Giving it a try right now (although I'm usually not a fan of Maxwells House)

Pandora
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:02 pm

How does it gain 1.75 more caffeine? Do they spray on some chemical compound?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Pandora » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:52 am

I really don't know, Wendy. They probably just market based on caffeine level.

...I wonder if they just raised pH level of Folger's dark roast to make it taste "smooth as silk"
Pandora
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:02 am

Try the black silk Pandabear and let me know. Once you go black you won't ever Maxwell back. :evilfun:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:23 pm

WendyDarling wrote:A banana and black silk coffee.

Again.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Helena_Birk12 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:14 pm

a glass of water and a cup of coffee
Helena_Birk12

Postby Keleuthis » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:56 am

A pack of cigarettes and 4 cups of coffee.

An an airhead.
Keleuthis

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:38 am

Two bananas and vanilla hazelnut coffee.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:16 pm

Another banana and vanilla hazelnut coffee.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Keleuthis » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:31 am

Tuna sandwich, potato salad, chips.
Keleuthis

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:07 pm

Rice pudding and hazelnut creme coffee.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:22 pm

A banana, green grapes, and black silk coffee.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:36 am

A nectarine.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Arcturus Descending » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:13 pm

They say that we are to eat like a King for breakfast

Like a Prince for lunch

and like a pauper for dinner.
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Arcturus Descending » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:20 pm

Not my breakfast - his painting. It doesn't really look too delectable, does it?

Breakfast.jpg
Breakfast.jpg (27.66 KiB) Viewed 211 times

Any conversation about the oil paintings of Netherlands-based artist Tjalf Sparnaay usually begin with a question: “Wait, that’s a painting?” Working in the hyperrealism genre, Sparnaay’s work is so richly detailed that it has helped spawn a subgenre known as “megarealism.” And it’s easy to see why with Gebakken Ei, an image so evocative that one can practically smell and taste the dish. Though he works in a manner similar to the early Dutch masters, Sparnaay’s focus on food is one way in which he creates a universality with his subject matter. This may be his best known image of a baked egg, but it’s an object he has returned to several times—and even wrote a poem about it: "The sun shining behind the clouds smiles at us every morning with its fried fringe like a coastline with beaches" —Jennifer M. Wood, writer

http://firstwefeast.com/drink/2015/04/i ... paintings/

I wonder why there has become such an obsession with food. lol
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat