Playing with Your Food - Texas Fried Oatmeal

One of those meals you eat when the doctor tells you to avoid spicy foods is one of my favorite breakfast meals. The following recipe makes one standard serving, as specified below. It is an extreme protein meal for people with a healthy liver. “Healthy food” is relative.

Despite the old notion that cooking has something to do with sterilizing foods, as the French learned long ago, the real purpose of cooking is simply to keep the cook occupied, a far, far more important issue than the gray race is allowed to believe. If done right, this one should keep the cook occupied from 30 minutes to an hour, depending on how precise and responsible one is inclined to be, a little longer for women (don’t ask).

• 1/4 cup oatmeal - large grain preferred, but Scottish will do.
• Cayenne, black pepper, garlic, sage, beef broth (or bouillon cube), seasoning salt (potassium), taco seasoning
• 2 tablespoons glutton protein
• 1 tablespoon whey protein
• 3 tablespoons quinoa

• all mixed with a little water to soak into a thin past while the potatoes are boiling

• 2 cups potatoes - finely diced, shredded, or thin sliced (can be left out if not too hungry).
• 1/4 cup “3-n-1 oil” - 1 part coconut, 2 parts canola (“rapeseed”), 3 parts olive oil
• 2 strips of bacon - preferably pork, but turkey if inclined.
• 1 cup diced leek or onion
• 2 tablespoons of butter
Fry the bacon in the oil and butter as the potatoes boil, don’t discard the little bit of bacon grease. Brown onions in the oil. Remove the well fried bacon and dice while the potatoes are being toasted in the same oil. Brown the potatoes with the oatmeal, or don’t bother.

• 1/4 lb. lean ground beef
• 1/4 lb. lean chicken/turkey
• 1/4 lb. lean pork

• all diced into the potatoes and toasted with the bacon.

• 4-8 eggs - with or without the cholesterol, depending.
Added to the meat and potatoes after meat is well browned. Fry until the eggs are also browned. Turn off heat before continuing.

• 1 cup chopped sweet or baby kale and spinach
• 1 cup diced or shredded cheese (pick your favorite flavor)
• 1/4 cup of cracked flaxseed (or whole flaxseed boiled with the potatoes).

• all mixed in while pan is cooling

Served with grapefruit juice. Serves one:

Ya’ll come … breakfast is served. :sunglasses:

And now, a random slaughterhouse video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPGIMCmpfxU[/youtube]

“But omggzz…why u rain on my parade…UGHH i hate vegetarian peoplss STOP derailing my threads with videozzz”

Well, I don’t see any problem with truth. I am just posting a video. Are you saying the video is fake? Whats problem do you have with truth?

It’s a “Man’s meal” … not something you’d fully understand.

And note that there was no sausage (especially not Hormel … the worst health possible), although it all tastes like sausage and eggs. It is closer to a quiche.

I just pulled a random video. I don’t stalk you at the supermarket to see what brand.

When I was young, I used to be a fat meat eater, so I can appreciate what a “meal” is thankyou. I was fat dumb and young, and that’s no excuse. I deserve to die.

Well, I am skinny, old, and dumb … so what does that tell you.

Are you serious?

Fucking disgusting.

Good lord James, that is way too much work for breakfast. Oh heck, that is way too much work for any meal for me, I can qualify as a lazy cook. :slight_smile:
Slaughter house vids have been around since I was a kid Trixie, they have no affect on me. I also am a devout omnivore. Tomorrow I will go and snap off the head of a rooster, skin him, gut him and then make a delicious soup.

If THAT is merely a Texan breakfast, what do they have for dinner? … :-k

Whiskey, beer and beef

What does such a meal as that look like visually James? Does it look appetising? and does the taste stimulate one’s appetite?

Coming next…

Being all fried in the same pan, it looks like scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage (a “skillet breakfast”). And it largely tastes like it too - very protein and you don’t even notice the extra vitamin and mineral content. You’d be hard pressed to find a man who could resist it after tasting it, especially the next day (sometimes it takes a while to register).

Another of my favorite meals for any time of day or night:

Synchroning Chef Salad

This recipe serves not only the primary purpose in cook very well, but also provides other useful functions. For those who whine about being vegetarian, this salad allows for people to adjust their tastes in foods in a harmonious way (the ONLY way to go).

By having a great variety of foods in a recipe, the recipe can be gradually and subtly altered so as to massage old taste habits into preferred new habits. By sequencing through a pattern of changes, one can gradually go from a heavy meat preference to a strong vegetable preference. The pattern is the same as used to persuade anything to shift its hardened position. It is currently being used to massage the religions and races into the preferred future race. It is a RM:AO:Inductance and Impedance Matching topic.

For one standard serving, as specified in the OP:
• 1/2 head of lettuce
• 2 cups chopped fresh sweet kale
• 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
• 2 Romano tomatoes
• 1 medium sweet yellow onion (or leek)
• 2 sticks of celery
• 3 large carrots
• 1/2 large cucumber
• 1/2 red bell pepper
• 1/4 cup chopped avocado
• 2 chopped or sliced boiled eggs
• 1/3 cup feta cheese
• 1/4 cup raisins
• 1 tablespoon crushed cayenne
• 2 tablespoons crushed flax seed
• 2 tablespoons wheatgerm
• 1/4 dehydrated banana bits (or other dehydrated fruits)

All of those chopped together as the base salad. And of course many other favorite veggies can be added in the preferred portion.

Meat choice (to be altered and mixed as needed)
• 1/2 cup crisp browned lean ground beef
• 1/2 cup chopped lean browned chicken/turkey
• 1/2 cup finely diced lean ham
• 1/8 cup bacon bits
• 1/2 cup smoked salmon
• 1/2 cup tuna
• 1/3 cup diced American cheddar cheese

Nut choice (to be altered and mixed as needed)
1/4 cup crushed:
• almonds
• walnuts
• pecans
• brazil
• ceder
• quinoa
• sesame seeds

And then the thing that makes all the difference … the dressing. Just about any sauce or sauce blend can be used. It’s best to make your own, of course but it all depends on your needs, preferences, and tolerances. I have used everything from:
• mild BBQ sauce
• oil and vinegar (olive oil exclusively)
• lemon mustard
• garlic butter
• oil and wine
• “clown sauce” (ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise)
• salsa (spicy)
• taco sauce
• mild spaghetti sauce
• apple sauce, oil, and vinegar (my favorite)
• lemon pepper
• mild pickle relish and sriracha sauce
• orange sauce
• …
So the first thing to do is to find what dressing flavors you prefer for whatever reason. The meat choice should match the dressing (much as with wines), but choose your dressing first. And don’t be afraid to experiment with unusual spice combinations (I usually even sprinkle a little niacin into the mix). Fruity things are for the lighter meats or no meats. Bitters are for heavier meats or proteins. There is a whole art to blending sauces just right (nuther topic). Think of it like a spreadsheet with all the ingredients listed down one column and the percentages of their use making up the other columns headed by your daily choices - a little more of this today … a little less of that tomorrow… You should be able to distinguish 10 to 15 different meals merely made by altering the percentages.

The whole thing should take at least an hour to make (not to mention all the time to keep the fresh ingredients on hand), else you aren’t doing something right. Take pride in the time you have enjoyed in making a meal (put it in your MIJOT diary). The great thing is that variations can range from a simple dinner salad for munching habits to hearty meals that stick to your ribs longer than you might think.

If you are trying to alter either your own or someone else’s tastes, you don’t just jump to what you decided is the perfect thing. You gradually but somewhat chaotically increase the preferred ingredients and decrease the less preferred ingredients (“slowly boil the frog" - "massaginate”).

… best served with a suited mild wine. :sunglasses:

Why do you add Niacin (Vit. B3)? Does it have any taste at all? Usually there’s enough of it in the other ingredients e.g. in the meat or the nuts.

Everything that you consume is a medicine. Only animals and children eat only for the sensation. B3 is primarily a periphery blood flow concern (one of the highest issues in the USA). Who actually likes the flavor of flax seed? Not many. It isn’t there for the flavor.

There is no such thing as a “healthy meal” except for a fantasized average person of a particular age, gender, race, and national location who consumes only particular other items at a specific average rate while getting a specified amount of exercise and shelter from his environment. Some people sense what they eat, most people pay too little attention. It would be wise to take the time to know your food, water, and air … well … unless you are the panicky, anxious type.

So how much is enough of … whatever? For you it is certainly different than for me. Good children attend to what they “should do”. Good adults attend to what needs doing. And what needs doing tends to be a lot different than what one “should do”. What should you eat? Depends … who’s child are you? What needs doing? Depends … what is your real situation?

Meal’s serve a purpose. The end goal of which is MIJOT.

I merely asked you for the taste of Niacin because you mentioned it in connection with spices.

Personally, I like to keep my diet very simple. Not many ingredients, not many spices and balanced, trying to minimize the things I don’t know. I found that this is best for me and my health. I agree with you that cooking should take time, but unfortunately that is not always possible, and before I eat fast food, I rather don’t eat at all. Your recipes, especially the oatmeal, are very rich and I was surprised that one likes to eat that already for breakfast.

What is MIJOT? Maybe you can give me a link, if it’s too much to explain.

The taste to the tongue is a bit like a very mild salt and opposite to potassium (if that registers :slight_smile:)

Most certainly minimize the things that you don’t know. And the fewer spices the better when trying to keep your body clean. But when trying to make adjustments in the world, there is something called the “Spell of Changing” (perhaps you have heard of it from films or books). The spell of changing requires complexity and a degree of obfuscation. Through the obfuscation of changing tastes, harmonious adjustments can be made to preferred tastes. Old habitual preferences can be gradually adjusted without offending in incumbent (conservatives can be made into liberals and vsvrsa).

Sounds good to me.

Well, I call it “dense”, “extreme protein” (especially if you leave out the potatoes). It isn’t rich in the sense of having the typical greasy fats. And the spicing is always up to the situation. If you are dealing with heart issues, herbs like thyme, turmeric, ginger, paprika, cinnamon, garlic and cayenne are good to have in the meals. Oils from flax seed and olives are essential for blood health. When dealing with health issues, simple is the best place to start, but you can’t always stay there … seldom. The modern world, being of a demanding of change world, doesn’t like to let things stay simple. Changes are made in the midst of the confusion, unobserved. Keeping things simple keeps things obvious - harder to blame-shift. It is a very nasty thing to do to unsuspecting populations, but is quite fitting within one’s own domain - one’s own body.

There times to keep it clean and simple and times to get down and dirty. Switching back and forth is the best way to live. You sleep then wake, work then rest, eat then fast… The body, in fact even the universe itself, wasn’t made to be a constant, mundane existence. Flowers must seed.

Remember the title to this thread: Playing … … with Your Food… :wink:

Sorry, MIJOT is one of my own terms. I speak of it often on this site:
Maximum Integral of Joy Over Time

It is the calculation of the amount of joy acquired over a life time - a measure of your harmony, anentropy, and the purpose of your life. A MIJOT diary is merely a daily diary of how much joy experienced through that day (to be add up over the years to obtain the maximum obtainable for someone like oneself in ones particular situation).

Should one use tomato past in the pot roast sauce?
Hmm…

I would use chopped tomatoes in any kind of stew, as I find that the stew becomes infused with the taste of tangy tomato paste, which spoils the individualness of each flavour making up the whole… for me and my tastebuds anyway, but some might like that :confusion-shrug:

Hmm…
Well, I just found that Martha Stewart recommends tomato past (2 tbpns) :astonished:

But I can see what you mean. Tomato paste is pretty pervasive.

I have an acquaintance without a Christmas dinner lined up. So I thought I’d take a little time to put together a pot roast (never made one before).

Do tell if you added the paste over tomatoes… or not, but I’d still say not - paste should be relegated to pasta sauces and pizzas :stuck_out_tongue:

3 lb roast,
4 medium potatoes,
4 large carrots
1 large onion
3 garlic cloves
1 cup red wine (Lambrusco)
2 cup beef broth
8 tbsps 3n1 oil and butter
4 tbsps cracked flax seed
2 tbsps tomato sauce (didn’t have any tomatoes on hand)
black pepper, sea salt, bay leaf, thyme, rosemary, oregano

Going to also whip up some gravy, garlic butter asparagus, kale salad (apple sauce dressing), red wine to go with it.

… and butter flake rolls :sunglasses: