What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:06 pm

i even got this new place with this new view.
Attachments
0119151734_resized.jpg
0119151734_resized.jpg (193.95 KiB) Viewed 1607 times
0113151548a_resized.jpg
0113151548a_resized.jpg (226.96 KiB) Viewed 1607 times
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25913
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:44 pm

Artimas wrote:
Looooool. Why wouldn't it get you as high as combusting it? Vaporizing it is healthier and can get you extremely high. Especially taking dabs.


Because when you vape you don't ignite everything, this can be demonstrated by taking your already vaped bud out of the trench and then running it for oil. If you get oil off it, then you missed some that you would have gotten had you combusted the weed.

Dabs are another story altogether. You're gonna get high smoking those regardless of how you do it. The potency is just too much. That being said, you're still better to smoke dabs off an oil rig with either a TI plate or nail because when you vape, you're gonna have all that reclaim in your tubes and again, you wont get all the active ingredients into your lungs.

That's not to say that you wont get high. I mean hell, you can get high smoking a gram of mexican schwag out of a gravity bong. But...it's not the best way.

Speaking of dabs....here's the leftovers of roughly 5 zips I had last week. It's C02 instead of BHO. Very clean, extreme indica. Gonna make your eyelids very very heavy.
Attachments
0215151512_resized.jpg
0215151512_resized.jpg (215.66 KiB) Viewed 1605 times
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25913
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:02 am

Here's the view from my tub lol.

I mainly did this as a joke, because I already had several TVs, and when I moved into this place they gave me a 51 inch that I now use in the bedroom, and I put my 60 in the living room, and so this old 32 inch former bedroom TV had no place to go. I figured it would be funny to put it in the bathroom. Originally a joke, it has resulted in several women taking long bubble baths and drinking bottles of wine while watching netflix. A good idea overall.

I also keep a multi pack of tampons, a blow dryer, a flat iron, and a bunch of shit that removes makeup and nail polish and what have you under my sink in order to maintain a ho friendly environment. These are good ideas guys. Trust me.
Attachments
0218151659_resized.jpg
0218151659_resized.jpg (177.04 KiB) Viewed 1599 times
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25913
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby Artimas » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:27 am

Looks good and amber. =P

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3738
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby phoneutria » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:44 am

Les Halles.

Image
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 2733
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:39 am

Anthony Bourdain is a stone cold pimp. There's not a lot of people that I envy, but he's one of em.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25913
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:42 am

Artimas wrote:Looks good and amber. =P



It's completely clear even when piled high. No haze, no whipped anything. No butane just C02. Even though it's just C02, it's still purged at -25psi for days before I get it so it just melts right away and leaves no residue at all. I get it for about 15 bucks a gram if I get at least an O, so I usually do that much at least if I'm gonna get some. For a long time I used to make oil when I was growing. I'd have the garbage bags full or trim and just spend days and days running big chunks of it. I learned a lot. Nowadays, I'd rather just buy it and not go through all the trouble. Getting that shit just right and perfect isn't as easy as it seems, because the more I smoke of it, the more I realize that even the dirtiest oil seems pure, but the cleaner it gets, the more mind blowing.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25913
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby phoneutria » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:26 am

mr reasonable wrote:Anthony Bourdain is a stone cold pimp. There's not a lot of people that I envy, but he's one of em.


I take it you have read kitchen confidential.
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 2733
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:49 pm

lol I quit reading books a long time ago. I just watch the show on netflix.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25913
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby phoneutria » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:04 pm

Kitchen confidential hardly passes for a book. It is one afternoon's share of amusement. It's entertainment.
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 2733
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:08 pm

Fair enough. I bought a book from a guy in a bar in brooklyn last year. It's called, "how I spent my permanent vacation". He wrote it about all the bars in brooklyn as they'd evolved over his lifetime of drinking. Each page is a brief description and story of one bar or another. I can deal with that. Books that I only have to read one page of at a time are ok.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25913
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby Blurry » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:21 pm

One of my auntie's has the Bread Bible in her kitchen, and the Cake Bible as well. She's an amazing amateur cook and pastry chef, and she's used her copies of both thoroughly - they're beat to shit.

I think you'll find good use for that, is what I'm saying.
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
User avatar
Blurry
fuck
 
Posts: 4423
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:18 pm

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:38 pm

mr reasonable wrote:i even got this new place with this new view.


Once you get drawn away from the cars, it's a really nice view, MR. What floor are you on - 3rd or 4th or what?
Despite the lights, can you see the stars at night and if so, what constellations can you see out there.
What direction does that face?

Enjoy your new place.
"Look closely. The beautiful may be small."


"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."


“Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

Immanuel Kant
User avatar
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
 
Posts: 15386
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: A state of unknowing

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby AutSider » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:43 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:
mr reasonable wrote:i even got this new place with this new view.


Once you get drawn away from the cars, it's a really nice view, MR. What floor are you on - 3rd or 4th or what?
Despite the lights, can you see the stars at night and if so, what constellations can you see out there.
What direction does that face?

Enjoy your new place.


It's strangely peaceful and melancholic, possibly because it's sunset/evening. I say "strangely" because he frequently mentions people he knows getting murdered.
User avatar
AutSider
BANNED
 
Posts: 3337
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:04 pm

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:01 pm

Atheris wrote:
Arcturus Descending wrote:
mr reasonable wrote:i even got this new place with this new view.


Once you get drawn away from the cars, it's a really nice view, MR. What floor are you on - 3rd or 4th or what?
Despite the lights, can you see the stars at night and if so, what constellations can you see out there.
What direction does that face?

Enjoy your new place.


