What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: What are you doing?

Postby MagsJ » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:00 pm

Finishing reading the news on-line, whilst eating lunch and supping upon some home-made red... a lazy day indeed
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:42 pm

Magsj wrote:What quantities do you want of each? Will pm you my PayPal shortly so we can get this ball rolling...

..just woke up, and put a wash on that's been lieing around for weeks (probably only because now two of my favourite pairs of jeans are in it, and my versatile black Gap tee) then made my usual breakfast of 4 scrambled egg-whites n tomato, a small bowl of Eat GF museli, and a cuppa.. with my daily cocktail of iron, calcium, cod liver oil, and multi-vitamin n mineral tablets to follow.

Def gonna have another tea after this one, then cardio time.. coz I'll be stoked on the caffeine.

One of each is good. I like cigars, but I don't smoke them every day. And I'll be able to pick some up in October.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby MagsJ » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:14 pm

Watching '8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown' - such fantastical humour they have...
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Orbie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:21 pm

I am trying to be there when school opens so that I can pick up the kids on time, but the wife is late as usual to drop me, and the school is very strict and they complain to the parents if I am late, and I can''t blame my wife because of all her good attributes, one thing she is not good at is budgeting two things: time and money.
While we are whisking through hollywood, I am thinking of some kind of return home, and home has been stretched from the glimmering atlantic to pacific coasts. Hurry up. I want to be there on time to pick up the kids.
Joanie always cries when going into the classroom. I have to hand her to the teacher, who assures me she only cries a few minutes.
The others are ok. Now we hit a stretch of the freeway that hasn't yet been saturated with friday rush hour, and it looks like we'll make it. Joanie angel, I may yet come through for you one more day.
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance

In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers

Postby Amorphos » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:25 pm

A short while ago I was watching reading live on TV while my daughter was there watching it live. Kinda cool connection. :)

alabama/lsu; I think I saw that, but I prefer watching green bay, patriots [most popular in England apparently], saints, oh and that Simpson guy who jumped over another guy for a touch down and landed perfectly ~ like an Olympian would dream of, and packman Jones is a real cool name.

They should change the rules back to how they were last season 2010/11, otherwise you’ll soon be playing catch .
The truth is naked,
Once it is written it is lost.
Genius is the result of the entire product of man.
The cosmic insignificance of humanity, shows the cosmic insignificance of a universe without humanity.
the fully painted picture, reveals an empty canvas
Amorphos
ILP Legend

Postby Orbie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:49 pm

obe wrote:I am trying to be there when school opens so that I can pick up the kids on time, but the wife is late as usual to drop me, and the school is very strict and they complain to the parents if I am late, and I can''t blame my wife because of all her good attributes, one thing she is not good at is budgeting two things: time and money.
While we are whisking through hollywood, I am thinking of some kind of return home. Hurry up. I want to be there on time to pick up the kids.
Joanie always cries when going into the classroom. I have to hand her to the teacher, who assures me she only cries a few minutes.
The others are ok. Now we hit a stretch of the freeway that hasn't yet been saturated with friday rush hour, and it looks like we'll make it. Joanie angel, I may yet come through for you one more day.

Whew! Made it.

Later. Got home. As usual, my daughter in law gave me her rote unappriciative smile. Last night starra and Amir gave us some grass. Still a buzz. Watched old original Hitchcock (c 1932) of "the man who knew too much, asked Star if she is serious about finding job with PETA, she says, next week, and she is worried about finding job, since her disability just ran out....

In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-

Full well your need-as
you be men
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie

Postby Amorphos » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:54 pm

You guys have disability that runs out lol? Has she stopped being disabled? ..if you take my point.

hope she is successful
The truth is naked,
The cosmic insignificance of humanity, shows the cosmic insignificance of a universe without humanity.
Amorphos
ILP Legend

Postby Orbie » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:30 am

There is short term and long term disability. Ahort term disability is based on ilnesses lasting no longer than the amount of money in her state held account, which was the amount held fromher paychecks.
Chronic disability,or based on long term or life long ilnesses are nationally funded by he social security system.-she is on state disability.
State being the State of California, where we live

In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-

Full well your need-as
you be men
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie

Postby Orbie » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:33 am

obe wrote:There is short term and long term disability. Ahort term disability is based on ilnesses lasting no longer than the amount of money in her state held account, which was the amount held fromher paychecks.

Her disability is based on clinical depression. That's before started on street drugs. Now she seems fine but I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Chronic disability,or based on long term or life long ilnesses are nationally funded by he social security system.-she is on state disability.
State being the State of California, where we live

In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-

Full well your need-as
you be men
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie

Postby Amorphos » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:47 am

Oh I see, well I have great sympathy with that, I sincerely hope she comes out of it. I can only wish good will on you and yours, there has to be finite ways to manage these things, and I assume that’s what the US system organises itself by ~ which is fine. :)
The truth is naked,
Amorphos
ILP Legend

Postby Orbie » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Amorphos wrote:Oh I see, well I have great sympathy with that, I sincerely hope she comes out of it. I can only wish good will on you and yours, there has to be finite ways to manage these things, and I assume that’s what the US system organises itself by ~ which is fine. :)

Thanks! As far as how well the govenance is a satisfactory avenue for a happy resolution remains to be seen. I am not so sure about her desire and ability to utilise these avenues.

In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-

Full well your need-as
you be men
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:51 am

Just finished watching Alabama beat the shit out of Michigan.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Orbie » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:46 pm

Getting out of bed. Heading back to LA from Vegas. Was in church yesterday, my distant cousin who is in a gay marriage said he almost walked out of church when the homily went to the sin fullness of gay marriage, abortion. The priest said regular dignity of life issues are bad enough , but when during a chemical abortion, foetuses are killed, that is an outrage.
I think he has a point there, but, the global explosion of population doesn't justify the absolutism inherent in making all forms of birth control a sin. My son thinks we have to go back early to avoid the traffic.

In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-

Full well your need-as
you be men
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:44 am

I think you should have to fill out like 100 government forms before you have a kid.

Right now, I'm watching the movie "blades of glory". It's hilarious. I watch it often. I try and keep a constant rotation of comedy films in front of me at all times. Usually the same ones over and over.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby captaincrunk » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:25 am

getting down with my bad self
captaincrunk
BANNED

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:20 pm

Smears wrote:....Man the world doesn't cost as much if you don't need much from it.

Wise words Smears...once I stripped off some of the wood. :lol:
And especially if what you need costs nothing except for some good time spent paying attention and appreciating it.
Joseph Joubert ~~

It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

“We love repose of mind so well, that we are arrested by anything which has even the appearance of truth; and so we fall asleep on clouds.”

You have to be like the pebble in the stream, keeping the grain and rolling along without being dissolved or dissolving anything else.
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:16 am

Man, I go through about $150 in plant nutrients alone every month, and it's costing about $100 a month in electricity. Inevitably though, it always pays for itself.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Orbie » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:29 pm

I am outside thinking of a guy named josh I recently met at school. Well, my grandkids school. And thinking of picturing You smears sitting on couch and smoking. I locked myself out of my house which I will soon have to move out of, and thinking it may be just a minor adjustment to readjust to downtown from the suburbs. I'd like to smoke too and enjoy minimally, although I son't remain the same. Well same but much much deeper. But no worries have been there countless of times, and it's no fun coming up again. How low can I go? A through hell and back, and still able toi talk about it.

Waiting for wife to come home so can go into the house, then supper at my daughter and her fiance. Maybe another vintage hitchcock I bought them, but they want to watch the modern version of "The man who knew too much" lots of color, but less depth. Maybe they will put it on.

In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-

Full well your need-as
you be men
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie

Postby MagsJ » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:46 pm

...feeling the ache in my thighs after hours of dancing at a Cirque de Bacanal brunch/party in town, but it was so worth the pain I'm feeling now 8-[ and I got through it all while pretty much sober.

Was an f'ing hilarious day man :P
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:26 am

Nearly set a record today for miles driven and errands completed in the shortest amount of time, I think.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:17 pm

I think I've died and gone to (late) party-season heaven :P

Watering plants in the garden that are looking kinda thirsty in the early-Autumn sun...

Smoking a cig...

Watching some Sunday afternoon TV whilst I type...

Thinking about cooking a sirloin steak and fine green beans that have my name all over them...

About to learn a script for tomorrow :|
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:07 pm

I love to party all year magsj. 27 days till the islands.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:43 am

Just finished eating my morning eggs, which I'm now washing down with a tea... Tetleys.

Starting to put the rest of the clothes shoes and bags I don't use on eBay.. to make me a few 100 £££s in total, which I will put towards a 43"+ plasma TV

Reading the news online.

Checking for new castings.

Reading my Facebook updates.

Trying to shake off this sniffle I caught last night, which my immune system lets happen on da regs due to the compromising position being celiac has put it in for now.
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby SIATD v2 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:32 am

Posting on ILP, obviously...
It's like going to heaven and finding God smokin' crack!
Magsj wrote:I met a guy who abhorred all authority figures but he was lovely ergo.. the two can go together.
SIATD v2
One Man Pussy Riot

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:45 am

Thinking about booze and bitches.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat