Introduce yourself here <-----

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: Introduce yourself here <-----

Postby Zoot Allures » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:56 pm

Hi. My name's Zoot Allures. I'm a Capricorn who likes earthquakes and chinese noodles.
Zoot Allures
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:44 am

Welcome to ILP.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Chakra Superstar » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:27 am

Zoot Allures wrote:Hi. My name's Zoot Allures. I'm a Capricorn who likes earthquakes and chinese noodles.

Chakra Superstar
Thinker

Postby Scaughbod » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:26 pm

Hi Scaughbod here,
I'm new member of the board and I'm reading different amazing posts especially in Science , technology and Math Section. I'm lucky to join this forum that is full of knowledge, wonderful ideas and strange theories. I'm in a learning phase and this forum is definitely a great help.
Scaughbod

Introduce yourself here.

Postby derleydoo » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:11 am

Registered users: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], derleydoo, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot]
Legend: Administrators, Global moderators
derleydoo

Postby Savoir-Faire » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:14 pm

Hello ILP folks...Savvy here and I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm starting university next week and as fate would have it, I ended up choosing an Intro to Philosophy as an optional course (registered at the last minute plus my computer, the b*tch decided to give me a hard time).

Practically, all my life, I have been preparing to get into med school so I gear towards the natural sciences. Therefore the study of philosophy is really new to me so I'm shaking in my babe boots right now. Since I need to maintain an excellent GPA, I could use all the help I can find (self-interest pure and simple :D ). I've searched the philosophy forums universe and ended up here. After reading some of the discussions, I'm still kinda lost but hopefully I can be inspired and would learn something from you guys. Salut.
Savoir-Faire

Postby Orbie » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:39 pm

Hello there, AND welcome! I am sure You will learn something, but one word of warning: please first things first, be prepared to pick and choose,the better stuff and practice prioritizing. This may help You from going under.
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance

In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers

Postby AutSider » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:08 pm

Savoir-Faire wrote:Hello ILP folks...Savvy here and I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm starting university next week and as fate would have it, I ended up choosing an Intro to Philosophy as an optional course (registered at the last minute plus my computer, the b*tch decided to give me a hard time).

Practically, all my life, I have been preparing to get into med school so I gear towards the natural sciences. Therefore the study of philosophy is really new to me so I'm shaking in my babe boots right now. Since I need to maintain an excellent GPA, I could use all the help I can find (self-interest pure and simple :D ). I've searched the philosophy forums universe and ended up here. After reading some of the discussions, I'm still kinda lost but hopefully I can be inspired and would learn something from you guys. Salut.

So how come you chose philosophy as an optional course? Do you possess some sort of fundamental knowledge about the history of philosophy and the terminology or are you a blank slate? I assume you have an optional course and a main, so what's your main?
AutSider
BANNED

Postby Savoir-Faire » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:45 pm

Arbiter of Change wrote:
So how come you chose philosophy as an optional course? Do you possess some sort of fundamental knowledge about the history of philosophy and the terminology or are you a blank slate? I assume you have an optional course and a main, so what's your main?

Only two days here and already facing an inquisition? :wink: I hope to get into the Biology Honours program and I chose it primarily because it fits perfectly my schedule. And fortunately for me, a fundamental knowledge of Philosophy's history and terminology is not a prerequisite, otherwise I'm f*cked. Btw, are you a student too (sorry I'm the new kid on the chopping block so I don't know yet who's who or who's what here)?

Monsieur Orbie: Thanks for the heads-up.
Last edited by Savoir-Faire on Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Savoir-Faire

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:48 am

Savoir-Faire wrote:Hello ILP folks...Savvy here and I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm starting university next week and as fate would have it, I ended up choosing an Intro to Philosophy as an optional course (registered at the last minute plus my computer, the b*tch decided to give me a hard time).

Some of us can seem a bit crazy, but we're more than qualified to get you through an intro philosophy course. Feel free to post up any questions, or things you'd like to discuss.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Savoir-Faire » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:39 am

mr reasonable wrote:
Some of us can seem a bit crazy, but we're more than qualified to get you through an intro philosophy course. Feel free to post up any questions, or things you'd like to discuss.

Only 'a bit crazy'? I read through some of the discussions here in Off Topic (taking one baby step at a time) and a bit crazy is a tad bit of an understatement lolz....so to quote our little orphan Annie "I think I'm gonna like it here.....cheers guys...
Savoir-Faire

Postby HisTHOUGH7 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:44 pm

Hey guys love the forum. I'm 35 with a phil degree and a law degree and I'll admit, I smoke crack. Started off pure hearted but yet these days would claim to be largely knowing. I plan to make posting here a daily ritual so I'll see you on the forums. ;)
HisTHOUGH7

Postby Zoot Allures » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:21 am

and a law degree and I'll admit, I smoke crack.

If you ever get busted, call yourself immediately and don't say anything until you are present.

thank you, thank you..really, wonderful audience
Zoot Allures
Philosopher

Postby HisTHOUGH7 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:55 am

Zoot Allures wrote:If you ever get busted, call yourself immediately and don't say anything until you are present.

Sounds like a plan. ;)
HisTHOUGH7

Postby Magnus Anderson » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:24 am

HisTHOUGH7 wrote:Hey guys love the forum. I'm 35 with a phil degree and a law degree and I'll admit, I smoke crack. Started off pure hearted but yet these days would claim to be largely knowing. I plan to make posting here a daily ritual so I'll see you on the forums. ;)

Who's side are you on?
I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:01 am

Who's side? What are the choices?

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Homo Existentialus » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:15 pm

Hi there. I am not using my real name here. My username is a double entendre. Try to figure out what it means and get back to me. By the way, how do you set your signature here? Or must I wait to be vetted first?
Homo Existentialus

Postby BertieWooster » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:13 pm

Hello, I am the main character from like every Wodehouse novel ever! No really, I am just a guy who loves life!!!
BertieWooster

Postby Shaw » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:46 am

Hi, I'm Shaw and I'm an extra.

Zoot Allures wrote:Hi. My name's Zoot Allures. I'm a Capricorn who likes earthquakes and chinese noodles.

I did not expect to see you here, Zoot. When did they let you out?
Shaw

Postby Zoot Allures » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:34 pm

is this George Bernard Shaw?

I thought you were dead.
Zoot Allures
Philosopher

Postby Shaw » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:57 pm

Zoot Allures wrote:is this George Bernard Shaw?

The first prison I ever saw had inscribed on it 'CEASE TO DO EVIL: LEARN TO DO WELL,' but as the inscription was on the outside, the prisoners could not read it... Good to have you back.

I thought you were dead.

Yeah, you and everybody else.

'A people who still remembered that their ancestors had been the masters of the world would have applauded, with conscious pride, the representation of ancient freedom, if they had not long since been accustomed to prefer the solid assurance of bread to the unsubstantial visions of liberty and greatness.'
— Edward Gibbon
Shaw

Postby The Golden Turd » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:18 am

I never even saw this thread before.... it's full of people who like, never posted anywhere else before.
Support "The Angels of East Africa" on smile.Amazon.com it is free to do, they donate 0.05% of your purchase cost to them, or give donations directly via:

http://www.machinegunpreacher.org

Recently hidden post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192227&p=2649513#p2649513
The Golden Turd
Fucking Unflushable

Postby Zoot Allures » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:47 pm

What's with those shoulder zippers Snake's got there? What function do they serve?
Zoot Allures
Philosopher

Postby Chakra Superstar » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:27 am

Zoot Allures wrote:What's with those shoulder zippers Snake's got there? What function do they serve?

Well, if you were as sexy as Snake and you walked down the street with a slow sexy gait showing off your muscles and eye patch, your head might swell a bit too. At times like this, the zips come in mighty handy. I know. Trust me.
Chakra Superstar
Thinker

Postby MagsJ » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:45 am

Chakra Superstar wrote:Well, if you were as sexy as Snake and you walked down the street with a slow sexy gait showing off your muscles and eye patch, your head might swell a bit too. At times like this, the zips come in mighty handy. I know. Trust me.

MagsJ
The Londonist

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat