The Philosophers

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0YpY6_zSD4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIKlo5IcHpo[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMqn5jfNxNU[/youtube]

The story so far…

3 pricks walk onto a philosophy Forum

Correction three arrogant clueless pricks walk onto to Philosophy Forum.

(And I’m not sure about calling the a “philosophy” Forum).

If you think this is arrogant, you haven’t ever opened your eyes.
I’m glad to do it for you.

Anyway, we’ll count you out. No harm done, to put it euphemistically.

“arrogant, moi?”, says jakob…

What exactly are you hoping to achieve here?

PS. Is your avatar Simon Pegg or is this a coincidence?

Theres a reason I put this in off topic.

I said this in one of my videos, that I am most apprehensive to have to wade through the shit we’ll encounter from everywhere. That is much of what political labor is, shoveling shit. So be it. Only some Philosphers, the most optimistic an philanthropic ones would ever think of such a crazy level of exposure as video. Of these I am the only one who would still enter ILP as innocently as this.

Hic sunt dracones!

To be perfectly frank it is clear that between our own group and the ILP of members such as Lev Mushkin, who should have been banned from the very moment he started trolling, which is all he has ever done - or ? there is only the sound of nails on chalkboard. It will get uglier much uglier. But I’m Dutch, I’m used to dredging the sludge and making shit work.

sendvid.com/5wg5an7l

sendvid.com/9z9uk8ag

That’s what I’m talking about.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMLimZPbHrY[/youtube]

Zoot, I’d like to answer the question you ask in the first video, about what could be the point of taking forum philosophy to the video medium, but I think you already answered it by your second video.

Video can not replace written philosophy, nothing like that is the aim. What it can do is make it clear to people who have never heard of philosophy as being something human, that it is practiced by very human people - that there is life behind it.

It is well known that members of our group consider themselves agents of colossal changes, and that this causes mostly fear and shame in lesser beings. Not that these lesser beings are immediately deterred, but they will have it more difficult when it becomes evident to everyone what cowards they are.

Perhaps the main point of the videos is to show that we are not about to hide from anyone, that we’re not shamed of what we are, because, let’s face it, we have nothing to be ashamed of. This separates us from trolls, and this is functional even in a largely written environment.

The internet age is underway, philosophy will be its main anchor or director, because there is nothing else man-made that has ever been able to control any mass movements apart from philosophy.

We have distinct philosophical notions, but all of us agree that it is the respect for the phenomenon itself that is central to any valid philosophical view. Someone who does not take philosophy seriously can never amount to anything in the intellectual paradigm, he must become a footballer or a butcher or a tradesman, stay away from intellectual professions.

But the intellectual class has been framed in ways very different from what it is actually like these days. This is another reason that such videos are good; we simply need to show young people of intelligence and ambition that Academia is no longer where philosophy is moving forward.

Key issue is democracy. It seems most Clan members agree on the idea now that democracy is to be understood int he terms from which it emerged, rather than the principle of elections as a means to fair distribution of power. Compare what Zoot says in the first video to what Capable says in Democracy 2.0, that “democracy has only ever truly existed where it wasn’t needed, certainly where there existed no need for a concept of democracy – if the people place themselves first they simply act, and secure by constant effort that society which is really theirs, however most people prefer not to put on such an effort and would instead like to participate in pre-established society, trusting its maintenance and administration to others.” Both interpretations point to the idea that democracy function on two levels: B, in the minds of those who aren’t being represented as a system that ensures fair representation, and A, in balancing power between actual interests, as for example a Congress functions, but also the first democracy itself, which was only open to the most wealthy, ‘pentekosiomedemnoi’, let’s say the highest tax scale, a democracy of those who are happy to burden themselves. (Reminds me of the Nietzschean Camel, which is his first form of nobility).

I suppose that we are establishing our own democracy, a philosophical society, with he aim of securing and enhancing the power of its members. The Philosophers are people bound in loyalty, not some arbitrary form of brotherly love but the shared love of a similar thing, a kind of western oversoul, related to the ancient democracy but in archaic ways that we can not fully trace yet, except the one among us who have gone beyond a point of no return into history, and is our deepest well of … ‘mystery’ as it was known back then. This depth is invaluable to the joy that philosophy is - depth which as often finds ways outside of writing as within it. Nazdrovje.

Whereas I understand avoiding google bot,

It appears that I was wrong about Lev. I just reduce him to trolling.
All these goddamned consequences… why philosophers are so wary.

The point is that we can not be anonymous, that in fact philosophy must be more like a “1 percent”.
The question is what exactly is the currency.

sendvid.com/2sgfywga

sendvid.com/sxuuzq0a

Obviously not all these videos will be philosophically oriented, Fixed. When I eventually start a youtube account I will categorize the videos according to their content. Meanwhile, as I experiment with making these I’ll just post them here.

You are a born entertainer Zoot, you know that?

And as Parodites indicates, philosophy is not a questioning, but the characteristic of driving what it is to be human to its ultimate consequence. “Daemonism”. In as far as the political question of Aristocracy you quickly sketched goes, I do have an answer to that, which is introduced here - -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfKji1rM3s8 Happily taking the backseat of the cinematographic machine. This thread is already more than worth it. The philosophical probing itself is slow, this is my first actual response to you in fact (and the actual response begins somewhere halfway), but the aim is to create the body of which at this point only the neocortex has been designed.

HIC SUNT DRACONES