No Videos

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: No Videos

Postby Mithus » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:34 pm

Arminius wrote:Is that the best place on Earth for you? Or is a place named "Mithus" the best place on Earth for you, Mithus? :)

The best place changes, like everything.
And the best place on Earth is always that one with the 'highest concentration' of love. That's what it's all about, isn't it? 8)
..... panta rhei .............................................
Mithus

Postby Pandora » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:07 pm

Remembering and awareness.
Hansel and Gretel, by Carl Offerdinger.
Pandora
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:13 pm

Here's one from the top of the GE building in Manhattan.
Attachments
NY 125.jpg
NY 125.jpg (217.98 KiB) Viewed 748 times
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Arminius » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:51 pm

Pandora wrote:Remembering and awareness.
Hansel and Gretel, by Carl Offerdinger.

Yes, or this two for example:

- Alexander Zick, "Hänsel und Gretel".
- Alexander Zick, "Hänsel und Gretel".

"Hansel and Gretel" (/ˈhænsəl/ or /ˈhɑːnsəl/ and /ˈɡrɛtəl/; German: Hänsel und Gretel[1]) is a well-known fairy tale of German origin, recorded by the Brothers Grimm and published in 1812.
Last edited by Arminius on Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby Arminius » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:58 pm

Or maybe this photographs can also give an imagination of the fairy tale "Hänsel und Gretel":

Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby Arcturus Descending » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:09 pm

luna-moths-in-moonlight-laura-iverson.jpg
luna-moths-in-moonlight-laura-iverson.jpg (80.1 KiB) Viewed 715 times
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Arcturus Descending » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:23 pm

Lev-Kamenev-artist.jpg
Lev-Kamenev-artist.jpg (33.18 KiB) Viewed 715 times

Such light
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Arcturus Descending » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:28 pm

Lev Lagorio
Russian-artist-paintings.jpg
Russian-artist-paintings.jpg (33.18 KiB) Viewed 715 times
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Arcturus Descending » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:33 pm

julius-klever-yulievich-auction.jpg
julius-klever-yulievich-auction.jpg (54.18 KiB) Viewed 715 times
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Arcturus Descending » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:46 pm

1029272-HaraldSohlberg_Vinternatt_i_Rondane1914.jpg
1029272-HaraldSohlberg_Vinternatt_i_Rondane1914.jpg (132.12 KiB) Viewed 714 times

shivers
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Fixed Cross » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:14 pm

Good morning ILP

The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides

Thunderbolt steers all things.
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat