What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: What are you doing?

Postby encode_decode » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:35 pm

MagsJ wrote:
encode_decode wrote:Scratching my head . . . and . . . wondering . . . what has been going on around here. That is what I have been doing for the last half hour or so

:lol:

I see it as.. everybody just.. being themselves. :) what a mixed bag of chips we are.

You are a gem :D
User avatar
encode_decode
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm

Re: What are you doing?

Postby promethean75 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:25 pm

promethean75
Thinker
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: What are you doing?

Postby promethean75 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:03 pm

Observing a good Wittgensteinean point about language games. Very often a literal statement is not meant to convey what is said, but something else functioning at a metalinguistic level... something that is also very often confused or nonsensical.

"It's hard to believe... etc." This can't be literally true... but then what does the statement mean to convey if even as a figure of speech it signifies nothing. Still it was said... so there is some intent... but intent for what? Did she mean 'man that's terrible'? And then watch how she believes that because 'it could have been her', this proves the conclusion that 'it's hard to believe'.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0UvFswnhFV2
promethean75
Thinker
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: What are you doing?

Postby promethean75 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:42 pm

why do i keep playing these games with the capitalism and its state? the state will not intervene (as it does in a criminal action) to guarantee that employees receive owed wages from the capitalist parasites that they work for. instead, the employee has to pay for 'services', either provided by the state (sheriff to serve summons) or by other private businesses (to serve summons) in order for the civil action to take place. additionally, it is not certain that the defendent (capitalist parasite) will ever receive the summons.

premise: if the state cannot protect it's citizen employees from its capitalist parasites regarding employment rights, its authority is nullified. that is to say, it has no right, in principle, to interfere with any means an employee takes to get what is owed to him. if the state cannot guarantee certain rights inherently to employees in the free market context, it has no right to call such means criminal when the employee takes measures to do what the state has failed to do. i can't make it any simpler than that.

$380 owed wages (since december 2018)
$96 civil suit filing fee
$30 fee to sheriff for serving summons
$40 (two hours) lost wages for taking off work to file suit
$160 lost wages for taking off work for court date (today)
$15 second summons (sheriff failed to serve first)
$18 FedEx (mailing second summons)

total: $739 owed

the second summons has been mailed, but he doesn't have to sign or receive the summons. then what do i do? i pay a private service to attempt to do what the sheriff and FedEx has failed to do... but there's no guarantee they'll ever serve the summons either. so now what? that's it? why am i playing this game with an incompetent system? why not just take what is owed to me the old fashioned way? because that would be criminal. hm... seems the state and i are at an impasse, eh? well... criminal only if i'm caught. *wink*

i say again, your state is a joke, and insofar as its people support this state, they too are part of that joke. some anarchists buy the t-shirt... others get thrown directly into the gaping jaws of the incompetence and corruption of the criminal justice system (by being wrongfully convicted of crimes they did not commit) and the free market (by the state failing to defend the employee from the capitalist parasite who refuses to pay what is owed). these are two essential problems that supersede nearly 99% percent of the perceived 'philosophical' problems many believe they are at odds with. to divide the nonsense from the real; philosophy by rank. one must be faced with the essential problems before one can proceed further. you handle these first, then you play around with stupid, unfalsifiable, metaphysical nonsense you think is indicative of something worth any attention from a serious thinker. until then, you're merely fiddling at the lowest ranks. cry me a river because god is dead, or because the immigrants are coming, or because of same sex marriage, or because there's no freewill, or because you can't get laid, or because everybody's on drugs, or because the christians are at war with the muslims, and anything else that doesn't make a damn bit of difference as you live your ordinary life in front of a computer debating a bunch of meaningless nonsense at a philosophy forum. this is not philosophy. you want to become a philosopher, get yourself into some real shit... and then that hamster will start running that wheel in your brain for something worthwhile.

nevermind that. it'll never happen. but do this; ask yourself how much different your actual life would be if you were wrong about what you believe. not much different? hm... what if locke was wrong about the nature of secondary properties? what if the world which we perceive being characterized by great diversity is in fact a unity? wait... what about russell's set... or, omg... what if ontology is not a branch of metaphysics!? what if there is some noumena behind the appearance of the phenomena? holy shit... these are very, very important questions that make every bit of difference in your life, right? i mean, you better figure this shit out because... well because everything changes in your life if you're wrong about it, right? no? then you've found no real problems... and you're merely fiddling.

no i'm just fuckin' witcha. you guys do your thang and i'll watch it... like a baseball game... waiting for that rare moment when somebody actually sends one out of the park and says something truly interesting. or hell, i'll even take truly 'correct', or even meaningful. it doesn't even have to be interesting.

man these motherfuckers got me hot man. i swear to god if i had five hundred men. just give me five hundred. that's all i need.

at the clerk of courts again: https://vocaroo.com/i/s0A97ZufTcRN

rant: https://vocaroo.com/i/s12Wm89WXR2J
promethean75
Thinker
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: What are you doing?

Postby barbarianhorde » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:04 pm

Shit man I feel for you
Its true that in capitalism there are scumbags too. Not as ubiquitous is assholio in capitalism as it is in the dank wretched dungeons of socialism for which you interestingly pine so much, but yeah, it would suck to have to seek employment with people you loathe.

Thats also just you, not taking the trouble to find yourself a decent employer, to start your own business. But good luck with getting your money, you old cashhound.
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
User avatar
barbarianhorde
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2037
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: What are you doing?

Postby promethean75 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:54 pm

Rails by promethean75

https://imgur.com/a/0TVjD68
promethean75
Thinker
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: What are you doing?

Postby promethean75 » Sat May 04, 2019 1:48 pm

promethean75
Thinker
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: What are you doing?

Postby promethean75 » Tue May 07, 2019 11:34 pm

promethean75
Thinker
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Dan~ » Wed May 08, 2019 10:43 pm

Today i had diced potatoes, in condensed soup for the sauce, plus spinach for good measure.
I like how spinach melts when you cook it enough.
Great for sauces.

I also have been astral-planing via meditation.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting two of my free game projects.
User avatar
Dan~
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 10037
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:14 am
Location: May the loving spirit of papa hitler watch over and bless you all.

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Chakra Superstar » Thu May 09, 2019 11:37 pm

Dan~ wrote:Today i had diced potatoes, in condensed soup for the sauce, plus spinach for good measure.
I like how spinach melts when you cook it enough.
Great for sauces.

I also have been astral-planing via meditation.

Tell us more. Are you leaving your body? Where are you going? Who are you meeting? What are you learning?

(not interested in the spinach melts; just the AP) :wink:
.
User avatar
Chakra Superstar
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:42 am

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Dan~ » Fri May 17, 2019 11:06 am

Chakra Superstar wrote:
Dan~ wrote:I have been astral-planing via meditation.

Tell us more. Are you leaving your body? Where are you going? Who are you meeting? What are you learning?

(not interested in the spinach melts; just the AP) :wink:
.


I theorize that if you completely leave your body your body would thus die.

I send my mental energy out, then when things are finished,
the mental energy goes back into my body.

A few months ago Revamp started seeing auras, like physically literally seeing them.
One thing we do often is check on our higher and middle self.
So, that is what im learning and doing.
I try to improve my energy.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting two of my free game projects.
User avatar
Dan~
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 10037
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:14 am
Location: May the loving spirit of papa hitler watch over and bless you all.

Re: What are you doing?

Postby promethean75 » Sat May 18, 2019 2:56 am

You still making orgonite and putting it at the base of cell phone towers, dan?
promethean75
Thinker
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Exuberant Teleportation » Sat May 18, 2019 7:28 am

Talking to my mom about how much I loved Star Wars in elementary school, and how happy I was back then, just to lose all of those dreams by how hard middle school was, giving me more responsibilities, and taking away my time for fiction. I''m still eternally scarred by that, but cosmology/philosophy has largely cured those aches in my soul.
RaptorWizard - Secret Garden of Rare Quotes viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194124
RevanFailNhilusOwn https://www.youtube.com/user/RevanFailNhilusOwn
machine/celebi tesla Polarities/Extremities http://montalk.net/
The Dragon Mind of Zen https://www.youtube.com/user/bodhichild
Luke Skywalker http://www.thehiddenrecords.com/
How many stars are there? I'm going to be the first one to see them all!
The idea is to carry a wish crown, a kind of shimmering artwork or network gallery, a set of bands or chosen assignments that flips a GameBoyColor into a Will-o~the+Wisp/ectoplasm, or the whispering of the Thunder being the Oracle.
The highest North is the Heaviest helmet, immersing you into all of the constellations!!
Breton to Skyrim, so the Devil made multifaceted copies of himself that got progressively better along the Way! Polaris Statues have orbs that stand out from all the rest slows people down! The dark side is small compared to the Light! Lao Tzu is Yoda’s Tao.
User avatar
Exuberant Teleportation
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:34 pm
Location: House Telvanni

Re: What are you doing?

Postby promethean75 » Sat May 18, 2019 12:27 pm

fun fact: during the filming of star wars, harrison ford and carrie fisher hooked up for some hot Rebellion sex in a hotel on location. it was then that fisher probably came to be known as 'princess lay ya'.
promethean75
Thinker
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: What are you doing?

Postby MagsJ » Tue May 21, 2019 11:16 pm

Drinking a tonne of tea, after clearing the garden of a tonne of dead leaves and easy-to-pull-up weeds, and feeling good from a job well done.. but gotta tackle a fairly mature ivy, well.. try to kill it by sawing the trunk to starve it to death, but at least the garden has been decluttered of the old to make way for the new. :D
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 17990
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Meno_ » Wed May 22, 2019 7:00 am

Meditating to sleep
Meno_
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4642
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users