What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: What are you doing?

Postby promethean75 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:34 pm

promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:36 pm

I am in hell and I spell it... I spell it DMV. Anyone that's been there knows precisely what I mean....
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:18 am

Watching news clips of this recent press conference with Trump and the pres of Finland. I love it. Trump is, without a doubt, the quintessential piece of shit. It's like some team of scientists made him in an underground laboratory underneath Virginia or something. Threw some shit in a jar and then incubated it. He's such a perfectly flawless scum-bag it's hard to imagine he didn't receive some kind of coaching. This is what raises my suspicions about the whole thing where he was put into office on purpose to drive the nail in the coffin of the Republican party once and for all. He's the most perfect symbol of everything that represents the modern bourgeoisie, that I have ever seen. It's beautiful. I do love this country... just for different... much different reasons than you. Don't misunderstand me.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Dan~ » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:10 am

Me and my friend Jmnz are working on game projects.
I'm hiring him to design a multi player text game.
When it is ready to play I will tell you.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting two of my free game projects.
Dan~
ILP Legend

Location: May the loving spirit of papa hitler watch over and bless you all.

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:19 am

So a friend of mine has started buying and selling bikes and cars like mad in the last few months and we ended up putting a few hundred miles on these Monday. Good times. The SV1000 is the blue one in the background and the closer one is an RC51 which is literally designed to kill you.
Attachments
1007191432_HDR_resized.jpg
1007191432_HDR_resized.jpg (244.45 KiB) Viewed 727 times
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby promethean75 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:11 pm

I met a dude last week who had a ninja h2. Fastest street legal bike in the world... record speed at 226mph. I got to ride it down the street and back but wasn't able to get out on the interstate with it. I don't blame him; if it were mine I'd do the same thing. You can take it around the corner BUT COME RIGHT BACK, man.this ain't your daddy's bobber you're riding.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:43 pm

promethean75 wrote:https://streamable.com/fdb74

Thats Hemingway isn't it? Not Churchill.
But then what modern bar-frequenter would know who Hemingway is.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
BTL
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby promethean75 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:19 pm

The speed demons three...

https://imgur.com/a/epMEoFk

Ducati beside me and ninja behind.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Mowk » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:30 pm

putting up my sailboat for the winter, It's got a rated top speed of 7.25 knots, but I've had it plaining out in a good blow at 10.9. That's impressive for a 23 foot 3700 pound displacement hull if you didn't know.
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:10 am

promethean75 wrote:I met a dude last week who had a ninja h2. Fastest street legal bike in the world... record speed at 226mph. I got to ride it down the street and back but wasn't able to get out on the interstate with it. I don't blame him; if it were mine I'd do the same thing. You can take it around the corner BUT COME RIGHT BACK, man.this ain't your daddy's bobber you're riding.

Those things are absurd. I remember when the zx1400 came out to beat the Hayabusa in the mid 2000s. We've come a long way since then.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:08 am

Mowk wrote:putting up my sailboat for the winter, It's got a rated top speed of 7.25 knots, but I've had it plaining out in a good blow at 10.9. That's impressive for a 23 foot 3700 pound displacement hull if you didn't know.

Must feel nice.
I've only had the pleasure of sailing a few times, but it was delicious to have the vessel carve through the water at exactly the optimal angle. Once I crossed the North Sea in a 40 foot boat and was steering it, alone on deck at night, finding that precise angle. Just a few degrees would make an enormous difference. Thats a real vessel.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
BTL
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby MagsJ » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:27 pm

After having to give away far too much blood, over the last few days, I’m currently hoping that I don’t have to take myself off to A&E.. I’m hoping that the tonne of Organic red, I drank yesterday, will top the deficit back up.

What should you eat after losing blood?

Foods such as lean red meat, poultry, fish, leafy green vegetables, brown rice, lentils and beans can all boost your haemoglobin. Vitamin C helps with iron absorption, so to get the most from the food you eat, drink a glass of vitamin C-rich fruit juice with your meal.

Sure.. the orange in my Smirnoff should suffice then.

How do you compensate blood loss?
Your body starts to compensate for blood loss by constricting the blood vessels in your limbs and extremities. This is your body's attempt to maintain your blood pressure and blood flow. This subsequently lowers the amount of blood your heart pumps outside the center of your body. Your skin may become cooler and pale.

Now that’s not a new situation I find myself in, so this’ll be a breeze.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Jakob » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:44 pm

Please go and eat a steak dinner MagsJ, with spinach preferably.

On that note no one should have to live without spinach.
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:52 pm

Seriously , though, I would rather immediately get a transfusion, after losing so much blood.
Some spinach and a steak may help pop eye , beat blue toe, but it takes balls to admit a less moderate approach.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:43 pm

Jakob: I’ve been eating plenty of foods on that list, but I don’t do cruciferi because they don’t do me, so no spinach for me, and I’ll save the vodka and orange for da weekend, ok. O:)

Meno: I don’t do transfusions.. unless I’m dying and one of my family have to sign the form on my behalf because I physically can’t, and I’m not at that point.. by far, so never had one.. even though technically I should have. I’ll remember to take my iron supps daily, ok. :D

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby promethean75 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:31 pm

So I recently pulled a job out from under the parasite I work for and cut him out. Straight ganked it from em, yo. Between me and the home owner. I rolled up on that shit like ghost recon. Nigga don't even know I got it. Laminate flooring. Wouldn't do it all the time - lotta crawling on the knees - but once in a while if the money's right.

https://streamable.com/i29fw
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:12 am

Just finished watching ‘Live at The Apollo’ with Lenny Henry first up and MCing.. the funniest he’s ever been.. finger-on-the-pulse-jokes type stuff. :D

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:12 pm

When is the next full moon? The Hunter's Moon will officially reach its full phase at 5:17 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 13, though it will appear full for about three days around then, according to NASA.

It’s safe to say, that the lingering effects of this ^^^ are in full swing. :D

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:59 pm

MagsJ wrote:
When is the next full moon? The Hunter's Moon will officially reach its full phase at 5:17 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 13, though it will appear full for about three days around then, according to NASA.

It’s safe to say, that the lingering effects of this ^^^ are in full swing. :D

..as was evident, from what I had been observing, here there and everywhere.. the lingering effects finally seem to be on the wane now, so business as usual? :lol:

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Mowk » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:29 am

Making 15 bean and ham soup and split pea and ham soup in two huge pots. 12 quarts of the bean and 8 quarts of split pea. I bought a 15 lb ham and took it over to my father in laws for dinner. Left him with some for scrambled eggs, some sandwiches and he froze a couple meals for later use. The rest we brought home.

This morning around 7:00 I trimmed down the ham and put the bones in a big pot to let simmer with some spices to make a nice broth. Last night I started soaking two bags of beans. And around 4:00 this afternoon I started chopping carrots, celery, potatoes and onions. Split the stock into the two pots and added the veggies and beans to one pot, and the veggies and peas to the other pot and got them simmering. I just cubed up a good portion of the left over ham and added it to the two pots added some more spice and left them on the heat. They'll need to simmer for another two hours or so before I can cool them down and dish it into quart jars for freezing. I love soup in the winter and winter is coming. This time of the year if I run out of steam I can set the pots out on the deck as the night time temps are around 40 degrees F. and it keeps them refrigerator cool until morning when I can finish up the process. We share a few jars with the wife's dad and a couple more with an elderly neighbor, and we end up with about 6 quarts of the bean and 6 of the split pea. Our neighbor likes the bean but not the split pea.

We have a big old chest freezer in the basement and it's always stocked with veggies from our garden meat from the butcher and soups we make along the way. The freezer is on a power back up as it's always stocked with about 3-4 months of food. If there were ever a need we be all set.

Come Halloween I'll be making an old family favorite that has been a tradition since I was a kid. Beef knuckle bone soup in the 12 quart pot. Mom use to have it hot on the stove so when we got home from trick or treat, there was a hot meal waiting before we went out for a second round. Those were the days. Soup is such a good meal when the snow starts to fly and the nights get down near zero. I can stop at the bakery on the way home from work and get a nice loaf of bread and get dinner on in a jiffy.
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:56 am

I'll have a bowl of that, if you don't mind.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Mowk » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:07 pm

Well come on over, would you like a nice chunk of warm bread with that? I'll go open a nice bottle of wine too.
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:42 pm

Carpenter-Cam, episode 27

https://streamable.com/5uwdv
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:15 am

So I'm here eating at a kind of outdoor patio bar/restaurant, right. At the table to my left four college chicks are drinking beers and cavorting. One of em yells across the table at me; 'hey, can we ride your crotch rocket?' (bikes parked behind me).

Now I was not at all prepared for this... and I said the unthinkable; 'dont you want to ride my motorcycle first?'

Now they knew they shoulda seen that coming. They practically handed it to me. Fortunately they were good spirited, laughed heartily, and everything worked out fine.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:55 am

LSU hasn't beaten Alabama since before I made this thread. Right now Alabama is ranked #1 and LSU #2. Could be a good one this year. I've got tickets to the homecoming game in Tuscaloosa and to the Iron Bowl in Auburn this year. Good stuff.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat