What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: What are you doing?

Postby promethean75 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:05 am

Because the ruskies do it better....

https://streamable.com/3upuu
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:32 pm

lost my first informal race today on the sv1000s. the dude was on a big ass ninja, at least 900 ccs, and in mint condition. plus he was all accessorized out; riding gear that matched the bike, so you know he was very experienced and probably poppin fookin wheelies and shit on a dirt bike when he was a kid.

so we ended up beside each other at a red light. our eyes meet. a nod. a rev. it's gotta happen now, and there was no backing out. i began to tremble. my life passed before my eyes. that time i found the lizard while on a boy scouts camping trip. our ride up the cable cars on the swiss alps. when grandma taught me how to rake the thatch from the grass. the time my father told me: 'son, there's three kinds of people. people who make things happen, people who watch what happens, and people who wonder what happened.

first thing i'm thinking is 'i'm gonna gun this fucker and its gonna jump right out from under me', so i'm a little nervous, right. light turns green and he's gone. and me? sure enough, i'm not aggressive enough and my launch was all wrong. when racing bikes, the lauch is everything. if you fuck that up, you cut your chances of victory in half. anyway when i hit second i twisted that fucker to twelve thousand rpms and started gaining.... but by that time we were both way above the speed limit and had to back off. so in the 0-60 he smoked me... but that's not to say i wouldn't have caught up with him at a buck twenty. do i think i woulda? no, i don't think so. but i don't know.

now if i was on the tiger (my cbr600rr), and got my launch right, the 0-60 woulda been mine. 2.9 seconds, kids. 60 miles an hour in first gear. two blinks of an eye.

no seriously, i dunno. that ninja was the stuff.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:31 pm

Watching NFL.. Houston Texans v Jacksonville Jaguars at Wembley Stadium.. this version is just as watchable and entertaining as Rugby League is to Rugby Union, i.e. much better for primetime TV.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:12 am

..watching the NFL show.. it’s funny, and entertaining, and everything that a sports show should be.

The ex-player commentators are now living in the UK, and loving it here, and have bestowed us with a very understandable and watchable version of the game.

Sports evolve.. like everything else.

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:17 am

Weaning myself off of all non-paleo consumables was not as difficult or traumatic as I thought it would be, so making the direct jump from some to none, was all that was necessary to make the transition.. I should have known this was the only option, being an all-or-nothing type. My stomach is already thanking me for it, and is looking forward to a dinner of mixed-grill n frites-plantain, tomorrow.

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:24 am

Getting caught up on ILP. :o :o
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:03 am

Watching, on BBC Four:

Now: The Worlds Most Beautiful Eggs: The genius of Carl Faberge-Stephen Smith explores the extraordinary life and work of virtuoso jeweller Carl Faberge.

Next: The Art of Japanese Life-James Fox looks at the clean minimalism of the Japanese home, which has been exported around the world, from modernist architecture to lifestyle stores like Muji.

Next: Vienna: Empire, Dynasty and Dream-while the Habsburgs headed for extinction, Vienna v
Blossomed, as the theories of Freud and the sensuality of the secession artists like Klimt and Schiele ushered in the modern age.

I’ve seen the first two series before, but not the third.. on Vienna.

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:51 pm

Watching QI.. all the other programmes seem dull in comparison.

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:40 pm

Watching the showjumping, during dinner.. the hi-lights from the Grand Prix, Spain.

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby phoneutria » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:32 pm

promethean75 wrote:So I'm here eating at a kind of outdoor patio bar/restaurant, right. At the table to my left four college chicks are drinking beers and cavorting. One of em yells across the table at me; 'hey, can we ride your crotch rocket?' (bikes parked behind me).

Now I was not at all prepared for this... and I said the unthinkable; 'dont you want to ride my motorcycle first?'

Now they knew they shoulda seen that coming. They practically handed it to me. Fortunately they were good spirited, laughed heartily, and everything worked out fine.

I'll take "Things that did not happen" for 200.
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming

Postby Fixed Cross » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:38 am

MagsJ wrote:.. on Vienna.

An interview in Freuds old house

And a typical Viennese day at university;

The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
BTL
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat