Bye

Ive been trying to enrich this place, to develop my thoughts and some art here. The responses are often enough interesting but more often they reflect a deep anger directed at me that I do not understand. I have a clique of haters here now, very loyal ones that come into every thread I make or visit. I make it no secret that their contributions are nauseatimg in both their shameless obsessiveness and psychologocal stupidity.

For a while now this has been conditioning my attitude. Ive grown apprehensive and present my posts with some traces of dismay.

This is not good, obviously.
I will try to stay away, at least until the trolls here have left, the forum sanitized of envy bit.

I dont imagine there is another reason for the trolling.

I just ignore the trolls and post for my own benefit. I really don’t care
if anyone reads me or answers me. Post for your own benefit and the trolls
don’t matter.

Kropotkin

Hate matters little if you realize that it is an unconscious need for gaining it’s opposite. Stay!

Indeed, you would think that this is just common sense.

But I suspect some pack up and go not because of the trolls, but because of those who are not trolls who are not willing to embrace whatever particular “philosophy of life” the poster subscribes to.

They want others to “get them” and become flustered not only by those that don’t, but by those who refuse to come to their rescue when others begin to attack them instead.

But: How much confidence can you really have in your own ideas when that’s all it takes to rattle them?

Me, I never expect my own ideas to be anything other than a particular existential contraption that [here and now] appeal to me.

At least not pertaining to that which seems to obsess Jacob: the relationship between values and ontology.

iamb is about right. Jakob, you bleed your broken mind in nearly every response I’ve seen. Claiming you can seduce any woman you want, vying for magic and astrology, seeking adulation as opposed to constructive criticism. Drama, dirtiness, directionless. For fucks sake, this is a philosophy forum, not some psychologist hanging on to you during your cries for help and comfort.

Jakob

I think you are one of the more intelligent posters here or anywhere, and will be sad to see you go. I know it gets like that sometimes, and there is an inherent thing about forums which drives many people away. Rise above it!

Unlikr everyone encouraging you to stay, I will encourage you to leave, and not because I hate you, but because I think leaving this sick place – which is what it truly is – is good for health. I will be leaving it soon too.

So confidence requires spending your time trying to convince people?

Maybe confidence means that you don’t waste your time fruitlessly.

I respect and like every response in this thread. If I can at least evoke this sort of honesty in people, that’s reason enough to hang around.
This isnt to say the reasons to leave arent stronger - but thanks.

You don’t respect the people who didn’t step into your thread because you haven’t really connected in other threads? Maybe you want to rethink your position about the posters here?

Yes, maybe.

It’s suddenly apparent that a lot of people aren’t as venomously inclined to me as the ones that most directly address me.
The thing with positions is that I have my hands full with handling the fact that I may have one in my hand that could shift the balance of things I consider important.
I have a tool and I am kind of reluctant to use it. The fun of searching for answers has been spoiled to a degree by finding a great one unexpectedly; it is true that the path is the goal, I am at the goal and there is no path and nothing to do with the goal, except use it for very practical means. I am doing this here in Montreal, applying what I have to as practical an aim as I can manage. I am not at all very practical. But this works, to a good extent it produces results that I can believe in as pointing the way to the actual resolution of this practical world problem that I like to address.
Basically people want to value more than they are allowed to.

Religion is a workaround to that problem, it sublimates the urge to value. “God” I see as primarily a product of peoples excessive will to value, to appreciate. It’s not out of fear that he was created, I think, but out of admiration. This is how the great scientists that I admire most saw god; as the excellent nature of the machinery of the universe. I want, if anything, for my philosophical finding to contribute to mans capacity to value, to live in a realm of intense ‘right-ness’, that is, health, self-appreciation by the appreciation of the self as inclusive of its environment; I found the logic of this practical altruism to lie in the heart of the will to power doctrine. Self-valuing is a deceptive term as what it refers to is adapting to ones environment so as for it to produce the results one requires.

Why I have this term is because of a deeper riddle. I can’t go on and on spoiling the riddles that overjoyed my path for so long. I get why people dont want any of what I really have to tell; my questioning is, as with all people, the most interesting.
Except I suppose for an entertainer, who can just amuse by saying facts. I guess for a moment there I thought this might be my path.
But it isn’t

Epiphanies can have that double edged sword to be sure…

My point however, was that the people you call trolls aren’t trolling in your thread.

You may want to rethink your evaluation of more difficult personalities …

In over 20 years, I’ve never used an ignore function on message boards … I’m proud of it!

We’ll see what comes to pass…

I certainly have responded to many of your threads, but a couple. The first time I responded to you in the Jakob incarnation, you were an ass in response for no reason. This last time you barfed on someone as far as I can tell just to go through some I am superior ritual. I haven’t read a lot of your posts in this incarnation of you, but from the little sample I have read your Oh, why do people shit on me, I am stomping off OP here comes off as clueless.

I won’t miss Jakob, FC on the other hand was just fine.

Same person. Jakob existed before FC, by the way. FC came to be out of a decision to get a bit selective, ‘rude and superior’ to people who werent up to the task of the challenging logic that VO is.
FC and VO are, in a sense, one.

Right before the first reincarnation:
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi … 0#p2230135

Anyway, Moreno, you are arrogant as fuck, as most so called reasonable people are, you just dont realize it. It is this ignorance of ones own arrogance that gets me a bit pissy and superior. I am definitely superior to a person who thinks he is being modest while doing nothing but judge from some reference frame he doesn’t see the need to put to the test.

If Ive done anything right it’s taking on other peoples perspectives. But that was also what I really did ‘wrong’ - it is dangerous as hell, as perspectives come into being to support the entity, that is to say, viewpoints are there, normally, to serve the perspective. You are very far from transcending that natural condition, as far as Ive gathered from your responses;

It is easily as offensive if someone is aloof and dismissive from a refusal to experience, as when someone is aggressive and superior because of an experience.

Then your point is misguided.
They have been swarming in my threads since 2014 at least.

And there are some real people as well.
I invariably like Ierrelus and Orbies contributions.

Who are you talking about, man?
I hope I never gave you the impression of disliking you.

20 years on fora? Thats impressive. Where were you before ILP?

Exactly.

Don’t let them get to you Jakob, this place is good for posting your ideas, regardless of others disagreements, ad homs or trolling. It is like a data base for brilliant ideas, a journal in a sense.

I took a break from here a while ago myself.

I come from a school where letting bad things get to you is a means to power, I have kind of a difficult constitution like that. But of course you and Krop are right,
Remarkable. I am glad I decided to leave, it’s like breakup love, brings clarity.

So now I drive off into the sunset.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4[/youtube]

But the point is there is an ocean there. Am I really going to get a boat and sail off into the evening, in a desperate attempt to keep up with the sun?

If I had a billion I would get a plane that flies precisely the speed of the sun and is refueled in the air (maybe Id need more than a billion). The walls would as far as possible be transparent, front and back, because it also has to work with sunrises.
You have to stay ahead of a sunrise, while you chase a sunset.

Me and my, at times, annoying logic…

I’ve never disliked you Jakob, and you’ve never hounded me at all… So no, I had no such impression!

You simply stated that you were leaving because if trolls, and you liked everyone who responded HERE thus far…

And from this I noticed… Well, that means the trolls aren’t trolling in this thread!!

Maybe they aren’t trolls after all!!

Logic… What can I say!

The old days used to be usenet and IRC, then I joined many message boards that banned me!!

I might be the most banned person on this board actually !

Lots of experience Jakob !