Another Sex Thread (for Tentative)

Too bad about the kids thing. :laughing:

Feminists claim that women are constantly being objectified and keep being seen simply as sexual objects. They leave out the part about woman objectifying men just as much and the fact that woman deliberately try to turn themselves into sexual objects by using things like high heels and make up. And there’s nothing wrong with that. But let’s not pretend it isn’t real.

Hmm, I thought Playgirl was mostly for gay men.

I’m not convinced that the majority of women (or men) objectify themselves or their potential partners. To take a Spears or Kardashian and conflate that over all women might be a bit of hyperbole.

The sad reality is that the “visual whores” - both men and women - train our children to objectify themselves and others. What is a twelve year old boy supposed to think when A Spears wannabe sticks her muff in the camera? Sex sells, but it sells alienation along with it’s product. Just own the right car, use the right deoderant, drink the right beer, and you’re guaranteed to get sexual satisfaction. That’s what we teach our children. Fortunately most people grow past the superficial. That’s good, because survival of the specie demands a bit more than a quick fuck in the alley behind the bar.

Really ? That’s great. The fact that you are not convinced. It’s great. And relevant.
Maybe we can continue this conversation once you A, have open your eyes and B, have learned a thing or two about evolutionary psychology.

Sex is not the only thing that is removed from its original conception. So is working for food instead of hunting for it. Among a host of other things. Besides, people will eventually be having sex with virtual simulations, no other human body needed.

I think even then, sex can be aggressive or loving, degraded or healthy. Though this is really describing technology-aided masturbation, not sex (no judgment intended).

Oh my goodness! My apologies! I forgot that any opinion expressed by volchok can be considered gospel. Pfft. Poseur… Your reputation preceeds you…

Yes, by definition, but tell that the user who is as visually stimulated as the real thing. My point is that females during the transition period of this tech will long for the days of being objectified for the sake of human touch.

That’s an interesting thought, nano.

This is not an opinion being expressed, it’s an observation of reality. It’s not my view, it’s what can be observed. You just seem to be completely ignorant of evolutionary psychology.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: And of course, anything you observe is true reality. It couldn’t possibly be just your opinion of what reality might be. I doubt that evolutionary psychology explains reality to perfection, but if it includes your perspective, I’ll be happy to remain ignorant. Objectification is a part - a small part - of being human, but it isn’t everything for everyone.

I read about, thought about, learned about it, and thought about it again. I didn’t come up with any of this. It’s not my original thought. So no, it’s not an opinion.

Nice straw man.

I don’t know… Sometimes all you want is a good fuck, and couldnt care less who your partner is as long as she’s hot… Nothing wrong with that… Women do it too, they’re just less open about it.

I guess I don’t see the problem with using eachother for sex and nothing else…

I don’t see a problem, personally. But I also don’t see why a one night stand can’t be a situation where you really open up to another. I mean, that’s essential to what a ‘good fuck’ is, in my book. I think aggression naturally leads to bad fucking.

It’s your opinion. It started as someone else’s, and you agree with them. That’s how opinions work.

Wrong.
Scientific knowledge is not opinion.
How hard is that to get ?

O_H,

Nice try, but wasted effort. Volchok’s thinking runs in a channel about 3mm wide and 30 meters deep…

By all means, show me the science behind your opinions of what feminist theory says. A few p-values would work wonders to convince me that feminists all think only men do the objectifying.

First of all, my “opinions” of what feminist theory says ? How can one have opinions about what is part of feminist theory or not ? You can have opinions on the validity of the arguments presented but feminist theory is out there for anyone to see, read and think about. I’m not making shit up.

Secondly, some feminists argue that only man do sexual objectification and others argue that both man and woman do it but man do it more and that is really really bad…

From wikipedia.

If you want to further expand you knowledge on this topic just read about feminist theory.

On that note, feminism is NOT the proposition that man and woman should have equal rights. That is simply one of the many propositions of that movement. If feminist simply meant equal rights, then you could count me in. I would be a feminist.
However, feminist theory is about a lot of other things like privilege and patriarchy, concepts that rest on demonstrably false premises.