What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Orbie » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:29 am

Smears: have a great trip, you should be leaving soon. Magj show business is very tough, I know, my daughter totally got layered by it, she was on top of the world last year, then got ruined badly that she had literally to be rescued. But it was in asia, and I would imagine there in london, things are probably more tame. I tell her not to give up on it, but she is very discouraged, buts its in her blood, so I don't know.
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance

In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:05 am

Magsj wrote:... why did I say yes to the role when my instincts were screaming no at me :-?

For the same reason I got one of these today. Because in spite of your good judgement, it's something that you really enjoy and all that kinda stuff.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/ ... 7784_image
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby SIATD v2 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:51 am

Magsj wrote:Gave up a Saturday of hot partying for filming instead, and was subjected to a Director who didn't know what he wanted... why did I say yes to the role when my instincts were screaming no at me :-?

Egoism would be my guess. Being on camera means being the centre of attention. That's why pretty much everyone who goes on TV goes on TV.
It's like going to heaven and finding God smokin' crack!
Magsj wrote:I met a guy who abhorred all authority figures but he was lovely ergo.. the two can go together.
SIATD v2
One Man Pussy Riot

Postby MagsJ » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:35 pm

Is that legal Smears? That's some toy you got yourself there... :shock:

SIATD v2 wrote:
Magsj wrote:Gave up a Saturday of hot partying for filming instead, and was subjected to a Director who didn't know what he wanted... why did I say yes to the role when my instincts were screaming no at me :-?

Egoism would be my guess. Being on camera means being the centre of attention. That's why pretty much everyone who goes on TV goes on TV.
No... I did it as a favour to the writer, but at my better judgement, so nothing to do with ego dude... remember, I'm not an open book.
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:38 pm

Dude I've been the guy on the street bitching about my local politics on local tv about 10 times. For a few years I worked with this group of people who did a lot of film stuff. Then one of them got a job at a local affiliate of cbs, and since I was her boss at her other job, (she had 2 jobs), and she thought I was the man, when they gave her the job of assigning stories and dispatching reporters, I got to go on tv and talk about my super hot chicken wings that I was entering into a contest, and I also got to talk about how the police in my city were corrupt one time, and another time I criticized the installing of a fancy park in a blighted area as a waste of money because the demographic nearby is notorious for destroying things, and they places this multi million dollar park in the middle of an area where there's a rape or assault about every 45 minutes normally. Seriously....if you stand there at night you will hear gunshots I'll bet you $100 any time.

Right now, I'm working on getting some people to get their asses over here with my money. I've got this guy who received some funds and who was afraid that someone might try and snatch them from his account, so I've got about 3k floating in the air waiting to hit my paypal account once it clears. Should be today, maybe tomorrow. Probably tomorrow.

Basically, once that hits, and my friend who's going gets his stack that's on the way, we will get into the car and head to Florida.
I've got new luggage, I had my oil changed, I went and paid this pack of kids to clean my car inside and out....so clean that not even a drug dog could stop my vacation.

So I'm packed, I'm planned, I'm ready, and I've got a stack to take to the craps table, which is the only things I really....really want to do because I have no crap tables around here, (except the illegal ones, and there you can't bed odds against the house, you've got to convince people to side-bet which is completely lame).

I also inadvertently picked up a smith and wesson m&p15 yesterday. It's a fairly high end variant of the ar-15, which is the semi-auto, (civilian) version of the m-16. I've gone through a handful of these things in the past, but all the one's I've had have been either sniper configurations, or infantry ones. The one I picked up yesterday is only about 35 inches long with the stock collapsed, I got 100rds of ammo for free with it, and it's got the threaded barrel and the flash hider, so that I can sneak and shoot things and night either quietly, or without making a flash, (yes...I know how to make a homemade suppressor, but really no I would never do that because it would be a violation of the NFA. So I'll probably just stick with the flash hider. It came with flip up sights that attach to the picatinny rail, and now I'm looking at whether to get an EOtech holosight, or should I go ahead with the Schmidt and Bender light collecting scope? It's only got a 16 inch barrel, so while I can tag at 100 yards with it with some effectiveness, it's really a short range indoor kind of combat rifle.

Maybe I'll put the EOtech on there and go practive rolling around in the dirt climbing trees and shit and shooting metal versions of people testing myself for speed and accuracy.

Yes...that's what I'll do.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:41 pm

Magsj wrote:Is that legal Smears? That's some toy you got yourself there... :shock:

Oh absolutely. In America, you can go and get one of those at the store down the street when you're 18, in about 15 minutes with an ID and a little cash. I've had several in the past. Altogether there was a time when I owned about 40 guns. I have a great big safe that I keep most of them in. A lot of them come and go as I'll buy them, play with them, and then sell them to go and buy different ones. I've shot almost every gun made in the last 100 years probably. I've even got an old british .303 enfield from your great nation. It's an old one. I've got a spanish mauser from ww2 that's rechambered for .308 I can shoot probably 300 yards with it from a bench. It's insane.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:45 pm

SIATD....can I come and hunt foxes with dogs in England with you? I'm not actually a hunter. I've been in the woods once when I was a kid and saw a deer, but I didn't shoot it because I had no rifle skills at the age of like 8 or 9. BUT....I have gone out before to a place where a friend has a lot of land, and I've shot some pigs. You don't actually hunt them. You just kind of go onto the area where they reside, and then they start to hunt you. The best bet is to be in a tree, so that you don't get gored by a pig with big horns, and you can just shoot them from up high and watch the heads explode. It's nasty. I only did it once and I didn't take the pigs home I let some other guys have em.

You know people go into the woods and kill animals and eat them? I mean, I know it happens, but to have seen it that time was pretty freaky. I've been reloading my own ammo since I was a kid and someone taught me how, but almost every round I've ever fired has been at a piece of paper hanging downrange.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:00 pm

I like this song about egos.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby SIATD v2 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:02 pm

Smears wrote:SIATD....can I come and hunt foxes with dogs in England with you?

No, for all kinds of reasons, not least of which is I'm not some landed gentry sociopath who kills animals for fun.
It's like going to heaven and finding God smokin' crack!
Magsj wrote:I met a guy who abhorred all authority figures but he was lovely ergo.. the two can go together.
SIATD v2
One Man Pussy Riot

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:05 pm

This one, while completely unrelated was from a tv show I saw recently and I liked it. You guys might not know this, but I can play the blues guitar such that tears will form in your eyes. I've got my first electric guitar 20 years, 1 month, and a week or so ago. That's beside the point. But I've gotta brag. It's in my nature.

This one isn't bad either.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:10 pm

SIATD v2 wrote:
Smears wrote:SIATD....can I come and hunt foxes with dogs in England with you?

No, for all kinds of reasons, not least of which is I'm not some landed gentry sociopath who kills animals for fun.

Well if they're overpopulated, you'd be doing the environment a favor. I think hunting is a little weird myself, to be honest, but where I live, if they put limits on how many deer someone can kill, by the end of the year the fucking things will be jumping around the freeways and in the streets of the cities. They breed like.....deer I guess. It's totally common for people's cars to get smashed here by them. And they don't hit the front of the car, the run into the side of it as you're going down the road because they suck at depth perception and timing. You'll just be riding along and suddenly, "SMACK!!", your fucking window falls out in your lap and there's blood on you. Fucking gross man.

I'd still hunt a fox in England because it's like...some kind of cultural thing? I dunno. I'd do it. I have some friends who go to Zimbabwe and shoot zebras and lions and cheetahs and shit. They've got heads all over their house just hanging on the walls. They actually hunt like mad. Fuckers bought all this land, then fenced it in, then had elk and moose and shit shipped in to breed on the land there, and then they go out and hunt and kill them. It's fucking insane.

When I was a kid I'd shoot the hummingbirds that came to my mom's hummingbird feeder with my little bb gun. And for a long time, I didn't get that it was fucked up to kill those birds, I just didn't understand why she wasn't proud of me for being able to hit those tiny bastards. Now I put birdseed all over my yard so that I can get high in the spring and go watch them all munch and do bird things all peacefully and stuff.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:14 pm

obe wrote:Smears: have a great trip, you should be leaving soon. Magj show business is very tough, I know, my daughter totally got layered by it, she was on top of the world last year, then got ruined badly that she had literally to be rescued. But it was in asia, and I would imagine there in london, things are probably more tame. I tell her not to give up on it, but she is very discouraged, buts its in her blood, so I don't know.

It's gonna be a great one.

In her blood? Are you a famous actor?

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Orbie » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:43 pm

Smears wrote:
obe wrote:Smears: have a great trip, you should be leaving soon. Magj show business is very tough, I know, my daughter totally got layered by it, she was on top of the world last year, then got ruined badly that she had literally to be rescued. But it was in asia, and I would imagine there in london, things are probably more tame. I tell her not to give up on it, but she is very discouraged, buts its in her blood, so I don't know.

It's gonna be a great one.

In her blood? Are you a famous actor?

Not at all I am not an actor. My daughter tried her hand at it. I am just a regular guy.

In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-

Full well your need-as
you be men
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie

Postby MagsJ » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:44 pm

Procrastinating for a bit whilst supping upon my home-made vin rouge.. before showering after cardio, and then off to post all the eBay items I've sold... all 20 of them :shock:

Smears, you crack me up :P If ever you're around London way I'd be happy to show you the nightlife scene and daytime fun... but anything immoral is down to you to sort... :-?
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:32 am

Work-out before bed... gotta be up at the crack of dawn for filming for the next three days... I'm really not an early-morning person #-o

Put myself on the guest-list for parties this weekend, so I can play hard after the week is over :P
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:07 am

Drove 12 hours overnight. In Orlando now. Finishing some stuff up here tonight, and thinking of doing a Disney thing tomorrow. Never been, probably won't go. This town is loaded to the brim with young, fit Hispanic women. I'm going tonight to a bar managed by a friend where I will probably black out. I've slept 3 hours, not consecutive in the last 24 without stimulants. I'm talking slow and loosing focus and going out drinking in 1 hour.

Disposed of the weapon before leaving town. I had it less than 24 hours and I got an hour or twos worth of crap table money out of it. Not bad. Wish me luck. If I win, I keep traveling.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:13 am

That's some adventure Smears...
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:18 am

Day 1. I'm not even halfway to Miami yet I've got two more cities before, then a cruise then Miami then another cruise then another Florida tour of cities or what have you and I guess I've gotta be home to chop down trees in November or I'll be all messed up so the end is already in sight its very depressing really.....drinks.....yes.....drinks

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Orbie » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:26 am

Smears, try to reduce every sight existentially, then the trip will never really end.

In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-

Full well your need-as
you be men
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:27 am

Where is xeno when I need him?

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:51 am

OK so now I'm in St Augustine. Beautiful place. I slept some more. Good times.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:49 am

I am scanning eBay for watches so I can know whether the duty free is a good deal. Anyone know any online sources for duty free comparison shopping, particularly for watches?2

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:30 pm

My bro bought a Breitling duty-free and he saved loads of dough, so DF is better value... I think he googled the watch he wanted and cross-compared across many sites to check... I do the same, and it always works ;)

Oh, and fuck you about not replying back about meeting up if ever you are down London way :obscene-birdiered:
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:40 pm

Slept about 10 hours in the last three days, got a day's rest today, and then a 5am alarm to get to set for 6.30am for the new Keira Knightley film tomorrow in EC..somewhere, so chilling with my wine and a steak dinner for now :P
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:21 pm

I'm plotting a Europe trip for the spring. I'm coming to crash your party!

Also, I was once in the audience of the David Letterman show and kiera knightley was the guest. Or was it Kate beckinsale? Magsj you know most of my friends here do production. Commercials etc... a fun crowd without a doubt.

The watch I want is 1400 at Macy's, 1000 on eBay. Duty free is gonna have to beat 800 or I'm just gonna wait out how long it takes to snipe one for cheap. I had the original tag f1 in the 90s. They discontinued it, came back out with it and now its got a chronograph. Whawhawhattttt? How can I not have one?

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat