My goddamn upstairs neighbor

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Kriswest » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:07 pm

There are plenty of other places. Our govt has yet to require moving or travel permits. Skip Southern California though, a waste of space and skin.
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
User avatar
Kriswest
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 20508
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:26 pm
Location: stuck in permanent maternal mode.

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:13 pm

Kris, if you move to a part of bham with a 77k house, you will be a victim of crime in a very short period of time. Hopefully they just take your property, a lot of people are killed here.

http://www.bhamwiki.com/w/Birmingham_homicides_by_year

Those stats are just for the city limits. They don't include the vast majority of the outlying ghettos, where the real crime is occurring.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24691
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Kriswest » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:15 pm

So you are not permitted to leave that state?
You would not stay in a burning house would you?
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
User avatar
Kriswest
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 20508
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:26 pm
Location: stuck in permanent maternal mode.

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:17 pm

Kriswest wrote:Cripes, we have a house and 10 acres paid for. It cost 77k

Okay. I never even thought in those terms. You don't get that in this country, ever unless you are an industrial farmer or bona fide wealthy.
My grandmothers sister bought the house I grew up on for something like 40.000, it's worth well over a million now. Euro's, she got it in guilders, which was about .4 to the euro on the transition in 2000.

30 minutes from cities around us. There are good homes away from the cities that cost less. Try setting your sights further out. Mortgage payments can be as low as two or three hundred a month. Get decent transportation and you are set. The folks out here are also a better quality in general.

Yes. There's basically only once place I can go - the coast. That's the only rural bits Holland has going for it. It's a beautiful coastline, entirely unbroken for over a hundred kilometers and all broad, white sand beaches. So I need to get a car. Last time I had a Golf 3 TDI. It was fast and comfortable but made a lot of noise. Back when I got it diesel was still very cheap, and I used to drive for thousands of kilometers on a regular basis. Now it doesn't make much sense anymore.

mr reasonable wrote:I can get a condo built in the 80s a few blocks from here out of foreclosure for 115k. It's 900 sq ft and 2 bedrooms. That's as cheap as it gets.

Birmingham isn't like most places in MS. If you move out of the good area here, then you will without a doubt be a victim of crime. Anything you save by trying to move to the country will just get stolen out of your house when it's burglarized. The crime rate here is phenomenal. If you want to get to the country, you can go a few miles further from the city from where I live, but then it's just a bunch of rich people who wanted to live in the country building more million dollar houses behind gates.

You know that guy lee greenwood? the dude who sings "proud to be an american"? He's got like a 19 million dollar house about 6 miles from here back in some woods with a pool shaped like a guitar. It's safe there. 10 more minutes down the road....meth houses.

How big is that radius? What's the greater area like? I was never in that city but I was in Savannah, and I got a quick impression of what it was like there behind the highway offramp and the greyhound station. A mild concussion and a good story richer I got in the bus to New Orleans. That was before Katrina, it was a pretty nice town, or had very large decent parts. Not anymore, I imagine.
Thunderbolt steers all things.

Image

I've been guided somewhat by William Blake's quote: "I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create". Just change 'system' for 'style'. - Bill

The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 6865
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: Thrudheim

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:24 pm

Kriswest wrote: Skip Southern California though, a waste of space and skin.

Why is that?
I was planing a trip through part of the civil was area next year... not sure if I was going to go as far down as that.
Thunderbolt steers all things.

Image

I've been guided somewhat by William Blake's quote: "I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create". Just change 'system' for 'style'. - Bill

The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 6865
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: Thrudheim

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:28 pm

My neighbor has been quiet for a while now. That happens, Sometimes he is gone for days. Sometimes he sleeps.
Yesterday I went to sleep before him, and I heard him roll out the wall-embedded thing and let it fall on the ground. I had forgotten about that. This was the first time I was in bed before twelve in over a year. The last time was in rural Spain, where there was absolutely no reason to stay up late. The stars, the quiet of the night, pressed me down to sleep. This living room on the first floor on north-northwest, everything about being here is keeping me awake.
Thunderbolt steers all things.

Image

I've been guided somewhat by William Blake's quote: "I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create". Just change 'system' for 'style'. - Bill

The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 6865
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: Thrudheim

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Kriswest » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:46 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
Kriswest wrote: Skip Southern California though, a waste of space and skin.

Why is that?
I was planing a trip through part of the civil was area next year... not sure if I was going to go as far down as that.

Its just my own prejudiced opinion. It revolves around the largest cities there and the snobbery, crimes, attitudes found in them. Out of every 10 people I meet from there only one or two maybe don't annoy the crap out of me. So you might want other opinions beside just mine.
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
User avatar
Kriswest
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 20508
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:26 pm
Location: stuck in permanent maternal mode.

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:47 pm

Kriswest wrote:So you are not permitted to leave that state?
You would not stay in a burning house would you?



Permitted? Is that all it takes to just get up and move to another state?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24691
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:52 pm

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/neighb ... dangerous/



I grew up in #7 on this list of most dangerous cities in America. It's connected to #20, where I went to college and have lived most of my adult life. Now, I live in this one strip of heavily policed white-ville that's sort of in between them. I can leave my apartment and be in the center of either one in 15 minutes.

The place I live now if hardcore when it comes to arresting black people who play music too loud. All my old friends who still live in the bad parts of town are afraid to come out here because if your car has a dent, they'll pull you over and search you out here. It's madness dude.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24691
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:21 pm

I'm eating boerenkool met worst. How I have missed this food. It is raining dogs suddenly so the Albert Heijn has put Boerenkool met Worst in the racks. Once in a while a good microwave dinner is all I need.

Kris - then what I'm left with to wonder is if you also annoy the hell out of these South Carolineans, or if it's a one way deal. Can you say anything specific about their annoying nature?

But back to my Boerenkool, not to let it get cold. Rain smashing against the window, dark setting in. Candle burning on this enormous standard I bought, and like. Silhouettes of houses on the other side of the canal, geese are quiet...
Thunderbolt steers all things.

Image

I've been guided somewhat by William Blake's quote: "I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create". Just change 'system' for 'style'. - Bill

The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 6865
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: Thrudheim

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:37 pm

I went to charleston south carolina once. Every single citizen of that state has a bumper sticker of the known racist image that we know as the confederate flag.

It means that they hold dear in their hearts the time that slaves were allowed to be owned and they could get rich off the backs of others.

They've even got a confederate history museum, celebrating the side that lost the civil war in the US. You know...the side that built it's entire economy on the backs of slaves.

It's miserable. I was only there so that I could get on a boat that was going to Bermuda that happened to be leaving from the port of charleston.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24691
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:06 pm

Fuk racialism mahn.

Last edited by Fixed Cross on Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thunderbolt steers all things.

Image

I've been guided somewhat by William Blake's quote: "I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create". Just change 'system' for 'style'. - Bill

The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 6865
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: Thrudheim

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:09 pm

I thik these guys are from Texas or something, but the funny thing is how they talk about the abolishment of slavery. "Yes, it's good. For them."
Thunderbolt steers all things.

Image

I've been guided somewhat by William Blake's quote: "I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create". Just change 'system' for 'style'. - Bill

The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 6865
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: Thrudheim

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:15 pm

But I do not think that carrying a Federation flag is primarily a sign of racism. Rather of a mix of primitivism and fallen aristocracy, the losers of of the 18th and 19th centuries.
Thunderbolt steers all things.

Image

I've been guided somewhat by William Blake's quote: "I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create". Just change 'system' for 'style'. - Bill

The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 6865
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: Thrudheim

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:16 pm

Fixed, that Borat clip was actually shot in Mississippi.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24691
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:02 pm

Ah. Yes it says so I think. So I guess you know what's going on there.
Thunderbolt steers all things.

Image

I've been guided somewhat by William Blake's quote: "I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create". Just change 'system' for 'style'. - Bill

The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 6865
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: Thrudheim

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:26 pm

Maybe you're right in general about flying old flags, but the one I'm talking about is widely considered to be a symbol of racism.

There is literally no one flying that one anywhere who doesn't also happen to hate black people. I know that correlations and causes aren't the same thing or whatever, but when something gets elevated to the level of iconic status, that means it's taken on a specific meaning. In this case, that meaning is bigotry.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24691
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Kriswest » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:57 pm

Uum, Southern California not Carolina. :)
I have never met anyone from Carolina.
And sure they probably found me just as annoying. Its a two way street.
Mr. R. You are the one that talks about making money this way and that and how easy it is, so finances cant be an issue. The only issue I can see is attachment otherwise nothing prevents leaving a harsh environment.
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
User avatar
Kriswest
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 20508
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:26 pm
Location: stuck in permanent maternal mode.

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:09 pm

I've actually been packing for the last few days. I'm moving northing at the end of the year.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24691
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:45 pm

Kriswest wrote:Uum, Southern California not Carolina. :)
I have never met anyone from Carolina.
And sure they probably found me just as annoying. Its a two way street.
Mr. R. You are the one that talks about making money this way and that and how easy it is, so finances cant be an issue. The only issue I can see is attachment otherwise nothing prevents leaving a harsh environment.

My preoccupation...
The people I liked in Southern California were mostly Latin or Korean.
Thunderbolt steers all things.

Image

I've been guided somewhat by William Blake's quote: "I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create". Just change 'system' for 'style'. - Bill

The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 6865
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: Thrudheim

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Kriswest » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:17 am

I have met all but Asian from Southern California. Its just a cultural difference thing. Heck I wouldn't make them second class just because they annoy me. As I said I am sure I annoyed them. I should mention that it includes a few cousins.
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
User avatar
Kriswest
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 20508
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:26 pm
Location: stuck in permanent maternal mode.

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:24 am

What about people fro the Northwest?
Thunderbolt steers all things.

Image

I've been guided somewhat by William Blake's quote: "I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create". Just change 'system' for 'style'. - Bill

The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 6865
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: Thrudheim

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Kriswest » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:40 am

Fixed Cross wrote:What about people fro the Northwest?

ROTFLMAO, most of my in-laws are from there, we live in the south east, you would have to ask my husband about that... he is from the Northwest but, has ties to the southwest.. BTW, I am Southwestern, Arizona.
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
User avatar
Kriswest
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 20508
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:26 pm
Location: stuck in permanent maternal mode.

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:05 am

I saw a sunset there on the way to LA, breathtaking. We stopped and I had a chicken mc nugget menu and some m&ms in a parking lot in the middle of nowhere under a golden sun, which was the most simplistic I've ever felt, and it's one of the most peaceful memories. I basically like the whole west except downtown San Francisco. I once stayed in a hotel there and for the first time realized there was a whole world of despair that doesn't even try to stay below the surface.

It always rains when you arrive there.
Thunderbolt steers all things.

Image

I've been guided somewhat by William Blake's quote: "I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create". Just change 'system' for 'style'. - Bill

The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 6865
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: Thrudheim

Re: My goddamn upstairs neighbor

Postby Kriswest » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:15 am

On the one trip I made to Oregon for a sister-in- law wedding.,,, 2am I10 outside of LA was gridlocked. It took, 3 hours to get through a stretch that should have taken half an hour.. no accidents were the cause...
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
User avatar
Kriswest
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 20508
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:26 pm
Location: stuck in permanent maternal mode.

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users