To My Pen Pal Zoot Allures

I see you’ve been flirting with Satyr and his ilk with your fascination of a quasi national fascist state.

How’s that working out for you?

Are we any more closer to a noble, virtuous, and idealistic existence of humanity within this vision of total control over civilization via a state apparatus?

Curious minds want to know.

P.S.

I hope life is treating you much better given your latest close interactions with incarceration.

Your pal and fan with much love,

The Joker.

Having a sock puppet means never having to own up to schizophrenia

Yeah why did you stop writing me man? When I got that last letter I was still in the county, getting ready to be sentenced. I told you in that letter you could find which prison I would be transferred to. You just forgot about me man. How could you do that? Remember, I’m the one that taught you how to ride the waves dude. Hell you hadn’t ever even been in the ocean until you came to Wilmington. I remember how your jaw dropped open when we got to the boardwalk at the ocean front. And I remember how you tried to bring the fucking board into the apartment and got sand everywhere. Yeah you remember.

Check it out; Natalie has a son named Roman. I don’t know if she’s married or not but she’s doing alright from what I saw in her video.

Ah, mental illness, the first legitimizing ideology of the state in rounding up social nonconforming dissidents and controlling human populations. yawns

Yes, the memories are still fresh in mind. Good times and yet how the years have passed away so silently.

Would of stayed in touch with you but I never really could stay in one place for very long constantly on the road. Sorry about that. While you were in prison from the inside I was enjoying my own prison on the outside called the hard knocks on the street.

Oh well, live and learn I suppose.

She has a son? Well, being a physically attractive breeder that was inevitable.

Nick! I have a proposal.

You remember what happened when you got to Wilmington, and why it happened. We were all a little naive to believe you, Natalie and myself could live comfortably in that little one bedroom apartment. You remember I was on supervised probation at the time and very frustrated with everything. I was having trouble finding work, while you and Natalie were constantly arguing. The position I was in was very fucked up; I needed Natalie to split the rent, so when she demanded that you leave, I had to comply. Had you two been able to get along we could have all put our heads together and gotten a bigger place, I think. You remember how it went down; for the first couple weeks we all got along… then things started to fall apart. Now I don’t blame anybody for what transpired… it was just bad chemistry.

My situation now is this. I am not on any kind of probation, and I am set up near the beach in Virginia, a state with extremely lenient laws for sex offenders. I have the most freedom in this state so I plan to stay. I have been living in my van (still got it, you remember… the Chevy Gladiator… she’s in excellent condition) and working at a temp service. This isn’t a realistic long term plan, though, because I’m not making much money… just enough to live day to day. I want to eventually get a place and start subcontracting again. In order to do this as efficiently as possible I need a partner. Here is my proposal.

If you wanted, you could come down here and set up with me. We would work at the temp service; you get job assignments each day, make between minimum wage and ten dollars an hour, depending on the job, and you’re paid at the end of each day. Very convenient. When we got our money right, we could rent a place. Next, I would get an insurance policy and start looking for contracts with builders around the area. Construction is happening everywhere. I could teach you carpentry… we’d get small jobs like apartment unit interior trim or building decks. You would be my partner and we’d roll in the dough. Working with me you’d be averaging between twelve and seventeen dollars an hour to begin… later as you got better, we would get faster, and make more money. By subcontracting we’d be getting paid by the square foot or by the job… no hourly wage bullshit.

Now we’d have a decent place and steady work. We’d work when we wanted. If the work was slow, we’d always have the temp service to fall back on.

I propose this because I can’t go into business without a partner… well I could, but it wouldn’t be very efficient. I don’t know what you are doing but I imagine you aren’t making much money and are probably stuck working for some asshole or company that’s a dead end.

VA Beach is a great place. Google the area and check it out. The oceanfront is a hot spot, lot of action and things to do. Cool people and places to hang out. Coffee shops everywhere. Very resourceful for nomadic wanderers like ourselves.

If you wanted to do something like this you would want to wait until the summer breaks before you came down. It’s hotter than a mutherfucker down here right now, and being homeless in this heat is a pain in the ass. If we played our cards right, by late september we’d both have enough put aside to get right into an apartment when you came down. Then we would set our sights on subcontracting. And you know me, I can build a house with one hand tied behind my back, so having me as your partner would be a good investment for you. I won’t have you climbing roofs or doing any hard labor like that. The work I will get will be fairly easy… and it will pay really well.

