The Philosophers

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: The Philosophers

Postby Meno_ » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:42 pm

Jakob wrote:"So the key is to be the ultimate overseer of the strategic and mobilizing chessboard - where is the Love, the mania of the Ubermensch. In essence, where is the Power of Forever that catapults Nietzsche to romantic vistas of everlasting pleasure and golden twilight?"

Oh God, you misunderstand, or havent had the privilege of learning of Alexander, Caesar, and Napoleon.

Perhaps you misunderstand the nature of mankind and of war.

There is no more passionate affair in humanity than war. There is no more romantic sentiment than that which makes an Aeonic military leader; sweeping the hearts and minds of millions of men and women to willingly fight to the death for a Beloved Ideal.

This ideal is always the Homeland, the Nadir. The Moon, the Mother.

Research into Alexander, and his mother, his passions, his friends, his speeches, his habits and his "melting face".

Read how Caesar wept at the statue of Alexander before he received his first command. Read Rex Warners "Young Caesar" and "Imperial Caesar" and read Napoleons own words about passion, and about Christ.

What is a higher love than the willingness to die for ones love?
Thence war is the highest human expression.

And then e Shopenhauer on vanity, of mere e existence, that in my opinion , at least, has not successfully been overcome by even Nietzche. He was a populous investor, of circumstance, such as some others to numerous to mention deem
to be.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby barbarianhorde » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:06 pm

Nietzsche wrote:"Why so hard?" the kitchen coal once said to the diamond. "After all, are we not close kin?"

Why so soft? O my brothers, thus I ask you: are you not after all my brothers?

Why so soft, so pliant and yielding? Why is there so much denial, self-denial, in your hearts? So little destiny in your eyes?

It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
barbarianhorde
Philosopher

Postby barbarianhorde » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:09 pm

Lol

There was a moon in a pale blue sky of the evening. Fire was in his mind and strange sounds of evening whirling through the heart. Listen my heart, to the silence he said and a bird flew up. Prrr went the birds wings. And then the water was audible. The bird had disclosed by fluttering its wings the finer sounds. Now a concert was going on, and the moon had moved oh ever so slightly.
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.

THE HORNED ONE
barbarianhorde
Philosopher

BOEDA

Postby barbarianhorde » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:28 pm

Who wouldn't mind controlling this planet?
https://soundcloud.com/taurusvision/buddha-and-power

Buddha used to control the world
the world that he saw fit to control
including also his lack of power to control the rest.

THE HORNED ONE
barbarianhorde
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:36 pm

And, he may again.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby barbarianhorde » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:15 pm

huh?

by barbarianhorde » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:26 pm

Now what I do when Im depressive, is put my fist on the rough stones, sink down to the lowest position of a pushup where you carry the most leverage, rest there until I am shaking with effort and then begin a series of slow pushups. It doesn't matter how many, by then the process has become very pleasant, as energy is surging everywhere, meaning fluids are reacting in healthy ways and restoring the paths from the many sources to the many brooks.

Systema Vasiliev
Published on Jul 23, 2019

Systema offers new methodology for a push up program. It connects breath-work with muscles and psychological condition.

THE HORNED ONE
barbarianhorde
Philosopher

Postby Arcturus Descending » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm

barbarianhorde wrote:Lol

There was a moon in a pale blue sky of the evening. Fire was in his mind and strange sounds of evening whirling through the heart. Listen my heart, to the silence he said and a bird flew up. Prrr went the birds wings. And then the water was audible. The bird had disclosed by fluttering its wings the finer sounds. Now a concert was going on, and the moon had moved oh ever so slightly.

That was really lovely, barbarianhorde. I didn't realize that you had the heart of a poet but then how would I?

Was the "Prrr" of the bird's wings like the Purr of a kitten or cat when completely content with the world all snuggled up to its companion?
"Look closely. The beautiful may be small."

"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."

“Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

Immanuel Kant
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat