Know Thyself

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: Know Thyself

Postby GreatandWiseTrixie » Thu May 28, 2015 10:22 pm

WW_III_ANGRY wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Truth is, feminism is mostly retarded, and that there are differences in races and genetics.

I presumed that these truths made you feel dirty, but it seems that this presumption was indeed the case.


Yes.. However, I'm not very interested in gender relations or perceptions. I am interested only in knowing my perceptions on the matter, and ultimately that is all that matters to me. It isn't hard for me to figure that out; so it isn't much of an interest to me. I don't care what other people think, maybe because it doesn't affect me. Why doesn't it affect me? I don't care why. Its not important.

Yes there are differences in race and genetics. Is that the topic over there these days? Lovely, didn't know.


I don't see how it's irrelevant, even hermits concern themselves with such matters. It is the status of the species that has propogated this planet.
I am losing my mind to mandess.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: Know Thyself

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Thu May 28, 2015 10:25 pm

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
WW_III_ANGRY wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Truth is, feminism is mostly retarded, and that there are differences in races and genetics.

I presumed that these truths made you feel dirty, but it seems that this presumption was indeed the case.


Yes.. However, I'm not very interested in gender relations or perceptions. I am interested only in knowing my perceptions on the matter, and ultimately that is all that matters to me. It isn't hard for me to figure that out; so it isn't much of an interest to me. I don't care what other people think, maybe because it doesn't affect me. Why doesn't it affect me? I don't care why. Its not important.

Yes there are differences in race and genetics. Is that the topic over there these days? Lovely, didn't know.


I don't see how it's irrelevant, even hermits concern themselves with such matters. It is the status of the species that has propogated this planet.


Irrelevant? To what?

I never made a claim it was irrelevant.. . I said I wasn't interested in gender relations or perceptions. Not to say I'm not aware of them though. Just, not interested.
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3415
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am
Location: Suburb of Chicago

Re: Know Thyself

Postby GreatandWiseTrixie » Thu May 28, 2015 10:26 pm

What are you interested in?
I am losing my mind to mandess.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: Know Thyself

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Thu May 28, 2015 10:57 pm

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:What are you interested in?


Realism, epistemology, theology, morality, logic, science (pretty much all sciences and the philosophy of all sciences - this includes so yes that includes anthropology, but not every nook and cranny of it of course. Humanism, wall street and stock trading. Economics. Perception, literature, history..
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3415
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am
Location: Suburb of Chicago

Re: Know Thyself

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Fri May 29, 2015 12:33 am

And? The truth often feels dirty. Ignoring, the truth, that's weakness, little girl. Ignoring your flux, it's like ignoring your own history.

You must ask yourself, though you feel cleaner...were your old beliefs, the old you, actually untrue? (Because the truth is often dirty, abandoned for social acceptance and comfort, brushed under the rug.)


There are quite a few people today, who drip feed the truth or lies and it is exhausting trying to decipher what is real and what is not. More often than not, truth hurts. To deceive is to manipulate and people cannot move forward on lies. If you ask a person to tell you the truth, you take their answer as being the truth, you place faith in their answer and in a way this is naive but a necessary part of the exchange. Most people insist of being told the truth. I know few who would welcome a lie for themselves, a person is entitled to the truth. Truth is huge, not dirty, but is truth always the best choice of action?

Mark Twain argues lying is universal.
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
User avatar
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1858
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:13 am

Re: Know Thyself

Postby GreatandWiseTrixie » Fri May 29, 2015 1:13 am

You forge the truth synapses at an early age.

Truth gives you a special feeling, the Eureka(™) feeling.

To find if something is true, you must examine it at it's opposite, and at it's neutral.

Then, you find which is more true. That which is what you feel when it is true, or what you feel when you it is false?
I am losing my mind to mandess.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: Know Thyself

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Fri May 29, 2015 3:33 am

I judge the matter in order to make up my mind, but my thinking it true does not make it true. What I must do is distinguish a truth claim and truth. I have to compare what I see with the practical judgment that I make. Verification and truth coexist, as in verification, usually one finds things they did not expect, as in truth, it is often stranger than fiction. It is an intellectual thing, not a feeling thing, involving analysis and comparison, not a mere immersion back into a non intellectual feeling decision, which is something I could not readily accept.
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
User avatar
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1858
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:13 am

Re: Know Thyself

Postby GreatandWiseTrixie » Fri May 29, 2015 4:00 am

A Shieldmaiden wrote:I judge the matter in order to make up my mind, but my thinking it true does not make it true. What I must do is distinguish a truth claim and truth. I have to compare what I see with the practical judgment that I make. Verification and truth coexist, as in verification, usually one finds things they did not expect, as in truth, it is often stranger than fiction. It is an intellectual thing, not a feeling thing, involving analysis and comparison, not a mere immersion back into a non intellectual feeling decision, which is something I could not readily accept.


Thoughts are but feelings.

When you see 2+2=4, what do you see?

Some shapes, runes, 2 and 2, entering the vagina, the = rune, and becoming a 4.

Then you feel an emotion, and you remember old memories of apples and oranges, old childhood discussions, and you feel that 2+2=4.

If not these memories, similar memories. 2+2=4 is not an absolute truth, that is, it only a truth apparent to the learned. But not learned of schools, for even the young ape can experiment, play amongst blocks, and develop a feeling of 2+2=4 being truth, that is, a pattern that consistently appears whenever conjured.
I am losing my mind to mandess.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: Know Thyself

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Fri May 29, 2015 9:21 pm

I wouldn't say thoughts are feelings, I would say thoughts and feelings are ever present and affect each other.
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3415
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am
Location: Suburb of Chicago

Re: Know Thyself

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Fri May 29, 2015 11:15 pm

Thoughts are but feelings.

When you see 2+2=4, what do you see?

Some shapes, runes, 2 and 2, entering the vagina, the = rune, and becoming a 4.

Then you feel an emotion, and you remember old memories of apples and oranges, old childhood discussions, and you feel that 2+2=4.


Emotions are fear-based and they are impulse-driven. Peoples' belief systems contain inconsistencies, analyses based on dubious assumptions and intentional misrepresentations, hence deceiving themselves. Most people do not know the difference between a "thought" and an "emotion" and by confusing the two, they make decisions based on emotions even if those decisions require one to interfere with the facts.
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
User avatar
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1858
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:13 am

Re: Know Thyself

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Sat May 30, 2015 12:56 am

@ WW_III_ANGRY

I read the first chapter of your book.

It gave me an inkling into what absolute terror one endures when living with an illness.

I receive the book in June and look forward to reading Chapter 2 and onwards.
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
User avatar
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1858
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:13 am

Re: Know Thyself

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Sat May 30, 2015 1:58 am

A Shieldmaiden wrote:@ WW_III_ANGRY

I read the first chapter of your book.

It gave me an inkling into what absolute terror one endures when living with an illness.

I receive the book in June and look forward to reading Chapter 2 and onwards.


Thank you! Very much appreciated. When I was learning about mental illness during high school I wondered what exactly it was like, it was something I couldn't comprehend fully. I was unable to vicariously perceive what exactly its like to have schizophrenia, little did I know I would find out soon enough. That is one of the reasons I wrote it, I never heard someones account in detail of what exactly happens, and my goal was to provide that.

Hope you like it, I hope its a quick read, as they tell me.
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3415
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am
Location: Suburb of Chicago

Re: Know Thyself

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Sat May 30, 2015 4:52 am

I will let you know when I read all of it.

So far......excellent!
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
User avatar
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1858
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:13 am

Re: Know Thyself

Postby GreatandWiseTrixie » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:25 am

WW_III_ANGRY wrote:
A Shieldmaiden wrote:@ WW_III_ANGRY

I read the first chapter of your book.

It gave me an inkling into what absolute terror one endures when living with an illness.

I receive the book in June and look forward to reading Chapter 2 and onwards.


Thank you! Very much appreciated. When I was learning about mental illness during high school I wondered what exactly it was like, it was something I couldn't comprehend fully. I was unable to vicariously perceive what exactly its like to have schizophrenia, little did I know I would find out soon enough. That is one of the reasons I wrote it, I never heard someones account in detail of what exactly happens, and my goal was to provide that.

Hope you like it, I hope its a quick read, as they tell me.

How does one get schizophrenia after adulthood? Fall into a vat of botox much?
I am losing my mind to mandess.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: Know Thyself

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:04 am

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
WW_III_ANGRY wrote:
A Shieldmaiden wrote:@ WW_III_ANGRY

I read the first chapter of your book.

It gave me an inkling into what absolute terror one endures when living with an illness.

I receive the book in June and look forward to reading Chapter 2 and onwards.


Thank you! Very much appreciated. When I was learning about mental illness during high school I wondered what exactly it was like, it was something I couldn't comprehend fully. I was unable to vicariously perceive what exactly its like to have schizophrenia, little did I know I would find out soon enough. That is one of the reasons I wrote it, I never heard someones account in detail of what exactly happens, and my goal was to provide that.

Hope you like it, I hope its a quick read, as they tell me.

How does one get schizophrenia after adulthood? Fall into a vat of botox much?



I did not have schizophrenia I was diagnosed with schizo affective disorder, psychosis and bipolar II, which began at 19, 20 ish
However:
"Men tend to get develop schizophrenia slightly earlier than women; whereas most males become ill between 16 and 25 years old, most females develop symptoms several years later, and the incidence in women is noticably higher in women after age 30. The average age of onset is 18 in men and 25 in women."

https://www.google.com/search?q=schizph ... enia+onset
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3415
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am
Location: Suburb of Chicago

Re: Know Thyself

Postby Meno_ » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:44 pm

Just for the sake of it how do you register at this forum, anyone know?
Meno_
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2385
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am

Re: Know Thyself

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:00 am

Snail mail the membership application package to:
PO Box 1,
Mount Olympus Way, Greece 666.

These folks are old school. Just fill out the 16 page application, submit your current Dna sample, and three published philosophy essays of 1000 words or more.

Regarding the Dna test, if you are not of the highest quality of European descent (blonde hair, blue/green eyes), your membership application will get mysteriously lost in the mail.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 6203
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Know Thyself

Postby AutSider » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:07 pm

jerkey wrote:Just for the sake of it how do you register at this forum, anyone know?


You're joking? Just click the link in the OP or in my signature and then click the big button saying REGISTER.
User avatar
AutSider
BANNED
 
Posts: 3337
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:04 pm

Re: Know Thyself

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:45 pm

AutSider wrote:
jerkey wrote:Just for the sake of it how do you register at this forum, anyone know?


You're joking? Just click the link in the OP or in my signature and then click the big button saying REGISTER.


And here I thought jerkey was some kind of sublime genius. Fancy words can be misleading.
trogdor
User avatar
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
the Grandmother.
 
Posts: 8253
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: Know Thyself

Postby Meno_ » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:29 pm

Tnx may look into it regardless, preview of coming attractions-I am almost that sure, not with standing.
Meno_
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2385
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users