It's strangely peaceful and melancholic, possibly because it's sunset/evening. I say "strangely" because he frequently mentions people he knows getting murdered.

Yes, a sunset can be quite melancholic - also like a kind of bitter sweet.
Any other words to describe what you see "above"?
"Look closely. The beautiful may be small."


"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."


“Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

Immanuel Kant
User avatar
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
 
Posts: 15386
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: A state of unknowing

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:10 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:
mr reasonable wrote:i even got this new place with this new view.


Once you get drawn away from the cars, it's a really nice view, MR. What floor are you on - 3rd or 4th or what?
Despite the lights, can you see the stars at night and if so, what constellations can you see out there.
What direction does that face?

Enjoy your new place.



4th floor, facing north-ish. The building is only 2 years old. So it's still really nice. They're putting up another one in the next year or so. Just across the intersection. If I"m still here, I'm moving into that one because it'll be taller, and newer.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25913
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby Blurry » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:29 pm

Also, MR I like your cabinets and stainless steel kitchen accessories. Looks nice.
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
User avatar
Blurry
fuck
 
Posts: 4423
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:18 pm

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:07 pm

That stuff came already in here. Between that, the granite, the tile, and the floors I was like yeah OK I'll take the place. I also have a little screen next to my front door so that I can see anyone who's downstairs trying to get in, and I can either buzz them in, or call the cops with the push of a button. It feels empowering. One day, they were servicing the elevator, and I had to bring groceries all the way up the stairs. It was the worst experience of my life.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25913
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:24 am

Arcturus Descending wrote:
mr reasonable wrote:i even got this new place with this new view.


Once you get drawn away from the cars, it's a really nice view, MR. What floor are you on - 3rd or 4th or what?
Despite the lights, can you see the stars at night and if so, what constellations can you see out there.
What direction does that face?

Enjoy your new place.



Oh yeah you can see some stars. Just not over those bank buildings. To the right is an old abandoned blast furnace thing that's used as a music and festival venue and a haunted house in October and on the side of town it's darker at night so you can see stars better that way. My old place was out near a bunch of lakes and it got really dark at night in the sky and I could see orion's belt and the dipper one of em I dunno which one really clear from my balcony. I dunno what I can see here I haven't really looked. If I had a telescope, I could probably watch people in those towers pace back and fourth between their cubicles. The building isn't bad at all. There's only 56 apartments here, and the 1st floor of the building has a yoga studio, (which has an amazing selection of healthy munches), a tapas restaurant that's a little fancy but reasonble priced, a sandwich shop that delivers and a few other things. Mayne some kind of spinal therapist office, and a few new things moving in. Directly across the street there's a bar that my friend manages so he gives me free drinks and food and all that, and they've got the whole "dance club" thing going so there's always packs of drunken women just roaming around the base of the compound. Next to his bar are 5 more, and then there are about 10 or so restaurants within less than 1 and a half blocks. 2 breweries with taps, within 1 mile. Excellent stuff really. I like it a lot. This place was originally proposed to be built and these units sold as condos, and then they got funding to build, then some delays, then the condo market here got flooded with all these renovated abandoned factory buildings getting turned into high end lofts, and so they decided to keep building this one, but to rent them as apartments instead of selling them as condos. So they finished 2 years ago and I had to wait about 4 months for one to become available that I wanted even though I know the manager and was referred by another guy who knows him it was a bitch but I'm glad I got it.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25913
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:31 am

This one place serves all kinds of beer, and they also have these chicken nuggets which are fried, then dipped in waffle batter, then soaked with a bacon flavored maple syrup. Think about that man. Really just stop for a second and imagine you're baked, then you walk down the hall, take an elevator down, and stumble 150 feet and then you're got chicken nuggets wrapped in waffle batter covered in bacon maple syrup with a beer. It's like a miracle when something like that is the case.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25913
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:16 am

So it's snowing now. And I can't even see the buildings across the way right now with the fog. Crazy stuff.
Attachments
0225152011_resized.jpg
0225152011_resized.jpg (189.2 KiB) Viewed 1390 times
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25913
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby Blurry » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:26 pm

mr reasonable wrote:This one place serves all kinds of beer, and they also have these chicken nuggets which are fried, then dipped in waffle batter, then soaked with a bacon flavored maple syrup. Think about that man. Really just stop for a second and imagine you're baked, then you walk down the hall, take an elevator down, and stumble 150 feet and then you're got chicken nuggets wrapped in waffle batter covered in bacon maple syrup with a beer. It's like a miracle when something like that is the case.


loll a miracle or a heart-attack?!
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
User avatar
Blurry
fuck
 
Posts: 4423
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:18 pm

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:45 pm

Both.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25913
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby 1mpious » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:11 am

mr reasonable wrote:This one place serves all kinds of beer, and they also have these chicken nuggets which are fried, then dipped in waffle batter, then soaked with a bacon flavored maple syrup. Think about that man. Really just stop for a second and imagine you're baked, then you walk down the hall, take an elevator down, and stumble 150 feet and then you're got chicken nuggets wrapped in waffle batter covered in bacon maple syrup with a beer. It's like a miracle when something like that is the case.

That's the way to do it. Makes me think of back when my mates and I would have a big night out in the city, acid or whatever, then finish up after sunrise at the casino TV lounge for long island ice teas and potato wedges. Talking about acid, got slipped a couple of dots the other day, didn't even know then waiting to cross the street and BAM! Almost collapsed there and then on the fucking footpath waiting for the walk signal.
'Up and down, round and round, let's get down now upside down' :evilfun:
User avatar
1mpious
decent guy
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:58 am
Location: Sydney Secondus

Re: What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:18 am

I hate when that happens.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25913
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users