Done

I think I’m probably done here. I’ve met a lot of great people here, and I wish you all the best. Thanks to everyone. I’ve learned a lot. I’d love to say more, to address many people individually, tell some people how much I admire them, but I really don’t know where to begin and I always have this great fear of omitting people and offending them.

Anyway, thanks again.

• Anon

anon, that’s crazy talk, help us counterbalance all the confusion and ego. but i completely understand. i’ve felt that way many a time, too. take a break maybe? would be sad not to ever see you around anymore.

Not accepted.

Nice to have met you. I Think it is a good decision in general and likely in specific. The latter being a compliment. I hope to join you in absence soon.

Don’t easily give up on us, Anon. We, like you, are unfinished business.

Anon,

It looks to me that you are being emotional here. That happens to all so it is not such a big deal. Sometimes it looks that all juice is squeezed out from us and we are left with nothing.

But, that is merely a temporary phase and will pass by with time.

It would be better to take a break of some days if it suits you or you can just read the posts without replying.

But, do not burden yourself with conditions.
There is no need of that.

with love,
sanjay

anon,

I like you.

If you stop visiting this forum, I hope it’s the right thing for you.

All I’d want, is that you’ve considered what is offered here, and concluded that it’s not suitable.

That you’re seeking something that can’t be attained here.

If you’re not sure what we can offer, try us. And yourself.

Also, I agree with sanjay. I don’t think it’s necessary to draw any lines in the sand. Why not leave it unmarked?

If you don’t return, I’m glad you were here for a time.

Best wishes

Anon,

First off, I’m glad to have met you here and engaged in many good discussions with you. Secondly, I really don’t want you to leave. I’ve been taking regular breaks from this place lately, which really helps me to not get too wrapped up in all the bullshit. An unexpected consequence of that is that I’ve managed to gain some perspective on the dynamics here. I have a mental list of people I refuse to even engage with anymore, let alone allow them to bother me in the slightest. Anyway, I think this place will be worse off without the likes of you, and, if you really do decide to leave, I hope our correspondence doesn’t end here.

Your friend,

Statik

Anon,
I—and I can safely say we–will be less without you. Please reconsider.

Hey Anon, I’m sad to see you go, but sadness like that is as always an indication that it’s a been a privilege to know you. Let me know if you are in the DC area (I’ll be there full time as of June).

Hi Anon, I have only had a few encounters with you and it has been a pleasure. I can honestly say that I am glad to see you go and I mean this is the nicest of possible ways. It is important to move on when we are ready and continue the journey in our lives — maybe in a different direction or maybe in the same direction. Whatever decisions you make, make them with determination, flexibility and steadfastness. I myself, am only a guest here — visiting for a short time and then moving on. Thank You

I am in the D.C. area as well, and if you guys get together I would try to meet up, too.

Same.

One of my all time favorites and a truely good guy.

Ed

Nice knowing you.

You were one of the regulars that contributed to making this my choice in online communities a year and a half ago. I recall leaving a discussion on morality unfinished about two months ago. If you ever want to continue it here through PM or through Skype just let me know.

Hey Anon.

I appreciate all the kind and useful comments. Thanks everyone.

We’ll I think my short stay here is over too. Thanks for having me.

I think I’m done here as well.

Where are you guys going anyway? Are you just done with the world of internet philosophy forums in general, or are you migrating to different ones? If the latter, I’d be interested to know which. I know FC has the humanarchy forum, which I haven’t really explored yet. I feel like I’ve tried out most of the other popular philosophy forums, but never quite liked them as much as ILP.