Introduce yourself here <-----

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: Introduce yourself here <-----

Postby The Golden Turd » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:50 am

Time's up, your now on my shitlist, and I got a lot of shit backed up to offload.
Support "The Angels of East Africa" on smile.Amazon.com it is free to do, they donate 0.05% of your purchase cost to them, or give donations directly via:

http://www.machinegunpreacher.org

Image

Recently hidden post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192227&p=2649513#p2649513
User avatar
The Golden Turd
Fucking Unflushable
 
Posts: 9450
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:37 am
Location: Apparently Well Up Manical Mongoose's Ass

Re: Introduce yourself here <-----

Postby Destiny » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:24 am

Turd Ferguson wrote:so we know you have substance and isn't just a racial stereotype account ran by one of the inbred white supremicists here.

:-? :-? :lol: :lol: that's a first. You are a beginner at anthropology... at best =;


knock knock whose there


D, out


see yas maybe tomrws this has been fun
User avatar
Destiny
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:53 pm

Re: Introduce yourself here <-----

Postby Artimas » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:23 am

Turd Ferguson wrote:I'm the future administer, I will get the site after Only Human and Magsj dies in a murder-suicide, and Carleas turns homeless.

LOL

A "god" who deserves worship will be humble enough to reject it; A "god" who demands worship will not be worthy of it.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3189
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Introduce yourself here <-----

Postby Artimas » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:26 am

Destiny wrote:Hi philosophy lovers, I am Destiny and I am here to learn.

My subject is anthropology.

Are there any anthropologists here?


My thesis is coming up, quite soon, I have a couple of months left to complete it.

Some of the issues are still nagging me though, and I have registered on a few forums for help.

I hope I have come to the right place.


Can't say i am a professional or anything, I can only offer my own perspective from what i have learned so far.

A "god" who deserves worship will be humble enough to reject it; A "god" who demands worship will not be worthy of it.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3189
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Introduce yourself here <-----

Postby Destiny » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:36 am

Artimas wrote:
Destiny wrote:Hi philosophy lovers, I am Destiny and I am here to learn.

My subject is anthropology.

Are there any anthropologists here?


My thesis is coming up, quite soon, I have a couple of months left to complete it.

Some of the issues are still nagging me though, and I have registered on a few forums for help.

I hope I have come to the right place.


Can't say i am a professional or anything, I can only offer my own perspective from what i have learned so far.


Please do, i'd be delighted for a discussion with an equal
User avatar
Destiny
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:53 pm

Re: Introduce yourself here <-----

Postby Artimas » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:32 pm

Destiny wrote:
Artimas wrote:
Destiny wrote:Hi philosophy lovers, I am Destiny and I am here to learn.

My subject is anthropology.

Are there any anthropologists here?


My thesis is coming up, quite soon, I have a couple of months left to complete it.

Some of the issues are still nagging me though, and I have registered on a few forums for help.

I hope I have come to the right place.


Can't say i am a professional or anything, I can only offer my own perspective from what i have learned so far.


Please do, i'd be delighted for a discussion with an equal


Is there a specific question or point to start at?

I view humanity as not separate from nature, i don't agree with people that try to separate "human nature" from just nature in general.. culture and near everything stems from environment, people have created an artificial jungle of comfort inside of the real, uncomfortable and dangerous jungle outside, sort of parasitic if you ask me. We suck the life and resources from the outside to fuel the inside, with little empathy regarding it and other life.

I also usually always think of the ripple effect too, a lot of people don't pay attention to it, it is where half of personality branches off from.. genes and the ripple effect. "Butterfly effect" direct and or indirect reactions from actions.

A "god" who deserves worship will be humble enough to reject it; A "god" who demands worship will not be worthy of it.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3189
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Introduce yourself here <-----

Postby esperanza1 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:34 am

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to say, both ILP, and KTS has been good to me. What I love the most, are the times that I have laughed so hard, learning and growing. I respect everyone here. I know it is time for me to be leaving, and not looking back.
Goodbye
esperanza1
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:44 pm

Re: Introduce yourself here <-----

Postby The Golden Turd » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:18 am

Bye
Support "The Angels of East Africa" on smile.Amazon.com it is free to do, they donate 0.05% of your purchase cost to them, or give donations directly via:

http://www.machinegunpreacher.org

Image

Recently hidden post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192227&p=2649513#p2649513
User avatar
The Golden Turd
Fucking Unflushable
 
Posts: 9450
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:37 am
Location: Apparently Well Up Manical Mongoose's Ass

Re: Introduce yourself here <-----

Postby Alf » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:12 am

Hi. I hope that I will enjoy ILP. :)
Alf
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:07 am

Re: Introduce yourself here <-----

Postby encode_decode » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:52 pm

Well I feel kind of old - 42 - I hope I am in the right place - I am a computer programmer engaged in machine intelligence - I have many philosophical questions to ask and hope to learn a lot of logical stuff for my bots.
User avatar
encode_decode
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Introduce yourself here <-----

Postby captaincrunk » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:02 pm

encode_decode wrote:Well I feel kind of old - 42 - I hope I am in the right place - I am a computer programmer engaged in machine intelligence - I have many philosophical questions to ask and hope to learn a lot of logical stuff for my bots.

I did a minor in cognitive science and focused a lot of ethics with machines. Did my thesis on it
captaincrunk
Banned
 
Posts: 2394
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]