"Ad Hominous ThreadS"

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: "Ad Hominous ThreadS"

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:41 am

mr reasonable wrote:I've never even met a priest. No one took me to church when I was a kid, or ever really.

You can see my 5'10 200lb ass in the post a pic thread. That's scientific proof or something.

Well what's that got to do with your crack use?
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides

Thunderbolt steers all things.
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:59 am

Crackheads don't weigh 200lbs. It's science dude.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby James S Saint » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:03 am

phyllo wrote:
James S Saint wrote:
fuse wrote:What's the barrier to setting a better tone for the site?

Proper moderation.

Moderation is a convenient scapegoat and an easy way to avoid personal responsibility.

Actually saying what you just said is "a convenient scapegoat and an easy way to avoid personal responsibility".
How very typical of you to be guilty of your own accusation.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby phyllo » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:00 pm

James S Saint wrote:
phyllo wrote:
James S Saint wrote:Proper moderation.

Moderation is a convenient scapegoat and an easy way to avoid personal responsibility.

Actually saying what you just said is "a convenient scapegoat and an easy way to avoid personal responsibility".
How very typical of you to be guilty of your own accusation.
Good example. Thank you, James.
"Who loves not wine, woman and song, remains a fool his whole life long."

"Only the educated are free" - Epictetus
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy" -Beethoven
"Everyday life is the way" -Wumen
"Do not permit the events of your daily life to bind you, but never withdraw yourself from them" - Wumen
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby Ierrellus » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:20 pm

"Plato is a bore,"--Nietzshe.
"We must love one another or die." W.H.Auden
I admit I'm an asshole. Now, can we get back to the conversation?
From the mad poet of McKinley Ave.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend

Postby Orbie » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:29 pm

[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance

In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:30 pm

I couldn't agree more Obe.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:37 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:Sauwelios, Yes. Apparently magsj needed some venting, blaming others for her illness or something. Another instance of ridiculous modding on her part.
Then she comes here trying to convince people how superior and happy she is again.

Good old ILP.
Venting what and blaming whom? I have neither vented at anyone nor blamed anyone for anything here, so no straw-manning now ok :eusa-naughty:

I am very happy thanks.. couldn't be better :D You?

Magsj, you're the very reason I started treating people worse here. Your modding a actions and subsequent aloof and dismissive comments gave me the sign that ILP is nothing to respect, just a place to shit. I try to ignore that and keep posting serious things but it´s increasingly difficult. Thanks for that.
I am responsible for my own actions and decisions, aren't you?

So.. you are blaming me for your ok actions as you blame my illness for my imaginary ones... bravo =D>

Go and attack someone else, and at least have some validity behind it when you do so, and you still attack without knowing anything about my illness, so again bravo =D>

I was going to reply to your DM today asking for my help with advertising jobs and accommodation in London as I've been busy with many commitments to do so until now, but your post has convinced me to do otherwise, so again.. bravo :D =D>
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby von Rivers » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:25 am

Fixed Cross,

I briefly just scanned this thread. I have a news update. Your stature has diminished, slightly, in my estimation. Granted, it was somewhat high and inflated after I had learned that you were a leader in a forum that allowed only capital letters. I've no doubt that my full faith in you will be restored sometime soon, after a post about Sauwelios or something.

PS. Ol' Gobbo has a twitter account? Did I see you mention that somewhere? I'll have to get on twitter, he was a good dude.
von Rivers
ILP Legend

Postby Arcturus Descending » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:52 pm

Fixed Cross

Arc - at one point it's just karma
Can you please elaborate on that. I know what karma means. But what do you mean?

Don't imagine that your comment is different in nature.

Well, you'll have to explain to me how that is true. Perhaps you thought that my response was arrogant, if indeed that is what you felt. But it was not - at least it was not meant to be. i was trying to point something out to you - that itself might appear to be arrogance to you. But my intent was to show you something, to teach you something. Feel free to do the same for me. But I wasn't being ridiculing as you were.

The nature of your karma and comments would appear to be "an eye for an eye" - for me, mine was to open up your eyes. Yes, arrogant, I know. Answer a question for me: As a philosopher, are you simply all scholar (I admire you as a scholar) or do you also wish to peer into your own nature, the truth that is you and your existence?
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Ghost » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:24 am

mr reasonable wrote:Its only been in the lasy few months that ive even payed attention to wbo im talking to. I dont even know these people. I mean i just realized not long ago that james is on the RM kick. I make it a point not to know any of you. It helps me sort the bs. Lately, the site has been flooded and spammed by the same racist, sexist kts member hiding thier idebtitjes and ruining any kind of good discussion. I think that has to be addressed. Even still, its not the racism or sexism that's the main problem. Its that the reasoning is poor. The posters are incoherent and the shit only serves as a distraction to good discourse. Anyone who doesnt see this is an idiot.

(3:35-4:41)
http://youtu.be/TfjdKsb8fy4?t=3m35s
Ghost

Postby Ecclesiastes » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:33 pm

I don't like some of the conclusions people are coming to, but I can't out argue them in debate. So instead I'm going to say their reasoning is poor, and something needs to be done about that.

If you can't see that you're a moron.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize"
- Voltaire

"A liberal is a man who will give away everything he doesn't own."
-Frank Dane

"I regard the Klan, the Anglo-Saxon clubs and White American societies, as far as the Negro is concerned, as better friends of the race than all other groups of hypocritical whites put together."
- Marcus Garvey

http://knowthyself.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Ecclesiastes
Thinker

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:26 am

Did you just say, "I"m rubber and you're glue so whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you?" in some roundabout way?

Also, Ghost...I'm not clicking your link. Why not embed the video?

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Fixed Cross » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:19 pm

mr reasonable wrote:Crackheads don't weigh 200lbs. It's science dude.

There's always the exception that proves the rule.

Take pride my brother.
Last edited by Fixed Cross on Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Thucydides

Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:27 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:
Fixed Cross

Arc - at one point it's just karma
Can you please elaborate on that. I know what karma means. But what do you mean?

Bad karma, a kernel of it. ILP has been accumulating a lot of my bad karma. I feel a lot of frustration with the entropic minds gathered here. Yet I feel compelled to reflect on it.
I think karma is an elaborate form of reflection.

I could walk away - but habits die hard.

Perhaps you thought that my response was arrogant, if indeed that is what you felt. But it was not - at least it was not meant to be. i was trying to point something out to you - that itself might appear to be arrogance to you. But my intent was to show you something, to teach you something. Feel free to do the same for me. But I wasn't being ridiculing as you were.

The nature of your karma and comments would appear to be "an eye for an eye" - for me, mine was to open up your eyes. Yes, arrogant, I know. Answer a question for me: As a philosopher, are you simply all scholar (I admire you as a scholar) or do you also wish to peer into your own nature, the truth that is you and your existence?

The ridicule is in assuming I don't now that this thread is vulgar and base.

Von even seems to believe I was trying to impress him.
- Thucydides

Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:58 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:

Take pride my brother.

Oh there should be no doubt that I am prideful. But I can only take credit for the things I really do. Part of why you guys like me so much is because of my serious degree of authenticity. If I claimed to smoke crack but didn't smoke it, then I would be diminished in my own eyes...the ones that matter.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:33 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:

Take pride my brother.

Oh there should be no doubt that I am prideful. But I can only take credit for the things I really do. Part of why you guys like me so much is because of my serious degree of authenticity. If I claimed to smoke crack but didn't smoke it, then I would be diminished in my own eyes...the ones that matter.

Belated apologies for my stupid venturing into ad hominoid games, which all started one drunk night in some nihilist pit of Amsterdam.
- Thucydides

Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:15 am

No stress. I do it once or twice a week. It's healthy I think.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat