What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: What are you doing?

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:05 pm

Wondering where Gloominary is with his fresh topic material?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:59 am

Being awake when I should be asleep.. heard a cat fight outside my window in the adjacent gardens below and told Hunter no, who immediately came to the door to be let in without hesitation. He is such a brilliant cat to have.. apart from when he's killing birds.

Hunter's last kill, well.. not exactly a kill as a maim, so that he could play with his food while it was still kind of alive. I took it in and placed it in an egg box (the irony, I know) and covered it with a blanket of napkin, but it died a couple of hours later.. after comforting it through its last few hours.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (704.76 KiB) Viewed 504 times
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:09 am

I'm pretty sure that birds don't have any feelings.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby MagsJ » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:46 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:I'm pretty sure that birds don't have any feelings.

It was in trauma and fighting to stay alive, before it went into shock.. all the while looking at me for comfort and reassurance, and I, knowing that my cat was the cause of its imminent demise. :|

I think I really should just get up and have breakfast..

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:01 am

Fish act traumatized when you take them out of the water, that doesn't mean they have feelings. A window makes a sound when you throw a brick through it but that doesn't mean that it felt pain.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:58 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:Fish act traumatized when you take them out of the water, that doesn't mean they have feelings. A window makes a sound when you throw a brick through it but that doesn't mean that it felt pain.

Do not disrespect the memory of my little birdy buddy by calling him feelingless.. he deserves better than that.

So great was his pain that he had gripped onto me so tight, in an attempt to ease it.. such things are borne from feeling.

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:13 pm

Whatever you say.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby promethean75 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:59 pm

"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."

- D. H. Lawrence
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:54 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:Whatever you say.

promethean75 wrote:"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."

- D. H. Lawrence

It was a crow..

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:41 am

My, the birds are noisy this morning.. their tweetings and cawings dominating the North-Central London skies, and I am hungry, and so the cat and I shall breakfast early.

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Meno_ » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:50 pm

MagsJ wrote:My, the birds are noisy this morning.. their tweetings and cawings dominating the North-Central London skies, and I am hungry, and so the cat and I shall breakfast early.

Strange, here in French Polynesia as well. !
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:13 pm

Meno_ wrote:
MagsJ wrote:My, the birds are noisy this morning.. their tweetings and cawings dominating the North-Central London skies, and I am hungry, and so the cat and I shall breakfast early.

Strange, here in French Polynesia as well. !

..but a more exotic variety of bird for you, I'm guessing.. here, it's crows, seagulls, magpies, owls, and other species I've not seen around before.. some being rare.

A few years ago my sister and I were watching the morning news (she was crashing at mine for a period of time) and a story about a very rare bird sighting came on, and then we both automatically looked into the garden (we were always in sync from a young age) only to see one.. and then another.

Such is my life, as to be the experiencer of rare and odd happenings.

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Dan~ » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:48 pm

I got canned milk, green tea with ginseng, natural cane sugar, and I'm ready to drink a lot of this.

I hope it is healthy.
I mean, green tea is good, ginseng is good, and milk should have what a calf would need.

Before this, i made a lot of pasta.
Spinach fettucini with marinara and cheese.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting two of my free game projects.
Dan~
ILP Legend

Location: May the loving spirit of papa hitler watch over and bless you all.

Postby MagsJ » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:35 pm

Getting into a routine (out of boredom) of going up after watching Love Island, or after another programme or two after Love Island, from where I can unwind until a new dawn.. for without the capacity to do more one cannot do more.

No bird noise tonight, no sound of cars or the city at night.. it's eerily quiet, but Wednesday's always are.. even the birds know that.

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:16 pm

..about to make a tea, after just finishing a chicken and rice dinner, after working out.. using my boredom wisely.

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:52 am

..reassessing my life.. goals, aims, wants, needs, future.. not so much bleak as not really ever thought about it much, at all.

What made me do so now, today.. a constant stream of DMs from randoms (and the odd neighbour :| ).. leading me to.. is this what my life has come to? or do they think that this is how my life should be/is about? either way.. no.

At least the dull harsh ache of post-workout malaise will distract me from the unimportant, so that I can focus on the important.. I have of late been neglecting some responsibilities that I've signed up for and so must fulfill. 8-[

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:44 pm

Avoiding the 92 degree Fahrenheit weather with mega humidity. It's like a slow cooker outside.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Meno_ » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:48 pm

Trying to make amends in comedy
Of errors.

Hot here as well drinking every day, my sobriety on hold for the time being.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby promethean75 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:59 pm

"But this people has deliberately made itself stupid, for nearly a millennium: nowhere have the two great ILPean narcotics, alcohol and Christianity, been abused more dissolutely." - nietzsche
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:50 pm

shopping. i got six grand to drop on a bike, but i don't know what to get. currently i'm looking at a bmw, honda cb500 and a yamaha vmax1200. here's the thing; i don't want a crotch rocket because they're incredibly uncomfortable on long trips... neither do i need to go 160 miles an hour down the street. i don't want a harley softtail sportster type bike either because i'm already certain of my manhood and i don't willingly listen to ac/dc anymore. it's gotta be a sport-tourer style bike. the cb500 is a beauty and a great deal for the price... but a 500 might become boring. on the other hand, the vmax is a monster... who the fuck needs a 1200? but the price and condition of the bike is so good, i'd almost take it anyway. these are uncertain times, man, and i want to make the best decision. maybe i oughta hold out a while i try to find something like a 700?

bike enthusiasts come forward and provide guidance.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:44 pm

..an Organic Pinot Grigio and some Rowntrees sweets (a weekly treat) as the best bits of this week's Love Island unfolds in 'Love Island:Unseen Bits'.. hopefully there's a good/enthralling film on after.

This having to rest this much (again) is getting very boring very quick. :| I'm so going out next week.. a jaunty soirée, maybe.

Meno.. during my recent vacay, much closer to the Equator than where I am now.. I was drinking pina coladas, Champagne and wine, most days.. the last few, spent in a hammock outside a local beach bar.. I have no regrets.. never have regrets.. if you're gonna do something then you might as well enjoy it. Right?

I've enjoyed my last couple of years of indulgence, as I really hadn't done that before, but it was much needed.. and enjoyed, but now.. back to a moderate intake of the liquid kind.

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby promethean75 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:50 am

behold: https://imgur.com/a/n6D8PQU

If the title checks out clean on Monday, this baby's mines.

You better be ready, ILP, because next week... we g'on ride...
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:43 pm

MagsJ wrote:..an Organic Pinot Grigio and some Rowntrees sweets (a weekly treat) as the best bits of this week's Love Island unfolds in 'Love Island:Unseen Bits'.. hopefully there's a good/enthralling film on after.

This having to rest this much (again) is getting very boring very quick. :| I'm so going out next week.. a jaunty soirée, maybe.

Meno.. during my recent vacay, much closer to the Equator than where I am now.. I was drinking pina coladas, Champagne and wine, most days.. the last few, spent in a hammock outside a local beach bar.. I have no regrets.. never have regrets.. if you're gonna do something then you might as well enjoy it. Right?

I've enjoyed my last couple of years of indulgence, as I really hadn't done that before, but it was much needed.. and enjoyed, but now.. back to a moderate intake of the liquid kind.

Got sick ended up in hospital drank a fifth of cola and some very dark local rum feeling sorry for myself for breaking up with my son he goes , and his wife; lets crash Hilton beach. Where mostly some very reel axes persona lounging as quiet as can be .
I noted early by.the dreams the morning would bequeath trouble habe a keen sense of that.
But let it go. So here we go into Hilton beach he thinking every body is dumb passed about who is who and who belongs where, and he pulls up the last two chez chairs which I was going to pull up and I have to go farther away to get some more and I fall and the bar guy who was nice enough last day, and to whom I am returning a beer opener , proving my honest nature sees me fall and by the way he asks wjat is the room. Number assuming I had one .

Things turn bad the kids bratty and politocal to the tooth and my son instead of coming to my rescue.goes off saying how in the he'll could I have embarrassed him like that.

Well then everyone chimes in and I walk back to the car and then get my secret stash money, and trudge away on foot to the liquor store to get Bottle of coke and the rum mixed it right there and down the hatch.
Next thing I am in ill lit hospital and the French doc asks what's up and I tell him weltschmertz, and he scripts anti depressants. The nurse comes back she is swiss and I go can they Eugenie here? She goes here its not lawful, Switzerland its ok.

My wife, who is in the hospice business, and me has input and after furtive beatings drawing real blood, -she says she can od me with oxycodone, but I think of other things please and - I go think "when I get back to la I will fix the old jeep that blew a water pump and go to Vegas or.Frisco."

I tell her I am waiting to get my security badge from the state, and maybe someone will hire me and ill try to send her money.

Then she.goes ok. In a text she is sensing up from my son's room.

Reminds me of how my old grandpa done left family from Budapest way back WW2 days' to live in Paris years and dally with paint nothing coming of it, then money running out from sale of his law practice goes back and tearfully begs ill German grandma, - who slept with Hitler's photo under her pillow- but she is not having any of it, by by. So he goes married marries his country girl cook, and lives an existentially toetieed life on the Danube bank growing watermelon.

So I know come next week when we are due back, shell be all apologetic for Our son, and beg for my nightly massage that has been the cornerstone of.our life together.

I dunno , haight ashberry can only sustain a man of my age in suspended animation via retrospective alcohol bounce only so long and the girls?
They may simulate more then stimulate ,anyhow.

Much to much written, but oh, I've fought against overwrought guilt of spokemness, and by now you can tell, I'm trying to get out from the actual house of cards of mystery, which has become so far, a tomb.

It is my dear boy Ayden, my salvageable salvageable grandson from the carelessness of.drugged out parents that I offered eternal fidelity and paternity to, to allay his family shared fears of abandonment, for my cultish fillippino family has inordinate fears of border-crossings. It cost one life already.

So its prob a my better to stay with him whatever it.takes .

Jiust a Walter mitty type vision for a sec.just thinkon'this is a desperate effort to overcome a metaphore within a metaphore inside the symbol which is really, inordinate. But be is it may, or, it is what it is. Maybe there be some more meat on the bones in some unequevicall past future.

With kind reg.'s in kind.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby promethean75 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:29 pm

i've got some good news and some good news. which do you want first? the good news? okay. i did some investigating into the bike in the pic above and found some things that aren't adding up. i think this guy might have rolled back the odometer (it is possible with digital odometers), and a few other details lend credibility to this theory. for one thing, a bike with only 4000 miles should have its original tires... and yet this guy says he put a fatter than factory rear tire on it. i did some research and found out some of those models do come with that tire. so this could mean that the bike's got more miles on it than 4000... and has already been through its original tires.

but this is where it gets really shady. his name isn't on the title; the first owner had a notary stamp the title under the table (illegally), and he says i only need to sign the title to make it mine. red flags, bro. title could be fraudulent and/or bike could be stolen. checked the vin number online and found no records whatsoever. dude doesn't have any service records, either. says he flips bike's all the time, and that there's a way (illegally) around the title issue which he takes each time to avoid having to pay property tax and whatnot on the bikes. maybe, but maybe not. says the previous owner laid the bike and after discovering the repairs would cost more than 25% of the bike's value, he just sold the fucking thing instead. um no. at the time when the bike was laid, it was valued at around 5000... and a few minor aesthetic repairs couldn't have equaled more than 25% of that. i saw the damaged areas; minor scuff marks that were easily painted over. his story doesn't pan out. plus he smelled like beer. a sketchy kind of guy who you could totally see trying to make money off little hustles like this. 'flipping bikes', he says. mm-hm.

the good news is, i've found something better, faster, and stronger, owned by an honest, clean-cut dude with a firm handshake who's on the title and has all the service records. we're set to go in the next couple days. this is the one.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:57 pm

Well the good is good and better then this RX. Had 5 bikes, the last one was a big Honda not really so big it was a 500cc I bough for a song, totaled it and almost myself probably when you were still young. Course you still are.
Wife licks me out with broken seem climb in 3 rd floor window and I sez, let me in been hurt, and then she goes off me login" it all through , BACK THEN no more bikes , either the bike goes it you go. Well that was my last great fantasy trip, on the Zen of motorcycle reps.

Guy, listen to me, the good us better then good, far better, in way beyond my Persian son in law who is low if not as high as last night, me?
A simple soul even desperate enuf to live a totally inauthentic life, as long as 'THEY' let me dig it.

Old fashioned pariah, re reading Dr. Sax (Kerouac) now pages torn out here and there but the filling in is easy, breast.
God those bike trips up to Frisco with wannabe but squared out riding in back, a kind of Yoki-Oki blow into the future. All about roses, secret gardens, indecipherable as yet, unto the encasement if her mom, shacking her into molded iron maiden .

But bro, I know I'm trespassing unto you, youth, and some such herewith for you all in present future, me? Past imperfect.

Without boring you one thing though: I have one thing in common with Buddha:

Can come to son interjunction and stop there for a couple hours seem like a minute or, vica versa, and without any booze, or grass, Sit there and like, trip out on it.

https://youtu.be/rTVjnBo96Ug

https://youtu.be/FFqb1I-hiHE
Meno_
ILP Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat