Absolute Randomness

Very often I’ll have little thoughts that in no way justify their own thread but nag at me to pass them along. Assuming most others know just what I mean, use this thread as an outlet for those thoughts.

EDIT: 5/26/2006

This thread has taken on something of its own form. Not long ago, I spent a good two hours reading over a large chunk of the thread with my girlfriend after having told her its mood is rather dark and emotional. Reading the posts one by one provides a certain sense of comedy, dispair, beauty … it truly has an aura much as a mirror turned to humanity. Just as life itself can seem a hodepodge of thoughts and opinions, without much order at all, what has emerged herein, far from being a loose and pointless collection of nothings, is something approaching a book of musings. (Honestly; take a moment and read a five- or six-page block if you doubt me :wink:.)

As an elaboration of the earlier guidelines: Please do not post under the influence of the thread’s title. With all respect to each and every post made thusfar, this is not a place to type ‘fjsajkhye98’ and move on (yes, similar posts have been made); nor is it a place to post a sentence or two void of any intelligible purpose. Do post quotes, little stories, humor, witticisms, ironies, general observations, board-related observations, self-reflections, poetry and poetic musings, links, images, and of course, comments on other posts.

As I said initially, this is the place to post things that don’t necessarily warrant their own thread - that is, things which don’t project well in terms of lengthy discussion and debate - but indeed have inherent value worth passing on. (Tongue-in-cheek I would remark there’s more than a few threads currently on page-one’s around the board that fall into this catagory [-X.)

In closing, I probably didn’t even have to make this edit/addition; but I’ve long since begun to realize there is a strikingly artistic and deep meditative quality starting to emerge in this thread. Let’s keep it going.

• Daybreak

chaos at high volume

Sure, a sort of notepad…

edit - my thought for the day: Comparing Canadian ham flavour crisps to proper British ham then deriding the Canadians for their inferior pork produce is a fallacious argument, as I demonstrated at length in the pub last night…

Pub ey? Im from Canada, Alberta to be presise.
Maybe iceland is best? Or Japan?..
for living, but ham? Ham sux! Pork tapeworp capsalizes in the heart muscle even… :astonished: Evil pigz i tellz yah!

the pigs in canada wallow in as much shit as the pigs in england…

but green eggs…

-Imp

Dan wrote:

Is that where love is~ ?..

pigs taste better if you pull their pjs off before roasting…Yummie!

Dude, bacon rocks. Oh, and I like the new Korn video.

Pigs taste better and their meat is less packed with negative energy if they are assured a non-stressful life and, most important, a serene death.

Lay off the pigs, people !

The cost of printer ink is outrageous. Sixty friggin’ dollars?? My printer didn’t cost that much.

have you ever milked a squid?

-Imp

thats gold.

mental note to self… christmas is coming, go shopping for prezzies. (i always forget christmas and i have some very demandnig nephews.)

I’m not buying anyone anything this year. Call me Scrooge.

[size=150]Randomness is unprovable. because to prove randomness, you need to show it has an order. but if you can’t find an order, that does not proof randomness. but that you have failed to find order.[/size]

the real question here is why am I so smart?

Google ad appearing on left hand side…

:confused: [size=134]–ok, I’ll take 3.[/size]:stuck_out_tongue:

the lighter blue is a nice choice, obw.

Absolute Randomness

(not really absolute here)

“But they are all children.” she said, confused.

“Of course, everyone is a child in Heaven,” the angle gentley replied.

“But why?”

“Do you really think it would be possible for an adult to live in perfect bliss and happiness for all eternity?”

Having been very concerned the past few days I may have failed my math final (and subsequently failed the class - it was an exit exam), I checked my grades online just now to find I indeed passed with flying colors! WOO HOO!! :sunglasses:

This was a class I had already failed once, and is also a class that doesn’t even count for college credit - i.e. I have to pass this one and the next one in order to graduate. Had I failed, it would have meant I’d need to still take two math classes to graduate. Now, it’s down to one!

So only three more classes (one semester!!) to graduate!

I was just at the mall and well… desperate moms are friggin nuts.

ahhh, oh i respect your self restraint, simly ignoring POR. im sure had i been the following poster i would have … verbally wrung his neck.

people in dublin are sooo rude… yes, little, aussie possum has gone worldwide, and is nearly being trampled in the process. OG, beware of desperate irish mums… oooooooooooooh.

Scrooge.

I’ve mainly bought media (books, movies) as presents this year. And some chocolate…