Alcohol :D

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Alcohol :D

Postby stoned_kazak » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:00 pm

I love beer! do you?
When we hang the capitalists, they will sell us the rope. LOLZ

A.C.A.B
stoned_kazak
Thinker

Re: Alcohol :D

Postby koifer » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:25 pm

no.
"the fire caught fire." - Eugene Ionesco
koifer

Postby stoned_kazak » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:32 pm

why not? alcohol liberates me in the sense that i can excuse saying certain things that i wouldn't be able to say if i was "sober"

miller genuine draft is one of the rare cases that i appreciate globalization, only 1.06 euros for a little bottle of tasty ber goodness

A.C.A.B
stoned_kazak
Thinker

Postby MagsJ » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:07 pm

I like Champagne, fine wine, cocktails, and brandy or rum - I usually go through this whole list, on a big night out in town :D

I can't ever drink beer as I'm allergic to wheat...
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

The Lions Anger is Noble
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Location: London, NC1 … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … Nobilis Est Ira Leonis

Postby stoned_kazak » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:12 pm

bah you're allergic to wheat? :x that means you can't even eat proper bread :o

i always drink beer before i start drinking else

then vodka

cocktails? it's for the richers :P vodka and shark is a cypriot mix that i'm now accustomed to :P

champagne is tasty, i like it. and red wine

and jack daniels and coke, or maybe Johnny Walker's Blue Label

and of course Zivania!

A.C.A.B
stoned_kazak
Thinker

Postby koifer » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:22 pm

Magsj wrote:I like Champagne, fine wine, cocktails, and brandy or rum - I usually go through this whole list, on a big night out in town :D

now you're talking my language! I think beer tastes gross.
koifer

Postby MagsJ » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:35 pm

I don't do much carbs so it works out well anyway, but bread is nice, and I have no choice but to just miss it, and pizza, and donuts, and, apple-pie, and...

Cocktails: I'm into berry daquiris at the moment :D

What is 'Zivania'?
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

The Lions Anger is Noble
MagsJ

Location: London, NC1 … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … Nobilis Est Ira Leonis

Postby MagsJ » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:54 pm

koifer wrote:
Magsj wrote:I like Champagne, fine wine, cocktails, and brandy or rum - I usually go through this whole list, on a big night out in town :D

I guess we have great taste! :wink:

...er, not that you haven't, SK.

The Lions Anger is Noble
MagsJ

Postby stoned_kazak » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:04 pm

Magsj wrote:
koifer wrote:

I guess we have great taste! :wink:

...er, not that you haven't, SK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zivania

hahaha i do have great taste :P although i've only been drinking for 5 years :P

A.C.A.B
stoned_kazak
Thinker

Postby realunoriginal » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:06 pm

stoned_kazak wrote:I love beer! do you?

MGD BABY!
If the road to Hell is paved with good intentions then I am headed straight to Heaven!!!

The more I learn, the more I question my will to learn.
realunoriginal
BANNED

Postby Rouzbeh » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:17 pm

Beer is doubtlessly THE drink. Beck's, Heineken and draft Guinness definitely pave the way for a smooth and refreshing night.
the weak man wishes to die nobly for...the strong man wishes to live humbly for... oh yeah he died bravely
Rouzbeh
Thinker

Postby stoned_kazak » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:23 pm

carlsberg, stella artois, and of course baltika 9 ;)

A.C.A.B
stoned_kazak
Thinker

Postby Impious » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:35 am

These days I tend to only drinking low-alcohol beer and champagne.
Let the music get you angelic just to gain that bliss. :)
Impious
Philosopher

Postby Eclipse » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:43 am

realunoriginal wrote:
stoned_kazak wrote:I love beer! do you?

MGD BABY!

MGD for the win!
Eclipse
Philosopher

Postby Xunzian » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:21 am

People who say they don't like beer just haven't had the good stuff. MagsJ, living in Britain, how can you not appreciate a fine cask ale? Come on, that is liquid gold.
Xunzian
Drunken Master

Postby koifer » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:36 am

What is good? I'm just seeing if I've had anything good.
koifer

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:43 am

Xunzian wrote:People who say they don't like beer just haven't had the good stuff. MagsJ, living in Britain, how can you not appreciate a fine cask ale? Come on, that is liquid gold.

My wheat/gluten allergy puts paid to entertaining any thoughts of the golden stuff, I'm afraid - I used to drink the odd Heineken, Bud, Grolsch, or Stella Artois: until the allergy took full hold of me... now it's just champagne, wine, and cocktails :wink:

I can pretty much live with that compromise...

The Lions Anger is Noble
MagsJ

Postby stoned_kazak » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:46 am

Magsj wrote:
Xunzian wrote:People who say they don't like beer just haven't had the good stuff. MagsJ, living in Britain, how can you not appreciate a fine cask ale? Come on, that is liquid gold.

My wheat/gluten allergy puts paid to entertaining any thoughts of the golden stuff, I'm afraid - I used to drink the odd Heineken, Bud, Grolsch, or Stella Artois: until the allergy took full hold of me... now it's just champagne, wine, and cocktails :wink:

I can pretty much live with that compromise...

what about rice beer? :P u have insomnia from too much cocktails :P

A.C.A.B
stoned_kazak
Thinker

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:51 am

stoned_kazak wrote:what about rice beer? :P u have insomnia from too much cocktails :P

Yeah, I could drink rice beer, but they are too slow in British pubs to accomodate us coeliacs :roll:

Nope, I'm just an insomniac - and you: what you doing up so late?

The Lions Anger is Noble
MagsJ

Postby stoned_kazak » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:56 am

Magsj wrote:
stoned_kazak wrote:what about rice beer? :P u have insomnia from too much cocktails :P

Yeah, I could drink rice beer, but they are too slow in British pubs to accomodate us coeliacs :roll:

Nope, I'm just an insomniac - and you: what you doing up so late?

:P perhaps you can try a pub that has east asian clientele :p

i've been idle too long, my biological hours have been changed, but i guess i'll be forced to get back on track when the semester starts again

A.C.A.B
stoned_kazak
Thinker

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:05 am

stoned_kazak wrote::P perhaps you can try a pub that has east asian clientele :p

i've been idle too long, my biological hours have been changed, but i guess i'll be forced to get back on track when the semester starts again

Do you know any rice beer brands? I shall try one some time...

I'm inbetween jobs and am waiting for my next assignment in advertising - I aint complaining about not having to work at the moment, as it's nice to have a rest :)

The Lions Anger is Noble
MagsJ

Postby Xunzian » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:11 am

beeradvocate.com

It is your friend. The site is biased towards American, extreme beers but it will give you an idea as to what "good" is with European beers. Too many good beers to list, really. I'm a big fan of everything Weihenstephaner makes, and they are available all over Europe.
Xunzian
Drunken Master

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:21 am

Xunzian wrote:beeradvocate.com

It is your friend. The site is biased towards American, extreme beers but it will give you an idea as to what "good" is with European beers. Too many good beers to list, really. I'm a big fan of everything Weihenstephaner makes, and they are available all over Europe.

Thanks - if I come across any where I drink at, I'll try one :) but to be honest I don't miss having the odd beer anymore...

The Lions Anger is Noble
MagsJ

Postby realunoriginal » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:07 am

I'm getting hammered tonight after work, yippieeeeee!!! :evilfun:
If the road to Hell is paved with good intentions then I am headed straight to Heaven!!!

The more I learn, the more I question my will to learn.
realunoriginal
BANNED

Postby Frankie 'Knuckles' Carbon » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:01 am

Drink Canadian Club like the gentlemen we are!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Club

Other then that... get smashed on Smirnof Double Blacks 7% RAWR (Wild Turkey if your game enough)
LOOK FAMOUS
Frankie 'Knuckles' Carbon

Next

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat