What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Kriswest » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:07 pm

London?
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
User avatar
Kriswest
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 20508
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:26 pm
Location: stuck in permanent maternal mode.

Re: What are you doing?

Postby gib » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:36 pm

My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

Is that a demon slug in your stomach or are you just happy to see me?
- Rick Sanchez

That's earth therapy. You might as well ask a horse to fix a merry-go-round. I mean, he'll try his best, but mostly, he's just gonna get horrified.
- Rick Sanchez

You're young, you have your whole life ahead of you, and your anal cavity is still taut yet malleable.
- Rick Sanchez
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 8645
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

Re: What are you doing?

Postby mannikin » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:57 pm

Ya cop was killed too. Let's see how the nationalist groups react to this.
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."
User avatar
mannikin
King Of The Damned
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:41 am

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Kriswest » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:44 am

It has been a question in my mind :: Why can't the best governments in the world stop this crap? Answer: They do not want to.
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
User avatar
Kriswest
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 20508
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:26 pm
Location: stuck in permanent maternal mode.

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:23 am

So, Pandora, unless I choose to me monogamous, then I'm juvenile? I don't only bang empowered bitches, I also befriend them. I was out all night last night with 4 of em. We all had a great time. I also study philosophy, make music, I travel and I cook, and I help people all around me with whatever problems they have. I didn't ask you to insult me or for you to dodge the question. I asked what your standard was so that I could know in the event that I wanted to live up to it. Philosophy 101 here. Its easier and less utilitarian to criticize than it is to postulate. So don't be lazy, and don't be unproductive, and do try and have some manners, and explain what it is that you need to see in order for someone to meet your ethical criteria.
Last edited by Mr Reasonable on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25230
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:25 am

Kriswest wrote:It has been a question in my mind :: Why can't the best governments in the world stop this crap? Answer: They do not want to.



Its a common fallacy that people love to embrace. The notion that the government is all powerful and can actually control what happens in the world. George Bush couldn't drain the water from New Orleans, but he got the blame. No one can stop someone from walking down the street and killing people. That power just doesn't exist.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25230
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Magnus Anderson » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:22 am

You spend too much of your energy on irrelevant things (e.g. sex) and too little of your energy on relevant things (e.g. family.)

Even on this forum, which is dedicated to philosophy, you spend most of your time in off-topic sections reporting on your mundane affairs that mostly revolve around sex and very little of your time on actual philosophy.

You have little patience for philosophy which manifests in the way you respond to others.
I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
User avatar
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3694
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:57 am

Maggie, you're failing to distinguish between reciting philosophy and doing philosophy. You're also making some real big assumptions about what's relevant and what isn't. When I first came here, I tried to talk to people about philosophy, then I found out that there are less than 5 people give or take on this forum who are even slightly educated in that field. So I just came down to the level of the rest of you guys and started giving my opinions and talking about what I do with my time.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25230
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:01 am

And I have plenty of patience for philosophy. Its the bullshit disguised as philosophy that I can't be entertained by. When my 1 liners trigger you and make you all upset. You need to ask yourself why that is. You can type 10000 words, but if you're wrong, you're wrong. If you're inconsistent, you're inconsistent. If you're making untenable assumptions, then you're making untenable assumptions. If your feelings get hurt, and your,emotions get triggered, then you should consider what people mean when they say, "dispassionate search for the truth".
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25230
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:02 am

The vast majority of what I read here consists of the dressing up of political views as philosophy, or some survey level discussion about what some historic philosopher may or may not have been saying. Those things are boring at best, and do very little to increase utility for the reader. You hate it, but you kmow it, you can learn alot from me young man.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25230
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Magnus Anderson » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:31 am

If you really are into philosophy, and since you're already on a philosophy board, it only makes sense that most of your posts are dedicated to philosophy. Which we know they aren't. And there is simply no excuse for it. Even if everyone else was wrong, and you were the only one right, which you clearly aren't, you would still be doing philosophy. But you aren't.

And this is the problem with you, not that your superiority is triggering emotions in others that they can't handle rationally, but that you're quite simply delusional.

Bottom line is you're a tired, exhausted, hedonist who has no interest in life which is evident in the fact that you have no interest in having children.

And your defenses are nothing but attempts to emotionally manipulate others in an effort to shut them up.
I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
User avatar
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3694
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:54 am

You just say these things about me because of how I make you feel. I give you an argument, you call me names. Cut the shit dude and look at what you're really saying.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25230
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:00 am

No interest in life because no interest in children? You sound like a fucking moron. Do you know what "non sequitur" means?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25230
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:07 am

And don't try and bridge the gap with your opinions. Because I'll just ask you if you're aware of the is/ought problem. I can do this all day, and you hate it because of your ego, not mine.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25230
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:08 am

To quote the great philosopher T.I. -"everybody know it ain't trickin if you got it".
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25230
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:15 am

Currently smoking cigarettes and thinking,of sleeping for a few hours.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25230
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Kriswest » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:14 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:
Kriswest wrote:It has been a question in my mind :: Why can't the best governments in the world stop this crap? Answer: They do not want to.



Its a common fallacy that people love to embrace. The notion that the government is all powerful and can actually control what happens in the world. George Bush couldn't drain the water from New Orleans, but he got the blame. No one can stop someone from walking down the street and killing people. That power just doesn't exist.

I said the best governments , not one. Working together not alone. The knowledge and abilities combined without competition could end the issue. Wether it is negotiating with the groups of terrorists or wiping them out , together it can be done. So why are they not working together?
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
User avatar
Kriswest
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 20508
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:26 pm
Location: stuck in permanent maternal mode.

Re: What are you doing?

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:29 pm

https://youtu.be/mtCwvHFOGLA

listening to Rod Stewart.....

The night is like a lovely tune
Beware my foolish heart
How white the ever constant moon
Take care, my foolish heart.

There's a line between love and fascination
That's so hard to see on an evening such as this
For they give the very same sensation
When you are lost in the passion of a kiss.

For your lips are much too close to mine
Beware my foolish heart
But should our eager lips combine
Then let the fire start.

For this time it isn't fascination
Or a dream that will fade and fall apart
It's love this time, it's love, my foolish heart.

There's a line between love and fascination
That's so hard to see on an evening such as this
For they give the very same sensation
When you are lost in the passion of a kiss, oh yeah.

Your lips are much too close to mine
Beware my foolish heart
But should our eager lips combine
Then let the fire start.

For this time it isn't fascination
Or a dream that will fade and fall apart
It's love this time, it's love, my foolish heart


Wow...
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
User avatar
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1958
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:13 am

Re: What are you doing?

Postby MagsJ » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:04 pm

Leaving Marrakech in 2 hours.. after a morning of quad biking (with my (should be husband) Moroccan driving instructor) across rocky dunes, sand dunes, many boulders, and a couple of dried-up river beds fed by the melted ice caps from the Atlas Mountains, passing Berbers and giant chicken villages (chickens destined for the local Kentucky and McDs) along the way.. meandering through rolling valleys clinging to my (should be) husband's waist as each bump brought our bodies closer each time till I melted into him, then I drove on the way back with him melting into me.

I want a Berber husband.. to match my new Berber shoes and my Moroccan kaftan.. while I eat my Berber tagine...
Image
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 17252
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: What are you doing?

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:03 am

:lol: wtf? :evilfun:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 6939
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: What are you doing?

Postby MagsJ » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:07 pm

WendyDarling wrote: :lol: wtf? :evilfun:

:)

...I had a moment WendyD.. a moment in a strange land, with a stranger..
Image
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 17252
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Kriswest » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:33 pm

We all need those special moments
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
User avatar
Kriswest
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 20508
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:26 pm
Location: stuck in permanent maternal mode.

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:58 pm

I sometimes tell girls that I have a stranger fetish. That way I can get a chance to bang them before I get to know them. I mean, I dont mind eventually getting to know them, but it is nice to put your penis into a mysterious woman.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25230
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby MagsJ » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:23 pm

Just to clarify MrR.. it was not a sexual moment, but a feeling one, i.e. no bodily fluids were exchanged dear... What kind of lady do you think I am?

I'm quite enjoying the static between the male and the female right now.. that, and practising my French in real time.
Image
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 17252
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: What are you doing?

Postby gib » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:26 pm

MagsJ wrote:Just to clarify MrR.. it was not a sexual moment, but a feeling one, i.e. no bodily fluids were exchanged dear... What kind of lady do you think I am?

I'm quite enjoying the static between the male and the female right now.. that, and practising my French in real time.


Are they so cleanly separated? The sexual and the emotional?
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

Is that a demon slug in your stomach or are you just happy to see me?
- Rick Sanchez

That's earth therapy. You might as well ask a horse to fix a merry-go-round. I mean, he'll try his best, but mostly, he's just gonna get horrified.
- Rick Sanchez

You're young, you have your whole life ahead of you, and your anal cavity is still taut yet malleable.
- Rick Sanchez
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 8645
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users