A longer term goal for me is leaving the country eventually; I’m looking at India (Americans can stay up to ten years without a visa), central America and south-east asia. The currency exchange rates are outstanding. A dude can live comfortably on twenty dollars a day. If we get into countries that only extend visas up to ninety days, we can border hop; we’d cross into a neighboring country, then come back a day later, resetting our visas for another ninety days. Repeat.

I don’t know what you have going on up there, but if you aren’t happy with it, consider my proposal. This time there wouldn’t be any arguing or tension like there was in Wilmington.

Think it over man. We’ve got plenty of time to plan this thing. You’re good peeps and I could hang with you. An intellectual anarchist like you is always a friend of mine. It’ll be like old times man… minus all the headaches.

I’ll keep you in mind Zoot if I ever consider relocating again.

Currently I have a nice job fabricating electrical wire assemblies so my chances of moving anytime soon are slim to none. You might consider moving up north here as there are logging, construction, oilfield, and mining jobs plentiful in abundance locally.

The winters up here however are brutal so be forewarned.

Not sure about moving out of country considering it sucks the world over everywhere.

Ten four. Keep the proposal in mind. Meanwhile, I have to stay relatively close to my mother so I can help her when she needs it. She’s getting old and needs help once in a while. But, if something comes up where she wouldn’t mind, I might check out the sex offender laws of your state. If they are decent, I might try it.

aww
++rep

Yeah, with family I understand. Did the same with my father.

PM me for more specific details privately.

Where is Zoot Allures now?

I hope he’s all right.

I wish him all the best.

Greetings.

Ha is probably hibernating for a while, in a recent forum, he may have misunderstood forum etiquette, totally unaware of some human, all too human perceptions. Like a lone wolf, a Steppenwolf. I feel for him but also understand for him to learn the proper ways of information surfing.

If you’re out there, please understand, that here is one who knows the decades of tough skin acquired through the ups and downs of verifying fortune.

Hang with it Steve!

Ummm… Zoot’s in the lock up again. He got picked up around the time of his last post.

No underage children involved this time (thank the gods) just a vehicular break and enter, in possession of stolen goods and busted with a bag of weed/paraphernalia.

With several sex offenses under his belt, it’s looking like he’ll be away for a long time.

That’s terrible to hear. I figured that was the case. sighs

Yeah. Over the last decade or so, I’ve seen him do a 180 and turn into a person I genuinely liked. He was a very angry man, initially. For a while back there, I think he was totally capable of losing it and doing something really nasty but then he began to change. His political and philosophical ideologies fell apart. He was less stringent about forcing his views on others and his anger subsided. He even began talking to people he previously thought beneath him, intellectually, and started to show care for people he said he despised. He even made a post or two where he showed his personal feelings.

His problem was that he was left in a vacuum without political, philosophical or religious beliefs and had nowhere to go… nothing to do. He tried to fill up his time by entertaining himself here but even that fell away when his computer froze and he was left with a phone and little interest to say anything.

Underneath it all, Zoot’s a good man, perhaps the most intelligent person on this forum and definitely one of the most articulate posters but his intelligence wasn’t focused. He had nothing to use his intelligence on so he took up entertaining the crowd. That’s OK for a while but it’s just a filler for a person who feels the need to know, be or do something more substantial.

I can’t help but wonder if Zoot was subconsciously drawn to back to prison? If nothing else, prison relieves the prisoner of the desperate need to find purpose and meaning to our short lives; additionally you don’t have to struggle from one little job to the next every couple of days just to make ends meet. :-k

Hard to believe.

I have been told that punishment and circumstances in prison are bad in the United States, at least worse than in Europe, where prisons are - comparatively (!) - like paradises.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5gnubhlgF0[/youtube]
[list]- “Zoot Allures” by Frank Zappa, 1976 -[/list:u]

Yeah, I heard he was on the run for two months. I kinda figured this was going to happen sooner or later. I told him to stay away from urban population centers but he insisted living within them anyways.

Zoot man… why you go fuck yourself up so :neutral_face:

Perhaps, but I’m not suggesting that it’s a decision Zoot made consciously. Zoot would never have chosen to go to prison, but you have to wonder why a person who has to stay clear of the law, does something that’s going to land him in trouble. It’s not rational and this is what I’m hinting at. We’re not as free to make decisions as we like to believe.