What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: What are you doing?

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:49 am

Do it, Wendy!

YES!
Some of the funniest -- and most excruciatingly embarrassing -- things happen when you let you let your inner groupie out. Go for it, Wendy!!

:oops: :evilfun: YES! YES! YES!
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:19 pm

Being amused. So I have a huge tote filled with PC games that date back to 1994 which Joker just ravaged in a blissful frenzy. "You've been holding out on me!" he kept repeating. "No, I told you that I had a lot of PC games, but you never asked to check them out," I stated repeatedly. I think he left me to go to playland heaven. :lol:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:11 pm

Spent more than four hours in the sun. Was around noon. Got a bad sunburn. Can't recall the last time I got such a sunburn.
I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:02 pm

Magnus, you're not evolved enough to be in the sun. Your inferior genetics make it where you have to stay in a cave. Your ancestors had to hide from the outside world because they were weak and so now you're a pasty white fuck who can't go to the beach.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:19 pm

That explains it.
I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:55 pm

Yeah man. Try and be more noble and maybe things will get better for you...if you even can with those crusty ass old genes you got from you frightened, cave dwelling ancestors who were afraid to go and fight dinosaurs because they were of low morals.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Pandora » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:59 pm

Adriatic is a beautiful sea. They have plenty of sun there, so really, sun people.

Got my raccoon eyes tan already so far (might deepen it more to dark cherry red tone to make the eyes pop out more). Still working on my farmers tan, but that one will be slow coming. Yeah, it sure will be something by the end of summer.
Pandora
Philosopher

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:01 am

My face is fine. I can't even tell if it's sunburned or not. It appears it's only tanned. It is my shoulder that got a nasty sunburn.
Note that I've been out in the sun between 9 AM and 4 PM with the peak temperature being 40 C.
Felt weak afterwards.
-- Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:11 am

Celsius is for prissy European girly men.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:23 pm

Wondering if 30 feet above the river will keep us out of the flood plain? The amount of rain has been significant, like record breakingly so, and if we receive a few more days of a deluge, will Joker and I need to canoe down our street. I haven't canoed in many years. Be cool to fish from inside our place. :evilfun: :lol:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Simone Senn » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:41 am

Thinking about my dinner :)
Simone Senn

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:16 pm

I am kicking ass and taking numbers! My beast is released! :evilfun: LOLZ!
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:20 pm

Watching Maury. Today's episode..."is he cheating on me with my twin?".

Yes he is. Brilliant stuff.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:31 pm

Is Springer still on too?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:42 pm

Late at night.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:20 pm

Good Morning Western Americas! :happy-sunny: Good day or night to the rest of you's! I feel like singing a song, this song
Or this song too..

It's a musical morning! :D
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:35 am

Beleaguering myself so I watch my "P's & Q's." I can get R-O-W-D-I-E so easily! :evilfun: :lol:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:16 pm

Scheduling my life.. with politics and pleasure/out.
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:52 pm

Damn, that roasting chicken smells good! :lol: The sumptuous scent is confusing me. :mrgreen:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby 1mpious » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:54 pm

Spent the day in town- people people people ,(immoral) people.

Had a drink and a blast, early hours now, things looking real good.

(...all this gets me thinking about communities coming together to make that fateful decision who's in and who's out: it's time for the serious fun) :razz:
1mpious
decent guy

Postby Magnus Anderson » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:47 pm

It appears to me that most people want to automate their actions not because they want to be fast but because they don't want to exert themselves anymore.
They hate working. Specifically, they hate what they are doing.
They dream of a day when they will no longer have to work.
When everything will take care of itself.
-- Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:49 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:It appears to me that most people want to automate their actions not because they want to be fast but because they don't want to exert themselves anymore.

Working as in a required chore or working as in an inspired project?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:50 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:It appears to me that most people want to automate their actions not because they want to be fast but because they don't want to exert themselves anymore.

Computer work is unnatural, and one of my goals is to have fully automated processes so that people do not have to work so long on the computer.
I look at the game industry, and I observe.

I play mediocre games, which have long credits of 200 staff members to create this pile of mediocrity.
What or who is responsible?
The tools.
Making high polygon meshes is so tedious and yet it doesn't have to be.
That is the joy of proc-gen.
I long for the days of great and classic games ran by a staff of only 10 or 12 Japanese.
trogdor
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED

Postby Magnus Anderson » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:10 pm

Computer work is unnatural, I completely agree, and it's precisely the reason why there should be less automation.
That is if you want to get used to it.
Otherwise, you will NEVER get used to it and you will ALWAYS hate it.
Notice how many programmers hate mathematics.
You are a programmer and you hate mathematics?
It makes no sense.
People want to do great things without taking all of the necessary steps.

How is relying on automatons a natural solution to the above problem?
It isn't.

The only natural solution is to TAKE YOUR TIME.
Yes, that means, being very meticulous.
That's the only way to properly familiarize yourself with the unfamiliar.
Relying on automatons only makes you feel familiarized.
In reality, you are not.

There's nothing more boring and tedious than familiarizing yourself with other people's tools.
One of the reasons why I am a very poor candidate for jobs of this kind.
-- Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:11 pm

The gaming industry is using high polygon meshes for gameplay or just animated sequences?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat