Now I have a Pet. Ask me Anything.

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: Now I have a Pet. Ask me Anything.

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:15 pm

Uccisore wrote:No way. Shipping a tropical turtle to Maine at the end of September was already something I had to think a lot about, I'm certainly not going to ship him again in November. And besides, I really like the little guy regardless of species.

Perhaps he will become your Master Yoda. Learn from him.

Message to Ucci.jpg
Message to Ucci.jpg (11.74 KiB) Viewed 488 times
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Uccisore » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:46 am

Turtles don't really get lonely- they seem to tolerate each other's existence at best. Though they are stackable, piling up on each other to get the best basking spots. Goggle is good at clearing up my grumpy moods though, often brought upon by this place.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8mPuckq ... ure=vmdshb

http://deepfreeze.it/ Curious about corrupt practices in video game journalism? Look no further.
Uccisore
The Legitimatizer

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:02 am

Thunderbolt steers all things.

I've been guided somewhat by William Blake's quote: "I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create". Just change 'system' for 'style'. - Bill

The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:09 am

I've been guided somewhat by William Blake's quote: "I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create". Just change 'system' for 'style'. - Bill

- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:22 am

- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:25 am

- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Uccisore » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:05 am

Those animals are cute! They will also all be dead about the time Goggle is reaching adolescence.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8mPuckq ... ure=vmdshb

http://deepfreeze.it/ Curious about corrupt practices in video game journalism? Look no further.
Uccisore
The Legitimatizer

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:18 pm

Still doing equally fantastic?

- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:37 pm

Twice in the last week, I have noticed black squirrels. I think that they are black unless they are just extremely darkest brown.

Where did they come from? I have never noticed these kind of squirrels before. They are actually beautiful ~~ I suppose being that they are seemingly so rare. But I do not know for sure. Perhaps they are not rare at all.

Maybe there is still a chance that someday i will encounter a white crow or a crimson one.
Can you imagine THAT?!
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:29 am

They've probably just been covered in oil, or in soot from a coal plant.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:34 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:They've probably just been covered in oil, or in soot from a coal plant.

I do not think so. I do not live around areas where that might happen.

They really were so pretty though because they were so rare - at least to me.
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat