Alcohol :D

weed drought: Police Operations! Beer drought: Just ended it :smiley: can’t handle my nerves till vote counting begins in 3 hours

I’ll take a look at your ‘voting’ thread: to see how the voting progressed - hope it’s gone well? but not because I don’t want to put you up 8-[ but because extreme political views only cater for a minority who want to benefit from those policies they set. :unamused:

Glad to hear you ended your beer drought, but probably not as much as you were… :wink:

I drank copious amounts of alcohol last night: in cocktail form, of course… I payed for some :unamused: and the rest that sent me over the edge of ‘merry’ was comp at my favourite late-night bar: which I adjourned to around midnight, from the bar where I was expected to pay to feel bad in the morning. :laughing:

My favourite cocktail is currently the strawberry daiquiri

I have now restricted my alcohol consumption to weekends - my liver and figure will thanks me for it, I’m sure… :laughing:

Tomorrow lunchtime I will be introducing my sister to a delicious cocktail called ‘Honey rides again’ at a bar in Knightsbridge, after having lunch nearby! :smiley:

I will also be getting merry on Saturday night at one of my favourite clubs that I have not been to for 2 years as it is so exclusive that the guest-list is always full apart from holiday periods! :unamused: should be fun! :smiley:

I polished off a whole bottle of rose throughout the day, today! :-"

[-X

:laughing: Yeah, I know: I contradicted myself there… but I am hitting the weights regularly, so it should all balance out nicely + alcohol is my only vice! :evilfun: O:)

I personally drink copiously and eat intermittently, not sure how healthy that is but it prevents the trauma of a beer gut! Some days i probably get the majority of my calorie intake through beer! The wonders of student life…

Any one a Blue Moon fan?

…if I’m gonna be drinking on any given day, I eat less for sure + you get merry for less: as the effect of alcohol acts quicker on an emptier stomach!

Drop a slice of orange in there, and you’ve gotta killer beer.

I like Guinness, Steel Reserve 211 ( :evilfun: so cheap and strong!), Dos Equis, Corona, Miller Chill, MGD, Miller High Life, Bud Ice, Shiner Bock (good ol’ Texas beer), and a bunch more.

Brandy is my current best friend:
add a slice of lime to a large measure of brandy,
half-fill the glass with fresh cherry juice,
and top up with diet tonic/tonic water.

My new way of drinking the stuff, as of this week… :smiley:

If you like Blue Moon, see if you can find some Hennepin. It’s a different style (Saison instead of pseudo-wit) but it has many of the same characteristics . . . just better. St. Bernardus white, Chimay Cinq Cents, Unibroue’s Blanche de Chambly and Don de Dieu are all wits (same style as Blue Moon) but immeasurably better.

Check 'em out.

Champagne classic cocktail - try it :wink:

sugar, brandy, and a dsh of angastora bitters: topped up with champagne - it’s lethal, but in a great way! :smiley:

Lol

Lol.

:smiley:

I also came across some other threads of that era, which made me think we need a tbt thread to post such memories in, so that we can all reminisce and basque in the posts of our youth/our past. 8-[

rofl lord…

I never was a drinking man except, well in town on Belgian beer and getting into fights with several criminal scumbags at once and losing, or just in general being a fucking idiot.
Now however Ive become someone who has a certain taste in whiskey.
I never really understood the appeal of whiskey completely, until I thought this cant be my life, I cant not even know whiskey, and decided to find a proper one. A whiskey which really befits my soul.
And, as it goes when your soul has set its aim, the thing occurred.

Hahaha!

Lol