What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: What are you doing?

Postby promethean75 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:05 am

Because the ruskies do it better....

https://streamable.com/3upuu
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:32 pm

lost my first informal race today on the sv1000s. the dude was on a big ass ninja, at least 900 ccs, and in mint condition. plus he was all accessorized out; riding gear that matched the bike, so you know he was very experienced and probably poppin fookin wheelies and shit on a dirt bike when he was a kid.

so we ended up beside each other at a red light. our eyes meet. a nod. a rev. it's gotta happen now, and there was no backing out. i began to tremble. my life passed before my eyes. that time i found the lizard while on a boy scouts camping trip. our ride up the cable cars on the swiss alps. when grandma taught me how to rake the thatch from the grass. the time my father told me: 'son, there's three kinds of people. people who make things happen, people who watch what happens, and people who wonder what happened.

first thing i'm thinking is 'i'm gonna gun this fucker and its gonna jump right out from under me', so i'm a little nervous, right. light turns green and he's gone. and me? sure enough, i'm not aggressive enough and my launch was all wrong. when racing bikes, the lauch is everything. if you fuck that up, you cut your chances of victory in half. anyway when i hit second i twisted that fucker to twelve thousand rpms and started gaining.... but by that time we were both way above the speed limit and had to back off. so in the 0-60 he smoked me... but that's not to say i wouldn't have caught up with him at a buck twenty. do i think i woulda? no, i don't think so. but i don't know.

now if i was on the tiger (my cbr600rr), and got my launch right, the 0-60 woulda been mine. 2.9 seconds, kids. 60 miles an hour in first gear. two blinks of an eye.

no seriously, i dunno. that ninja was the stuff.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:31 pm

Watching NFL.. Houston Texans v Jacksonville Jaguars at Wembley Stadium.. this version is just as watchable and entertaining as Rugby League is to Rugby Union, i.e. much better for primetime TV.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:12 am

..watching the NFL show.. it’s funny, and entertaining, and everything that a sports show should be.

The ex-player commentators are now living in the UK, and loving it here, and have bestowed us with a very understandable and watchable version of the game.

Sports evolve.. like everything else.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat