Page 151 of 156

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:07 pm
by MagsJ
Civility please...

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:28 pm
by gib
mannikin wrote:See, still nothing...no seriousness at all, infantile, stunted manchild.


You want a serious discussion, go here or here. <-- Those are currently my two "serious" ILP projects at the moment. This thread just is just child's play to me.

mannikin wrote:I'm just easily misunderstood. <-- Aren't we all. There is no cognitive dissonance, I simply paint what i see..if you think such paintings as "wife" <-- Link please. represents a dark hidden side to me and something that I am likely to commit, then you are wrong, i don't know how many times i would have to say you're wrong for you to realize you are wrong, by then what does it matter? Yeah, until you actually do it. especially when you have already made your mind up...i've learned to let people just project themselves onto to my art..<-- That's what I do! :o I give the viewer an unexplained situation and get them to project a meaning onto it. perhaps it applies to you a lot more than myself..

Well, from what I recollect of your work, it did remind me of a lot of demonisms.

As far as you art, it seems quantity over quality, respectfully, you haven't progressed beyond infantile level, there may be deep meaning to some of them but the actual quality is basic. This is because you have never learned to draw/paint, possibly due to you thinking everything is relative..styles are, but light, shadows, cast shadows, sources, highlights etc are not..failure to grasp these will hold you to a level..

it's beyond me if you think this is not infantile level..


Do you mean amateur level? Yes, I'm an amateur artist, not a professional. This is not a career. As far as careers go, I develop software. My art is a side hobby. I don't know about infantile. <-- Usually that term refers to one's level of maturity, not professionalism... unless that's actually what you meant.

In any case, I know my art's good. The average 40 year old can't draw nearly as well as I can. You're only proving that to everyone by posting my stuff. Now, as compared to a professional (I'm presuming you're a professional, manni?), my skills lag far behind. I never took any formal training or education on how one is "supposed" to draw as a professional, so it's not going to win any awards... I know that. But as far as the general population goes, I know I've got a talent.

mannikin wrote:Image

Image

Image


Thanks for the publicity!

mannikin wrote:You clearly have a drive producing all those drawing, so why not just learn how to actually draw?

I'm particularly fond of the mask room <-- Thank you! One of my favorites!

I might repaint it and show you how it's really done.


Not without infringing copywrite laws, you won't.

mannikin wrote:At your rate, it will take you a billion years to get to my level

Now you're just being egotistical.

Image

Even then i can see a dozen things wrong with it..so i must repaint it, until i perfect it..you lack this..


If I had said "brilliant points, manni!" in my last post instead of "You would know," would you be saying "I like your art, gib"?

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:06 pm
by Arcturus Descending
Turd Ferguson wrote:No!


:lol:
You must have been a stubborn little boy.

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:28 pm
by Arcturus Descending
Turd Ferguson wrote:As a philosopher, I'm a friend to the world.


:evilfun: There just may be a few philosophers and psychologists who would go along with that.
But of course that WOULD depend on the individual and how open this person would be to see the negative or the undiscovered within him/her -self.

There is a need for gadflies in this world but the ability to respond and not merely react would be a positive only if that gadfly exercised some balance and didn't so much attack the person but his/her thinking.
But some sense of balance would be called for.


Again, aw forget about it. You just have whatever kind of new year comes to you.

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:29 pm
by Ultimate Philosophy 1001
gib wrote:
In any case, I know my art's good. The average 40 year old can't draw nearly as well as I can. You're only proving that to everyone by posting my stuff. Now, as compared to a professional (I'm presuming you're a professional, manni?), my skills lag far behind. I never took any formal training or education on how one is "supposed" to draw as a professional, so it's not going to win any awards... I know that. But as far as the general population goes, I know I've got a talent.


No, you dont. Your games are garbage, and your art is only good because of the 7th sense emotions it invokes. Your art is of low physical quality, however it has a 7th sense invocation connected to it which makes it strangely pleasant. Kind of like a fugly bitch you keep going back to because she has a kind soul.

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:31 pm
by Ultimate Philosophy 1001
Your art is more tolerable than Mannequins because of it's 7th sense qualities, however Mannequins has more technical skill, though most of Mannequins work is still not that great.

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:31 pm
by Ultimate Philosophy 1001
But as far as the general population goes, I know I've got a talent.

If I compare myself to an ape, or chimpanzee, in relation to talent, I am not being a spiritual friend to myself.

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:32 pm
by mannikin
mannikin you suck, you are rubbish..oh mannikin, please look at me ..PLEASE LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 PLEASE.....

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:41 pm
by Ultimate Philosophy 1001
mannikin wrote:mannikin you suck, you are rubbish..oh mannikin, please look at me ..PLEASE LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 PLEASE.....


Didn't say you sucked or were rubbish, said you were subpar.

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:54 pm
by mannikin
mannikin, PLEASEEEEEEE LOok at me!! I need the attentions...I'm soo bored of life!!!! please!!!!!!!..i HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO!! Oh other than EATING!! SHITTING AND MAKING POINTLESS THREADS ABOUT TOILETS!!...MY FEMININE NATURE DEMANDS THAT I EMOTIONALLY PROVOKE AND EMOTIONAL PROVOKE EVEN MORE!!!, please lOOK at ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:05 pm
by mannikin
In all honesty, though, I actually agree, it is subpar, mostly I am not satisfied, I haven't reached even a satisfactory level I wish to rise to, which does bother me in a way to the point that the annoyance demands that i fix it by improving.

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:59 pm
by gib
Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:No, you dont. Your games are garbage, and your art is only good because of the 7th sense emotions it invokes. Your art is of low physical quality, however it has a 7th sense invocation connected to it which makes it strangely pleasant. Kind of like a fugly bitch you keep going back to because she has a kind soul.


Well, if you're comparing me to Manni, and you think Manni is subpar, that ain't too bad.

Glad you picked up on the 7th sense thing. That's really all I ever wanna get across in my art work. As soon as I feel I've accomplished that, I feel no need to touch it up with technical niceties like some douche bag art school graduate who thinks conforming to technical standards is what makes her special. <-- In fact, that would hide it.

Where do you rank in art skill, Trix?

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:42 pm
by The Golden Turd
Gib doodles?

Never seen anything he has done.

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:57 am
by A Shieldmaiden
Manni wrote:



Even then i can see a dozen things wrong with it..so i must repaint it, until i perfect it..you lack this..


I love this painting.

Sage smoking a pipe. Not so much for it's technical qualities, more for it's light and darkness and the mood it projects, the eye can wander over it for quite a while.

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:15 am
by gib
Turd Ferguson wrote:Gib doodles?

Never seen anything he has done.


Manni posted it right here in this thread. Look up.

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:55 pm
by Ultimate Philosophy 1001
mannikin wrote:mannikin, PLEASEEEEEEE LOok at me!! I need the attentions...I'm soo bored of life!!!! please!!!!!!!..i HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO!! Oh other than EATING!! SHITTING AND MAKING POINTLESS THREADS ABOUT TOILETS!!...MY FEMININE NATURE DEMANDS THAT I EMOTIONALLY PROVOKE AND EMOTIONAL PROVOKE EVEN MORE!!!, please lOOK at ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Shutup, and stop acting like a fool. The plan is so you can get good at art so we can make quality games. Not making games with subpar art.

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:56 pm
by Ultimate Philosophy 1001
gib wrote:
Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:No, you dont. Your games are garbage, and your art is only good because of the 7th sense emotions it invokes. Your art is of low physical quality, however it has a 7th sense invocation connected to it which makes it strangely pleasant. Kind of like a fugly bitch you keep going back to because she has a kind soul.


Well, if you're comparing me to Manni, and you think Manni is subpar, that ain't too bad.

Glad you picked up on the 7th sense thing. That's really all I ever wanna get across in my art work. As soon as I feel I've accomplished that, I feel no need to touch it up with technical niceties like some douche bag art school graduate who thinks conforming to technical standards is what makes her special. <-- In fact, that would hide it.

Where do you rank in art skill, Trix?


I will show you tomorrow.

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:24 pm
by mannikin
I imagine the game art being much different to the art i would usually create. Not pixel art because i don't like that, but more cartoony especially for platformer...But anyways i was thinking 3D blender modelling would be a cool path to do down with other types of games, but i'm not sure about the workload..that might far exceed my interest but i'm still looking into it.

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:26 pm
by Ultimate Philosophy 1001
mannikin wrote:I imagine the game art being much different to the art i would usually create. Not pixel art because i don't like that, but more cartoony especially for platformer...But anyways i was thinking 3D blender modelling would be a cool path to do down with other types of games, but i'm not sure about the workload..that might far exceed my interest but i'm still looking into it.


Blender, as well as most programs, was made by people who put no importance on ergonomics or "common sense". I was always intimidated by it. Sure, I got by with it, used it for some things, but it was never calming to use.

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:31 pm
by mannikin
Did you use it to make that game you showed me, or was that 2d appearing as 3d?

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:04 pm
by Ultimate Philosophy 1001
mannikin wrote:Did you use it to make that game you showed me, or was that 2d appearing as 3d?


I have so many I can't remember. What game did I show you?

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:35 pm
by Arcturus Descending
A Shieldmaiden wrote:Manni wrote:



Even then i can see a dozen things wrong with it..so i must repaint it, until i perfect it..you lack this..


I love this painting.

Sage smoking a pipe. Not so much for it's technical qualities, more for it's light and darkness and the mood it projects, the eye can wander over it for quite a while.


I like the painting too. Nice ambiance of solitude. Nice contrast of light and dark. The book seems to have been read by many. He's not only reading but his face seems to be reflecting and pondering what he is reading. Intense.
Makes me wonder just what he IS reading - and what the other two books are and just who "he" is.

I see a little face in the beard. The beard itself is too white though considering the seemingly darker head of hair.

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:14 pm
by mannikin
Arcturus Descending wrote:Makes me wonder just what he IS reading - and what the other two books are and just who "he" is.
.



Only i know this and i will take it to my grave.

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:22 pm
by gib
mannikin wrote:
Arcturus Descending wrote:Makes me wonder just what he IS reading - and what the other two books are and just who "he" is.
.



Only i know this and i will take it to my grave.


So presumably, there's an actual answer to this question?

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:51 pm
by mannikin
Always.. There are answers in all my paintings..nothing is in vain.