The Philosophers

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: The Philosophers

Postby UrGod » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:31 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
Void_X_Zero wrote:Yes. By devaluing their own minds and truth, humans forfeit their own existence. So be it.

This is why I never accepted the general denominator "human". Ive always known this category to include many unviable beings.

Thus, this caste division is not entirely a joke. We may have to help nature out a little bit in the coming centuries where she will definitively separate the leeches from the beings.

Human nature is just starting to show its inner rift, and it is an absolute rift.
There will be two entirely separate human species at the end of 500 years.

This is probably correct. We converged into Homo sapiens, but there is no reason to think that at some point it will not diverge again. This is predicted in such visionary works as 1984 and The Time Machine.
I am your master.
UrGod
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:04 am

Ive read (not been able to verify, obviously) the Neanderthal was far more capable of reason than Homo sapiens, which caused him to think longer, which caused him to lose in the fight.

Meaning that we need to become vigilant against the type that is abandoning its reasoning faculties - they can become a bigger problem as they lose more cognitive capacities. The fight against stupidity is the hardest there is, as stupidity won't flinch driving the whole world including itself into the ground, since it simply isn't able to recognize any reality.
Before the Light

The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:23 pm

Its been clear that we are a threat to many people here. We need to expand whatever it is that threatens.

And we are - what threatens is that we as philosophers represent, for the first time since 400 BC, reality.

It is like turning over a rock. Our haters are the scurrying vermin and lowly bugs.

One of the humble challenges has been to discern the lowly bugs from the actual vermin. But ill quit that, its unnecessary. The sunlight is killing the vermin.
Before the Light

- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:39 pm

Perhaps the dumbest thing any philosopher ever did was to figure he needs to be polite to placate his audience.
A polite philosopher is like a caged animal. To a philosopher, most people must always appear insufferably weak, and he cant compromise to that weakness.
Thence how there have been no Christian philosophers.

Our path of increasing power will more and more require of us that we judge and condemn to oblivion those that refuse to engage reality. This is how Athens was born back in the day, by expelling the dumb, which is to say the weak, the scared.

Philosophy has been mistaken for something merely theoretical for too long.
Before the Light

- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:08 am

Our path of increasing power will more and more require of us that we judge and condemn to oblivion those that refuse to engage reality. This is how Athens was born back in the day, by expelling the dumb, which is to say the weak, the scared.

My job description.
I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby Jakob » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:31 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:

My job description.

Keep it up then.
My latest video on the Tree of Life is on this subject.
The outcome is favourable for Germany, the most sober and realistic country of the west. Meaning: the most ruthless, firstly vs itself.

Fixed Cross wrote:They are suing Facebook for not deleting all the accounts they need deleted going into the elections fast enough.

surprise!

Anyway, not much can be done now, it would seem, as the Germans aren't inclined to disagree with any authority whatsoever. Islam is therefore widely understood and appreciate among the German working class. Turkish German Integration is powerful, a first order force in Northern Europe - it pervades the lower middle class in Holland, as well as strong layers the police force. Turks, man. They are the largest relative depository of Khan-seed and are not about to stop.

The Turks have basically settled as the ideal German - they have co opted the lower backbone of the most powerful fighting race in Europe.
The Germans, man.

They've purged themselves of Jews and have gotten in Turks instead.
Pretty much as Kaiser Wilhelm II said he'd like it done.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=193267

These arent my choices, mind you. But having lived in the German speaking world, and having extensively experienced the rest of Western Europe, I am not mournful. Nothing will be lost that hasn't already been squandered to the American exultation of the downtrodden, cultural Marxism.
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby Arcturus Descending » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:40 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:

My job description.

I think that it was also Hitlers, Mussolini's, Stalin's, ad continuum.
\

those that refuse to engage reality

Whose reality?
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Jakob » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:39 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:
Magnus Anderson wrote:

My job description.

I think that it was also Hitlers, Mussolini's, Stalin's, ad continuum.

No, theirs was the exact opposite.
It is surprising that you would think of nazis and Stalinists as enemies of stupidity, fear and weakness. They are the archetypical herd-species, idiots, too scared to look at their own shadow.

those that refuse to engage reality

Whose reality?

Their own.
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:11 am

Fixed
wrote:
Thence how there have been no Christian philosophers.

I can think of three to begin with.
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat