What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: What are you doing?

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:37 am

Cotton was shaved today. He looks so scrawny now. Argh, more rain!
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:45 am

Tomorrow os going to be one of those days where the news is like, "24 people killed in storms across Alabama". Like every school in the damned state is closed. Fucking kids are gonna be everywhere.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:47 am

Is it racist to name a dog cotton?
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby gib » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:07 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:No idea. Ax Mannikin.

You mean like ax Mannikin? :violence-axechase:

Or like "ask Mannikin"?

Can I do both?

Mannikin wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vjPBrBU-TM

Nice!

And here I thought "sia" was a "feeling". :D
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

“Everyone is always like ‘how do you feel about feminism? how do you feel about feminism?’ and it’s like maybe I don’t wanna fucking talk about feminism, maybe I just wanna be a female producer, because it’s like even being a female producer is so rare it drives people fucking crazy. It’s like my sheer existence is like a political act, I think, to a lot of people. It’s not to me.”

- Claire Boucher
gib
little shitheaded Buddha

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:09 am

I don't think you'll be able to go after him with an ax, unless you know some keyboard shortcuts or something like that which I'm not aware of.

But you can ax him a querstion.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Kriswest » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:01 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:Tomorrow os going to be one of those days where the news is like, "24 people killed in storms across Alabama". Like every school in the damned state is closed. Fucking kids are gonna be everywhere.

When our son was growing up and we were young, we never noticed kids everywhere . Now you hear them , see them and go aaah crap it's loud etc.....
LOL it is funny how attitude changes :)
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby gib » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:10 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:I don't think you'll be able to go after him with an ax, unless you know some keyboard shortcuts or something like that which I'm not aware of.

You'd be surprised.
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

“Everyone is always like ‘how do you feel about feminism? how do you feel about feminism?’ and it’s like maybe I don’t wanna fucking talk about feminism, maybe I just wanna be a female producer, because it’s like even being a female producer is so rare it drives people fucking crazy. It’s like my sheer existence is like a political act, I think, to a lot of people. It’s not to me.”

- Claire Boucher
gib
little shitheaded Buddha

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:13 pm

I'm always surprised.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:24 pm

Another rainy day...Had to crank up the light therapy lamp. Geesh, this is the rainiest spring ever.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby mannikin » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:03 pm

It's super sunny and hot here, i got this s.a.d thing and it's bad, really bad today. The sunnier it is the greater the misery, and it's not even summer yet.. i can only wish for the cold and rain to return...
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."
mannikin
King Of The Damned

Postby Arcturus Descending » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:05 pm

MagsJ wrote:...too many things.. too few things.. not enough.. too much. What kind of place is this...

Hi :evilfun:

lol MagsJy, can you narrow that down a bit?
SAPERE AUDE!

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
Harlan Ellison

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:02 am

Watching the fight over the Syrian oil pipeline turn vicious. What next?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:01 am

Hoping for oil at 60 a barrel by the end of next week.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:01 am

How about telling people they can't flee here, then bombing thier country. Classy stuff.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Kriswest » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:43 am

Well, those around Trump really put our feet in it now. I would love to know who gave Trump a thumbs up on this bombing.
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby mannikin » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:35 pm

Stockholm got hit, typical truck attack
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."
mannikin
King Of The Damned

Postby Pandora » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:48 am

Finished first season of True Detective. This Rust character was just beaming sunshine and rainbows all over the place. (I think Cioran would approve) :P
Pandora
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:04 am

So I was talking to my friends from Aleppo today and we were all like lolwut

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:38 am

Gorgeous day! :P
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:14 am

Kriswest wrote:Well, those around Trump really put our feet in it now. I would love to know who gave Trump a thumbs up on this bombing.

It seems like it was his idea.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:25 am

Planning a lovely day tomorrow. Early lunch with a nice female philosophy professor who's roughly my age then tubing down a river with an ex stripper 11 years younger than me, then a visit to a museum to see a monk I know, and a retired philosophy professor and watch them fuck up a mandala thingy made of sand that dude has been working on all week, then dinner with a self professed nihilist girl who is among my best friends, then back home to spend the night with the ex stripper. I rarely plan a day, but I've got a good reason to need to have a good day. Among the rarer things in my life is a day of stress, which will be Monday. So I figure the more estrogen I can be submerged in, the better. To all the ladies of the world, thanks for your contributions. They're appreciated. Let's hope Monday goes better than expected, because if so, I may be off to St. Augustine and then Ft. Lauderdale to visit 2 of my longest running friends where I will de-stress in the best possible way. No phone, no internet, no business, no clocks, just friends, sun, boats, and drinks.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:34 am

The words of the great philosopher Tupac come to mind.

Every where I go, niggas holla at me, "keep it real g" and I reply "till they kill me, act up if you feel me. I was born not to make it but I did....the tribulations of a ghetto kid".

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Pandora » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:23 am

46:30 and onward: good examples are given for explaining how complexity can be created as a result of increasing entropy (better than the standard coffee/cream example, anyway). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5NkmdrPQQA

I'm guessing that harnessing the power of black holes would also have to be put on the agenda list at some point, right? :mrgreen:
Pandora
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:53 am

Kettle's hand-cooked chips and home-made red wine, whilst mentally listing my tasks for the week.
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Kriswest » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:20 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:
Kriswest wrote:Well, those around Trump really put our feet in it now. I would love to know who gave Trump a thumbs up on this bombing.

It seems like it was his idea.

It may have been his idea but, he is surrounded by others and the others have authority plus brains.
Kriswest
ILP Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat