What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Blurry » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:57 pm

I want coffee. I think I'll get some on my way to work. Its one of two things I can't stop thinking about.
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
Blurry
fuck

Postby demoralized » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:05 pm

laying in a bed covered with weeks-old dog hair, barely listening to the news about catalonia independence, and browsing ilp in boredom
formerly incorrect
formally
demoralized
Thinker

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:35 pm

Waiting for the sun to sink another degree so Ill have done what Im doing. Maybe two.

Reminding myself of menial tasks in the far more distant future.

Savouring the impulse of majesty.

No longer wondering "If", now that Ive seen the other.

Wondering why they have to put Katy Perry's mom on cigarette packs.
Thunderbolt steers all things.

I've been guided somewhat by William Blake's quote: "I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create". Just change 'system' for 'style'. - Bill

The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:50 am

The sun is setting too early!
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Meno_ » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:58 am

Laying around in perspiration, got a summons for jury duty all next week, they reminding me I didn't show last year.Then heard Obama was called also, well I must go, after all.
Meno_
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:45 am

demoralized wrote:laying in a bed covered with weeks-old dog hair, barely listening to the news about catalonia independence, and browsing ilp in boredom

Why are you laying in a bed covered in weeks-old dog hair? Like you're covered in it? Or the bed?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Blurry » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:21 am

Once a week, occasionally twice, I work a 13-15 hour day. For some reason, every single time I have a long day coming, I can't sleep the night before. Today is my 13 hours, and so naturally I only got 2 hours of sleep last night. Hour 11 just began, and I'm so tired right now it's physically painful. Coffee and tea have helped me make it this far, but I think the rest of it is going to be sheer willpower and a refusal to stop moving. Woo.
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
Blurry
fuck

Postby 1mpious » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:24 pm

Cigars, bananas and chocolate downtown with surreptitious betrothed, Gauloises eat your heart out, real fat Aussies FTW.
1mpious
decent guy

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:18 am

Take a banana and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on it and wrap it in foil and stick it in the fridge, then go back later and it's like ice cream except not as bad for you.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Blurry » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:23 am

Page 420.
Blurry
fuck

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:32 am

Indeed.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Chakra Superstar » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:07 am

Hiding.

There's a massive storm just above me and I'm terrified. :lol:

Getting bombarded with rocks of hail that are about to smash the windows and the rain is coming in on such an sharp angle against the glass, it sounds as though the rain would slice you open if the windows gave way.

I might have to unplug the main computer and take it downstairs in case the roof caves in... #-o

I tell you, these tropical storms are something else. It just depends on how long they stay around. The storms up here feel as though they're right above you. The crash of the thunder is almost deafening. I have to plug my ears or it feels my ear drums will shatter. The lightening is spectacular though. Just constant flashes and explosions. For a second or two, it's almost like daytime. The house is rumbling and the ground shaking. Tree branches are crashing onto the roof. My poor birds...

The last massive storm we had up here was about 5 years ago. It didn't stop teaming with rain for nearly two months. I'd never seen it rain that hard in my entire life and it went on for day after day after day. It was as though the house was sitting under a waterfall - no let up, just constant 100% waterfall. You could hardly see further than a couple of feet in front of you. I was locked away from everyone for ages but I kinda liked it. It was like living alone in the tropical jungle. Scary but exciting. Nobody to rely on but yourself.

This one aint anywhere near as bad - so long as a tree doesn't come through the roof or hail smashes through the windows, I'll be fine... [-o<

I think a dude around here posted a video after the last big storm. If I find it, I'll post it here.

spacer
spacer
spacer
Chakra Superstar
Thinker

Postby MagsJ » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:56 pm

..2 months.. of rain.. are the houses there on those stilts, engineered so, for such occasions as that?

Stay safe ChakraS.S.
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:52 pm

Chakra Superstar wrote:Hiding.

There's a massive storm just above me and I'm terrified. :lol:

Getting bombarded with rocks of hail that are about to smash the windows and the rain is coming in on such an sharp angle against the glass, it sounds as though the rain would slice you open if the windows gave way.

I might have to unplug the main computer and take it downstairs in case the roof caves in... #-o

I tell you, these tropical storms are something else. It just depends on how long they stay around. The storms up here feel as though they're right above you. The crash of the thunder is almost deafening. I have to plug my ears or it feels my ear drums will shatter. The lightening is spectacular though. Just constant flashes and explosions. For a second or two, it's almost like daytime. The house is rumbling and the ground shaking. Tree branches are crashing onto the roof. My poor birds...

The last massive storm we had up here was about 5 years ago. It didn't stop teaming with rain for nearly two months. I'd never seen it rain that hard in my entire life and it went on for day after day after day. It was as though the house was sitting under a waterfall - no let up, just constant 100% waterfall. You could hardly see further than a couple of feet in front of you. I was locked away from everyone for ages but I kinda liked it. It was like living alone in the tropical jungle. Scary but exciting. Nobody to rely on but yourself.

This one aint anywhere near as bad - so long as a tree doesn't come through the roof or hail smashes through the windows, I'll be fine... [-o<

I think a dude around here posted a video after the last big storm. If I find it, I'll post it here.

Please do.
Reposting your post in my pagan thread.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=190163&p=2684789#p2684789

I've been guided somewhat by William Blake's quote: "I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create". Just change 'system' for 'style'. - Bill

- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Blurry » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:26 pm

Creating enough energy to fool my body into feeling like I got enough sleep using coffee and a bit of food. Another 13 hour day, another sleepless night last night.
Blurry
fuck

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:04 am

Blurry wrote:Creating enough energy to fool my body into feeling like I got enough sleep using coffee and a bit of food. Another 13 hour day, another sleepless night last night.

Do you smoke enough weed? Im worried.

- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Blurry » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:33 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
Blurry wrote:Creating enough energy to fool my body into feeling like I got enough sleep using coffee and a bit of food. Another 13 hour day, another sleepless night last night.

Do you smoke enough weed? Im worried.

Definitely not.
Blurry
fuck

Postby Chakra Superstar » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:36 am

MagsJ wrote:..2 months.. of rain.. are the houses there on those stilts, engineered so, for such occasions as that?

Stay safe ChakraS.S.

Thanks magsj. I survived :P

Nope. They’re not engineered for that amount of rain. That was a freak low pressure system that just sat over the area for about a month before s-l-o-w-l-y moving away. I wasn’t worried about the foundation and piers holding up. My house was well-jammed into the side of the hill. I was more worried about the side of the hill shearing off and taking the foundations (and me) with it.

Yes, the houses around here are built off ground -- even if only a foot or two – to allow water, air and animals to pass under but usually it rains at night and the days are sunny throughout most of the year. That's one of the reasons I moved here.

BTW, how’s your health been?
spacer
spacer
spacer
Chakra Superstar
Thinker

Postby Chakra Superstar » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:50 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
Chakra Superstar wrote:<snip>

Please do.
Reposting your post in my pagan thread.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=190163&p=2684789#p2684789

Haha!! I got reposted in your Pagan Thread? – well, it sure felt like the gods battling it out last night. Thanks Fixed.

I found the video taken by a local who filmed the aftermath of the last big storm. It’s 15 mins long so I added some music and a few photos at the end to fill out the music track. If I had time, I would have stabilized the video and fixed the exposure but it’s good enough for what I wanted to show.

This video shows the road going out of the valley towards the town and sea. The music was written and performed by Nick Cave and/or Nick Cave and Warren Ellis. (I should have asked the local dude and Nick Cave for permission but it's just for ILP so I hope it's not a problem. Please don't repost the vid so it stays buried here and keeps me out of trouble. [-o< )

spacer
spacer
spacer
Chakra Superstar
Thinker

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:18 pm

JSS has rubbed off on me...I'm becoming a language stickler. #-o How'd that happen? :-?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:03 am

lol

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:26 am

Chakra, loved your vid and the sound track.

Reminds me of this poem

https://youtu.be/FTKYr7hVmg4

"Core of my heart my country".
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:57 am

Taking part in Trump's "National Day For The Victims Of Communism" .

The White House commemorated Tuesday to the victims of communism, an abrupt homage from the Trump administration. In a statement, the White House identified Nov. 7 as the 100 year anniversary of the Bolshevik Revolution, which gave rise to communism in Russia. The White House called communism "a political philosophy incompatible with liberty, prosperity, and the dignity of human life." http://www.salon.com/2017/11/07/trumps- ... statement/
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:29 pm

Christmas shopping online
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Chakra Superstar » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:48 pm

A Shieldmaiden wrote:Chakra, loved your vid and the sound track.

Reminds me of this poem

https://youtu.be/FTKYr7hVmg4

"Core of my heart my country".

Thanks Shield. I’m not sure if you can see how much damage was done unless you know what it looked like before the storm. Gaps in the treeline, for instance, look pretty normal unless you know what once stood there - but it’s all fine. This is how it should be.

I’m in awe of the destructive power of Nature. Death and destruction are two of her most precious - and unappreciated – gifts. Without destruction, there IS no creation. When we look at the awesome grandeur of this world, we’re actually looking at the result of massive destruction. Majestic mountains, beaches of golden sand, deep-cut valleys and even the soil that life rises from, are all The Destroyer's gifts and it's silently going on all around us (and within) just slow enough to be out of sight. The line from your poem where the poet says how much she loves 'the beauty and the terror' sums up my feelings for this magnificent planet beautifully.

The photos at the end of the vid show two mountains - one is Mount Jerusalem; the other, Mount Warning. The 'beauty and the terror', indeed.

Glad you enjoyed it, Shield.
spacer
spacer
spacer
Chakra Superstar
Thinker

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat