Now I have a Pet. Ask me Anything.

I don’t need pets… I’ve got my family and boyfriend :laughing:

You have to be in the right frame of mind to have a pet, so I currently dote over others’ :smiley:

Why a turtle Ucci? that’s got me thinking :-k Tortoises are piss easy to look after… they practically do nothing. Hmmm :-k

Why a turtle. I like turtles because they live forever. I hate watching animals die, so a pet I can leave in my will is perfect for me. I like reptiles just in general. I like aquatic turtles because they are the most active reptile pet I have ever seen- they are always swimming around, exploring, digging in the sand, begging for food. Tortoises seem boring to me, and from what I read, they sound harder to care for correctly as well. Now that I am into turtles, they get more and more fascinating all the time, I could list tons of reasons why I like them. But those are the things that got me started.

Why would you get a turtle instead of a snake?

But all reptiles are cool. I liked unlocking him in Mortal Kombat.

I thought about getting a snake. Snakes are really cool in theory, especially if you wrap mythology/stereotypes/legends up in them. But if you peel away all that cool ass fantasy stuff, in reality snakes tend to be

1.) Dumb as hell,
2.) Completely immobile and uninteresting 95% of the time.
3.) Rather short-lived.

I’ve heard that king cobras have a cat-like level of intelligence, but obviously there’s all sorts of additional reasons not to keep one of those, such as the constant risk of sudden and painful death.

yey thought police eat your heart out I can post on this thread. Not that it matters I could post on any thread any time if I so chose, but moron is as moron does. So anyway enough of my inane ramblings, when you have a pet do you find you are more realxed and centered and that it’s nice to have an animal around that is not human, because lts face it most humans are annoying at the best of times, and you probably shouldn’t argue and it is Christmas, and it is traditional and so on. And you get the point so, do you find like I do a dog or a cat or whatever is a really welcome calm in a shit storm of human beings who are about as calm as Buddha on PCP and crack with a shot gun and a Conservative/ Tea Party/fundamentalist Jesus freak with a nuke and a badge at Christmas, and a pet is not just for Christmas by the way, it’s for catharsis and centering. :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s a question in there somewhere, so long story short why do you have a pet?

Like bad moderators: good choice. :wink:

What?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I don’t think he necessarily meant “beg” for food - at least I hope he didn’t.
When Yoda is hungry, I give him food without him having to wait I don’t tease him but it is rather cute to see his expectant face.

That’s an adorable little turtle you have there, Ucci. Could Yoda have him as a pet or a companion please?
Will goggle get lonely?

Perhaps he will become your Master Yoda. Learn from him.

Message to Ucci.jpg

Turtles don’t really get lonely- they seem to tolerate each other’s existence at best. Though they are stackable, piling up on each other to get the best basking spots. Goggle is good at clearing up my grumpy moods though, often brought upon by this place.

Those animals are cute! They will also all be dead about the time Goggle is reaching adolescence.

Still doing equally fantastic?

Twice in the last week, I have noticed black squirrels. I think that they are black unless they are just extremely darkest brown.

Where did they come from? I have never noticed these kind of squirrels before. They are actually beautiful ~~ I suppose being that they are seemingly so rare. But I do not know for sure. Perhaps they are not rare at all.

Maybe there is still a chance that someday i will encounter a white crow or a crimson one.
Can you imagine THAT?!

They’ve probably just been covered in oil, or in soot from a coal plant.

I do not think so. I do not live around areas where that might happen.

They really were so pretty though because they were so rare - at least to me.

Hows the turtle doing?
Teaching him ninjitsu yet?

W

Oh my god

~ how cute he is. I wonder if he still exists?
Now that student is a person of compassion. Who would want to disturb such a beauty?

I wonder just how long one could sit and stare at him before feeling a need to move on.

Seeing images like that I think do wonders for the brain ~~ kind of akin to the effect that Alvin and the Chipmunks sounds have on me.