What are you doing? (Part 1)

I think Mennonite potato salad is the best.

The Mennonites are an offshoot of the Amish.

My radio station is back on the air, thank God! For a minute (well, over a week), I wondered if they lost their FCC license or sponsorship. Whew! It’s WSSQ 94.3 FM. Q 94.3, I forgive you for scaring me. Love this station, their music is a wide variety of more upbeat songs from the 1970’s until today. It’s a wonderful hodgepodge!

Mentally gearing up for an extended trip to New Orleans to attend my Sister’s wedding where I have to read a long poem during the ceremony. :confused:
No pressure. #-o

Go to Preservation Hall. If you like Jazz, there’s no better place to hear it.

I’ll keep that suggestion in mind.

:happy-jumpeveryone: Happy St. Patty’s Day people! :happy-jumpeveryone:

It’s like, literally the birthplace of jazz. If you don’t go there, then you didn’t go to the birthplace of jazz.

I’ve had I yr.,6mos. without a taste of alcohol or a puff of cigarette. This is extremely hard to do, especially for one who suffers from major depression. Meds and counselors have helped me avoid sinking into the maelstrom of despair. Life goes on. My sister has been diagnosed with a terminal illness. I will have to face the death of a sibling and dear friend. I pray that this ordeal will not prompt me to take up the old habits–the demons that comfort with a curse.

Drugs only speed you up, slow you down, make you confused, or make you numb. If that’s not what you need, then the solution is in something else. Never do drugs or drink to cope with things. If you’re going to use something, use it to celebrate and to be happy. There’s a hard line between celebratory intoxication, and intoxication for purposes of coping.

Watching ‘Easter from King’s’ music and readings of some of the best-loved choral music and readings for the season, from the chapel of King’s College, Cambridge.

It’s been awhile.

How have you guys been?

Watching episodes of Bear Grylls’ The Island Men vs. Women. Interesting so far.

Reading up on the canine distemper virus outbreak in raccoons in parts of US.
Apparently it can also be induced (and transmitted) through vaccines, as well, and cross some species.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl … po=45.6522
Interestingly, they found out that human MS may also be caused by exposure to canine distemper virus.
aetiologyblog.com/2010/04/29/can … -you-sick/
So… humans may have infected domesticated dogs with measles, creating canine distemper virus in dogs, and then dogs may have infected humans back with CDV, creating Multiple Sclerosis in humans? Hmm…

Don’t you love symbiotic relations?

There was a genetic study on measles virus pointing to evidence that measles formed out of rinderpest virus (cattle plague) when cattle was first domesticated and when populations reached the number sustainable for the virus to move around and mutate (250,000-500,000). The cause seems to be tied to rise of agriculture and civilization.
virologyj.biomedcentral.com/art … -422X-7-52

I think this is the most anti-migrant article I’ve read in a while:

gatestoneinstitute.org/1067 … infectious

Watching vids of female motorcycle clubs and reminiscing about my riding experiences. Passing the motorcycle safety class on a Suzuki 125, looked like the GN125 2011, but was actually an '88.

Never drove on the open road, but it was great to gain that skill. I was popping wheelies as I tried to pop the clutch across a parking lot and my roommate was moving so slow that the bike tipped over on top of her still running. :laughing: She gave the instructor a scare. Needless to say, in a class of thirty, we made up two of the three women there. Half the class didn’t pass the 100 question written portion of the exam. I did everything right, except on one turn I put my foot down when I wasn’t supposed to.

…job hunting… I’m making myself a wanted woman. :wink:

Has anyone ever eaten at Bobby McGees? Where the waitstaff dress in costumes and serve you while in character?

No, but I think someone should :laughing:

I have Wined and dined at venues with themed events… and they were awesomely fun.

Do it Wendy, do it!

Oh, I’ve already been served in the Phoenix, Arizona’s Bobby McGees by Little Bo Peep, but that was ages ago. Was just trying to find out if the company still exists anywhere and I think that’s a big negative. Bummer.