What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:54 pm

I'm sitting on my couch, watching a video of the alabama/lsu game while smoking a bong and waiting for chinese food to be delivered. I was thinking of getting someone over here to clean the place. This is usually what I'm doing, I've seen this game about 130-140 times now.
Or I'm in the bathroom someplace, bored and using my phone to post on message boards while I poop.

What are you doing right now?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24563
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby MagsJ » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:03 pm

I'm lieing on my un-made bed whist supping upon home-made red wine and pondering what to wear for the fiesta Summer party at Proud Gallery in Camden which was arranged by the extra agency that I work for - might wear a long-sleeved playsuit and heels or a chic dress.. don't know yet :?
Image
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 16859
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Orbie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:29 pm

I am thinking, in my home away from home-starbucks. Thinking about thinking about.....................thought (no idea what that thought was presently) ....
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance



In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers
 
Posts: 7596
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Night of infinite faith

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:33 pm

I get a quad venti mocha. It makes my pee smell like coffee for the rest of the day. If I don't eat first, I can get shaky and feel faint from it, but it keeps me awake.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24563
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby MagsJ » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:38 pm

Eating a bowl of Eat natural cereal, whilst pondering what to wear, whilst supping home-made red wine... gotta head out soon :roll:
Image
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 16859
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:43 pm

Magsj I've been making a lot of home made beer. I'll trade you some via mail for some cigars that I can't purchase here. I'm mailing myself some from those islands in October, but I'm dying right now. Think about it......
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24563
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Gobbo » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:03 pm

I just ate some Thai Chow Mein from the Noodle Box (an archetypal Vancouver place), and I am sitting here at work.

I am going to re-read a website I just finished proofreading for my own mistakes, and then tell my co-worker it's done so he can proof read it.

Lately I have been teaching myself php, and I have determined working with logic and language is my future. Mostly I go home from work and watch tutorials or go on dates with women in Vancouver I pretty much don't think anything but random sex will come out of.
User avatar
Gobbo
Choronzon
 
Posts: 11111
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:23 am
Location: The Belly

Re: What are you doing?

Postby fuse » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:35 am

when I first read this I was at work, with a few minutes to spare, trying to do something to ease the mind-numbingness of random shit.
User avatar
fuse
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4510
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:39 am

Work is shit man. You should stop going.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24563
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Gobbo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:10 am

Why do do you push your views so hard if you're supposedly so happy doing your drug lord thing?

Most people like working at something. I know I do. Without some sort of project in my life I wouldn't be living.

Obviously not everyone can be a drug lord. I'm not saying the system is worth working for, and I think the best form of rebellion I could think of is to become more financially stable by growing pot, tax free.

So I'm not sure what I am saying.
User avatar
Gobbo
Choronzon
 
Posts: 11111
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:23 am
Location: The Belly

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:17 am

It's like when someone for real sees jesus or something. They just want to share it. Why a lord? Why not farmer or something? You make it sound so bad. I'm not the lord of anything, and I don't have a lord either. It's a strange life. A lot of times I feel like I'm just observing a lot of the human experience from another place altogether. Like I understand the complaints people have about the world, but not because the problems really effect me, but because I hear everyone in the world complain about their lives and the world all the time. I dunno man. You only get so many breaths. Don't waste em doing something that's not getting you off in some way.

And what views do I push? And come on man, I went to college, got a job and all, made "good" money and all that. But even still, that's not enough to buy a house for real unless you want a shitty house. Who wants a shitty house? So what do you do man? What's your plan for being independent of work and somehow self sufficient in the world starting at some point in your life? If you don't have one, then you'll work until you die and things around you will look just like they look now for the rest of your life.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24563
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Gobbo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:02 am

Don't waste em doing something that's not getting you off in some way.


If I was as high as you 24/7, I wouldn't complain either. I would probably act how you act for the most part.

But the fact that the world is so fucked you need to be that high all the time is the main reason why I try to change it, and the way I know best is by thinking about things, and just trying to talk to people about it.

Sobriety, or hovering close to it, is mediated with emotion. I think active indignation towards the aberrant state of the world is completely justified.

Some people here only hear complaints or wackery from me, others hear more.

You only get so many breaths.


Dude you're preaching to the choir. That is mostly the reason I get so emotional is I want to hurry up and get to the cool stuff, and the world moves so slow. I come home from work (which at this point I actually like; I didn't before) and force myself to self-teach myself things. I've basically checked off a bunch of stuff, I'm just waiting the public to catch up to. I feel like I've learned so much in my life that I could just exercise and get buff for the next 6 years and I'd still be ahead of the game. When I try and do that I invariably just find myself learning something else veraciously. Right now I am teaching myself one programming language after the other; I don't know how the future will turn out, but if it goes Johnny Neumonic style, I'm definitely going to be a low-tech hacker/journalist, covering the resistance from hidden land line terminals I've scoped out and hooked up to a WAN that sits parallel to the likely un-hackable new internet that will exist then in some future hellscape city....and then if things go well, and the world doesn't end up like that, I'll probably have pretty good job security and get paid alright to do cool things in a virtual universe where I am a localized god.

I was raised by loving, and truly awesome parents, but still super consumerist and prone to let their kids watch too much TV, and that is what I did - I watched way too much TV as a kid - and played even more video games. Then at some point I discovered weed, and everything changed. I think before that I had never even considered 9/11, and had plans to become like a pilot or some shit. lol. I mean who knows, maybe I would have turned out more or less the same anyways, but probably not.
User avatar
Gobbo
Choronzon
 
Posts: 11111
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:23 am
Location: The Belly

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Gobbo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:08 am

What's your plan for being independent of work and somehow self sufficient in the world starting at some point in your life? If you don't have one, then you'll work until you die and things around you will look just like they look now for the rest of your life.



The only thing stopping me from milking the internet using different black hat marketing strategies is a lack of the code knowledge I'm learning now. Working in white hat marketing for a legitimate company, all I do is sit there and think of things I would like to do outside of the law. In short, I'm going to become a hacker. It's been a goal of mine since second year university, and now I'm in a position to work and live somewhere I like, and teach myself what I need to know. I'm good at this stuff. It's time to take it to the next level .




I have other plans too, but I gotta watch what I say.

People say I'm bound for great things. I don't want to say I disagree entirely. The world is about to get super fucking interesting.
User avatar
Gobbo
Choronzon
 
Posts: 11111
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:23 am
Location: The Belly

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:09 am

Just start doing the good stuff now. Man the world doesn't cost as much if you don't need much from it.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24563
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Gobbo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:11 am

I like learning. And I do it, man.

Early on I figured out that cultivating the ability to teach myself how to learn things was like a superpower. So many people have the ability to learn a wide range of things, the hard part is that it takes work before even starting the actual work in question. Weed makes the brain malleable, and for some people this is devastating. For others, who have a figure in mind in which to sculpt, it softens the clay.

Fuck game of thrones. Life is a game of motivations.
User avatar
Gobbo
Choronzon
 
Posts: 11111
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:23 am
Location: The Belly

Re: What are you doing?

Postby fuse » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:48 am

Gobbo wrote:I like learning. And I do it, man.

Early on I figured out that cultivating the ability to teach myself how to learn things was like a superpower. So many people have the ability to learn a wide range of things, the hard part is that it takes work before even starting the actual work in question. Weed makes the brain malleable, and for some people this is devastating. For others, who have a figure in mind in which to sculpt, it softens the clay.

Fuck game of thrones. Life is a game of motivations.

Haha, nice
User avatar
fuse
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4510
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm

Re: What are you doing?

Postby fuse » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:50 am

Smears wrote:Work is shit man. You should stop going.

I'll try?
User avatar
fuse
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4510
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm

Re: What are you doing?

Postby SIATD v2 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:38 pm

Gobbo wrote:People say I'm bound for great things. I don't want to say I disagree entirely. The world is about to get super fucking interesting.


I think you are, and I certainly don't say that about many people. We are going to need some hackers, if only to counter the attacks by the state-sponsored hackers.
It's like going to heaven and finding God smokin' crack!
Magsj wrote:I met a guy who abhorred all authority figures but he was lovely ergo.. the two can go together.
User avatar
SIATD v2
One Man Pussy Riot
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:43 pm

Re: What are you doing?

Postby statiktech » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:11 pm

At work... dying inside.
"Man is the animal that laughs at himself."
—Robert A Heinlein
User avatar
statiktech
SonOfABitchBastard
 
Posts: 5405
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 8:53 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Gobbo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:48 pm

SIATD v2 wrote:
Gobbo wrote:People say I'm bound for great things. I don't want to say I disagree entirely. The world is about to get super fucking interesting.


I think you are, and I certainly don't say that about many people. We are going to need some hackers, if only to counter the attacks by the state-sponsored hackers.


Likewise. I will coordinate secret showings of your subversive films.
User avatar
Gobbo
Choronzon
 
Posts: 11111
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:23 am
Location: The Belly

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:47 pm

I'm eating a biscuit and a chicken leg. Just woke up.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24563
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby MagsJ » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:03 am

Smears wrote:I'm eating a biscuit and a chicken leg. Just woke up.
A nice combination you got goin on there Smears :lol:

What cigars you wanting? I can't drink beer coz of my wheat allergy, so don't worry about that, but thanks anyways... let me know brand and quantity and I'll sort it ;)

Am on ILP and Facebook, whilst drinking tea and chillin for the rest of the night now... had a productive and fun day though :)
Image
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 16859
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:57 am

Smears's cigar list.

Partagas Serie D No. 4
Monte Cristo No. 2
Cohiba Robusto, Esquisito or Esplendido. Preferable the Robusto.

Any cigar made by Punch, because I haven't had one ever ever.

I'll bet you can get them here....
JJ Fox (St James's) Ltd
19 St James's Street
London
SW1A 1ES

Or....here.....
Sauter of Mount Street
106 Mount Street
London
W1K 2TW
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24563
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:09 am

Right now, I am watching eastbound and down, season 2. It's 3:00am here. Today I slept pretty late, sat around for a while, made a pile of laundry but never put it into the washer. Then I got into the car and went to a pet store, to buy an air pump. Then I came home and started watching tv again and I've just been sitting here ever since. A few hours ago I think I made a sandwich.

I wonder how many things I've done in my life that I'll never remember. I don't just mean the times I know I forgot, like I was blacked out or something. I mean the times I've done things that I don't remember forgetting. The shit that's really lost. If you count completely insignificant things, then it's probably a ton of stuff. But even if not, there's still gotta be at least one or two hilarious stories that may never be told again. Kinda sad really. But some stories have to die sometimes. Hopefully, if there are some among the things I forgot I forgot then they're the kind that needed to die, and not the funny kind that might should have went on longer.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24563
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby MagsJ » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:38 am

What quantities do you want of each? Will pm you my PayPal shortly so we can get this ball rolling...

..just woke up, and put a wash on that's been lieing around for weeks (probably only because now two of my favourite pairs of jeans are in it, and my versatile black Gap tee) then made my usual breakfast of 4 scrambled egg-whites n tomato, a small bowl of Eat GF museli, and a cuppa.. with my daily cocktail of iron, calcium, cod liver oil, and multi-vitamin n mineral tablets to follow.

Def gonna have another tea after this one, then cardio time.. coz I'll be stoked on the caffeine.
Image
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 16859
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Next

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users