What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: What are you doing?

Postby promethean75 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:20 am

Here rock out on this dude

From the first album. You'd be struck by lightning before you ever heard this on the radio.
https://youtu.be/4xGRVRS_bFI
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:32 am

Yeah here's the other one. I remembered there were two jams on this album but couldn't think of the names. Last time I heard this I was eighteen.

https://youtu.be/SRKZ_f67vTw
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:51 pm

I wanna learn how to pop wheelies on my bikes so any guidance or advice would be appreciated. Smears.

I've researched how to do it extensively online but I'm still chicken because I'm afraid the bike'll jump out from under me.

The dude in the video demonstrated how to do it in slower speeds and it sounds simple. At around forty you're in third gear. Then you do this all at once: pull the clutch, twist the throttle (in a quick jerk), and release the clutch during the rev. This down shift in higher rpms causes the front to pop up.... okay, but what if you twist too much... like how do you know how much is enough until you've done it... but then it's too late if you twisted it too much.

I'm not worried about getting hurt. I can leap aside if I spill it. It's the bikes man. I cant risk layin em down.

What do you think, Mr. R? Would you advise against learning how to pop wheelies on a cbr600rr or a sv1000s in near mint condition? Is one advised to use a learner bike instead, perhaps?
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:53 pm

..wondering how I was supposed to respond to emails, if I never received them? :icon-rolleyes:
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

Nobilis Est Ira Leonis | Om Surya Devaay namah | Manus justa nardus
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Location: London, NC1 … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …Suryaloka.. the sun

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:01 pm

I instantly feel Instantly better after that post.. my Dharma/Karma game is strong ..though I think that being called a prat and a coconut, yesterday, was less annoying than this.

I’m going to watch Jeepers Creepers 3 after I’ve finished my dinner, and scare the shit out of myself. :|
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

MagsJ

Postby promethean75 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:03 pm

https://streamable.com/2va4rk

I'm performing a sacred irish rite in honor of Eriu, but y'all probably won't understand what's going on here because I'm half irish and have ancient Celtic roots like the cranberries.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:31 pm

-
He was at it again.. this time at dawn, but he didn’t
go unscathed in his scuffle with his large prey.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:47 pm

MagsJ wrote:I’m going to watch Jeepers Creepers 3 after I’ve finished my dinner, and scare the shit out of myself. :|

Not as good as its prequels 1 and 2, but a good watch.. that guy’s a right a-hole.. talk about taking no prisoners alive. :|

Wasn’t scary in the slightest, so I’ll be sleeping soundly.. as usual.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:25 am

-
Listening to Siri cracking jokes, for my amusement..

I asked him if he was a comedian, he said he didn’t
understand.. he doesn’t understand a lot, it seems.

MagsJ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:42 am

promethean75 wrote:No she's right. Journey's mystique is impervious to scandal. It doesn't matter what kind of drama those guys are involved in. Their power ballads remain timeless.

Bruh. Paula White.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby promethean75 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:49 pm

Guess what I did. I'm at the car wash washing ludwig van and I get the big idea to spray the engine down. You know, lightly... hold the wand up high and give it a good twice over to wash the dirt and grime and shit off. Of course I knew the risk of getting water in something where it shouldnt be... but goddamn I hardly sprayed it. I mean I wasn't fucking power washing the damn thing, ya know?

So I pull out of the bay and Ludwig won't shift out of second. Check engine light comes on. Sonofabitch I shorted the goddamn computer out or something and now the transmission is all retarded.

But y'all cant fuck with me. I pulled the code with a fucking paper clip and went straight to the throttle body sensor. Jack pot. Cost me $40 and an hour of time.

Y'all'da spent 400 gotdamn dollars and been none the wiser. Course y'all prolly wouldnt have sprayed the engine down... but that's because you're afraid to take risks like me... afraid to build your cities at the base of vesuvius.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:02 pm

Good rescue..

Are you supposed to spray engines down though? I’m not a driver.. I don’t know.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:50 pm

Watching Donald Trump All-American Billionaire

Storyline

Emily Maitlis tells the story of Donald Trump, the world's most famous developer, who changed the New York skyline with his glitzy towers and made himself a multi-billionaire.

MagsJ

Postby Ecmandu » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:25 am

Trump is a mafia princess who’s actually in debt.

His father gave him 200 million dollars. If you count inflation, even the money trump claims to have means that he actually lost money from his inheritance.

Trump is a sociopath. But then, so is general America. Trump is a narcissist, but then so is general America. Trump is poorly educated, but then is most of America.

It’s always made sense to me why most ILPers like trump. He’s a shithead with a microphone. Make you think less of me to say that about ILPers? Shouldn’t, because apparently you’re all moral nihilists. Oh wait! That’s logic! Fuck moral nihilists hate logic! So you’re a hypocrite to hate me, because your hatred requires logic!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby surreptitious75 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:56 am

I saw some of that programme too Mags which was quite interesting even though its ten years old so I think its been on before
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
Philosopher

Postby surreptitious75 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:02 am

I dont like or dislike Trump nor do I hate you Ecmandu and so either way dont conform to your stereotype of the members here
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:00 am

surreptitious75 wrote:
I saw some of that programme too Mags which was quite interesting even though its ten years old so I think its been on before

It’s been on a few times.. it seems, but I never saw it then. When the interviewer said that Trump was 63, I realised then that it was an old show.

I found it to be a very interesting show indeed, but about 10 minutes out and I wanted it to end, because I wanted to go sleep.. those last 10 minutes felt like an eternity. :|

F5BCF3EE-9BF6-4AFD-B33A-F3BAC3C71215.jpeg
F5BCF3EE-9BF6-4AFD-B33A-F3BAC3C71215.jpeg (56.73 KiB) Viewed 292 times

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:47 pm

-
As of tonight, starting a 30 day detox program. This one contains ingredients that really cleanse the blood, organs, lymphatic system etc.. one a day for 30 days.. I’m going to be so cleansed. My physician thinks I need detoxing, so instead of taking his prescribed homeopathic poisonous potions, I’m going to try the simpler route to a cleansed system.

Once this detox is over, I might start detoxing either every weekend or every other weekend, to ensure that my system doesn’t descend into a state of fatigue again.

I paid a lot less than even that, when I got to the till.

AC4C2C99-FD34-4D5C-B7F2-24DD05BA6942.jpeg
AC4C2C99-FD34-4D5C-B7F2-24DD05BA6942.jpeg (40.93 KiB) Viewed 286 times

43403DF7-5849-4610-9A56-62886CF7F67D.jpeg
43403DF7-5849-4610-9A56-62886CF7F67D.jpeg (46.61 KiB) Viewed 286 times

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:14 am

-
..coming off Tik Tok for the night, after catching bear jokes first.. might be my last, as the U.K. is also thinking of banning the app from its shores, just like the US have. The Gram is just not as funny as Tik Tok and will never be..

Well that first cup of detox tea worked instantly, in soothing and calming my usually uneasy gut, so would highly recommend it to anyone.

2F08C171-4A35-4C29-8C7A-9B6CF27C50EB.jpeg
2F08C171-4A35-4C29-8C7A-9B6CF27C50EB.jpeg (33.49 KiB) Viewed 276 times

Description

- 100% natural ingredients
- Contains Oolong Tea, Lotus Leaf, Southern Ginseng, Cassia Seeds, Hemp Seeds, Honeysuckle and Stevia

Cho-Yung's 100% natural ingredients work in synergy together so much better than they could if you were to have them on their own, which is what makes Cho-Yung so unique. Drinking Cho-Yung Tea will help you to feel fresh, which often means you do not fancy eating fatty or sweet foods.

Ingredients:

Oolong tea leaf, Lotus Leaf, Gynostemma Leaf, Poria, Alisma Rhizome]

MagsJ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:39 am

promethean75 wrote:I wanna learn how to pop wheelies on my bikes so any guidance or advice would be appreciated. Smears.

I've researched how to do it extensively online but I'm still chicken because I'm afraid the bike'll jump out from under me.

The dude in the video demonstrated how to do it in slower speeds and it sounds simple. At around forty you're in third gear. Then you do this all at once: pull the clutch, twist the throttle (in a quick jerk), and release the clutch during the rev. This down shift in higher rpms causes the front to pop up.... okay, but what if you twist too much... like how do you know how much is enough until you've done it... but then it's too late if you twisted it too much.

I'm not worried about getting hurt. I can leap aside if I spill it. It's the bikes man. I cant risk layin em down.

What do you think, Mr. R? Would you advise against learning how to pop wheelies on a cbr600rr or a sv1000s in near mint condition? Is one advised to use a learner bike instead, perhaps?

It'll be easier on the SV with all that torque. If you fail to get the wheel up 100 times then finally manage it, then you learn without wrecking the bike. If you go too hard and loop it then you wreck it. I'd start slow and ease up until you get it. With the CBR just get the rpms up and hold em there then pop the throttle a little bit and see how hard you've gotta hit to to pop that front wheel up. Balance is key. Good luck and make sure you've got frame sliders.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby phoneutria » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:15 pm

hahahahahaha boys are so dumb
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming

Postby promethean75 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:21 pm

I call bullshit. You know you think guys popping wheelies on motorcycles is totally hot. Stop frontin.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:26 pm

Pick one:

:violence-smack:

:romance-kisslips:
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby phoneutria » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:47 pm

yeah of course
i'm exactly the kind of person who'd be impressed by the pointlessly risking of hard-earned property
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming

Postby iambiguous » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:11 pm

phoneutria wrote:yeah of course
i'm exactly the kind of person who'd be impressed by the pointlessly risking of hard-earned property

Score one for :violence-smack:
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat