Boredom

I’m bored lately, and its probably showing. I mean, my last post was “Eisenman is a hack”. Can somebody challenge an assumption of mine or something? Or maybe ask my thoughts on something I might have something to say about? Maybe you think I have something valuable to contribute? You could just call me an idiot for some reason or something. I’d at least get a brief adrenaline rush. I’d ask someone to punch me, but that’s impossible here. I just pinched myself - that helped a little bit. Maybe someone can suggest a topic for me to start.

Or… I always think it would be a lot more fun to argue for positions I don’t care about at all. Like a troll. That would be really fun. Wouldn’t it?

indeed?

trolls are generally sooo boring…

Not if you can’t tell they’re a troll. I bet this site is filled with trolls.

boredom happens, anon.

no reason enough for you to ‘trollize’ :smiley:

Boredom, the death of a good mind. Cure boredom by challenging your limits. What are your limits in diplomacy?

Hmm…

In diplomancy? What do you mean?

How diplomatic are you when it comes to confrontations, to patience to dealing with others? could you handle yourself with more confidence. How good are you at defusing a rough situation? Do you know what your limits are in these aspect and diplomacy in general?

Learning our limits in dealing with others and then pushing those limits is an interesting way to relieve boredom.

Are you saying I should look for a fight?

Boredom is the cause for everything “civilized”.

…and “uncivilized”.

The cause? The only cause?

Boredom and the uncivilized do not mix. It usually-means death on their part.

In other words, if you were not working to survive, then you were dead-already.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: NO, No no, :laughing: Are you looking for a fight??? :laughing: :laughing:

“Uncivilized” behavior is the very epitome of a reaction against boredom. Are you serious?

I’d like to think not. Though I admit it would temporarily relieve my boredom.

:laughing: yes it would be a temporary fix. I mean without looking for a fight. Examine your reaction to subjects that provoke anger or impatience.

Diplomacy is a hard thing to learn. We are not natural diplomats, we are natural combatants. Learning diplomacy within ourselves will broaden your interests, relieve boredom and give you challenges you thought you could never deal with.

You tell me if I am serious, brawler.

But don’t I need a combatant or two around to be a diplomat?

If I’m being a brawler I’m certainly being uncivilized.

And you are not bored, correct?